ADVERTISEMENT

Ruby vs Mountaineer Field

WVU already has a plot of land out near the new exit to eventually construct a new stadium.

New Childrens hospital and a FedEx distribution center and roads opening up new commercial land.

For you DA's who have not been to Morgantown, the hospital is expanding all over the Morgantown area.
The stadium is not moving and life as we know it will not end due to hospital expansion. It will just cost more to park in the blue lots. Supply and demand.

Cost more to park in the blue lot ...... if you can even get a spot. Private lots (yards) are becoming a premium also.

FedEx already opened up behind mall up that hill. I heard Amazon was going over there among many other things like shopping, retail, office space....

Some people just look for shit to worry about, uh, I imagine they will cancel football and close the stadium? lol

For you DA's who have not been to Morgantown, the hospital is expanding all over the Morgantown area.
The stadium is not moving and life as we know it will not end due to hospital expansion. It will just cost more to park in the blue lots. Supply and demand.
A huge parking garage is going to be built across Don Nehlen Drive from the stadium. It will be in the spot where that trailer park has been.
My nephew's trailer, as well as all other trailers, are being removed from that spot to make way for the new WVU Medicine parking garage.

WVU athletic department just dumped $45 million into MPS, there's not going to be a new stadium within AT LEAST the next 2 decades. Major cities have issues with stadium parking in high dense areas (DC, NY Yankees, NJ Devils, etc.) and they find ways around it. As things change with Ruby, I'm sure other avenues will be utilized to resolve parking (More use of PRT (Don't laugh), parking garages, etc.)

A huge parking garage is going to be built across Don Nehlen Drive from the stadium. It will be in the spot where that trailer park has been.
My nephew's trailer, as well as all other trailers, are being removed from that spot to make way for the new WVU Medicine parking garage.

It was posted months ago that the garage will be used mainly for employee parking. Hospital is still in use during ball games. Employee parking in the Blue and Green lots are gone on game day.

PRT at the Coli would make a lot of sense. FB parking access. Even more for BB. And people forget about the tier garage downtown. There is a station there.

I hear Mon Gen is a better hospital anyway. Ruby Docs headed there.
Maybe they expand and Ruby hits the bricks. There is just not much room to build anything else in Morgantown.

Ruby Memorial is part of WVU Medicine; a major research institution. Ruby is not going anywhere.

Like other posters alluded, the hospital is expanding around Morgantown.

Ruby Memorial is part of WVU Medicine; a major research institution. Ruby is not going anywhere.

Like other posters alluded, the hospital is expanding around Morgantown.

This. And from the sounds of things Mon General is not in too good of shape right now. A lot of turnover with senior leadership, etc going on right now. But still the best place in town to have a baby.

Side note: Their rebranding makes them look like a giant BP gas station.

Every time the hospital expands, it takes more parking spaces. What happens in about 10 years when Ruby is butting up against the front gate?
They’re also building parking garages, so I don’t think the expansion will affect much . . . at least not before we would be interested in rebuilding.

Every time the hospital expands, it takes more parking spaces. What happens in about 10 years when Ruby is butting up against the front gate?
Go to a Wisconsin Badger game and then check back and let us know how much parking you find there at Camp Randall.......................
Then go to a Minnesota Gopher game and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I park & tailgate on Pineview Drive and walk to the games. Have been tailgating there for 20+ years. The lots are there are pretty full (for most games and all BIG games) and everyone walks to the games. It's not difficult for the 5k people who do it. Some walk from the med center parking lot. Just leave 1/2 hour earlier than those Blue Lot folks who pay the near extra $800 to get their doors dinged in the narrow spaces at Ruby and the Blue Lot.

Btw Exercise after tailgating is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT