ADVERTISEMENT

RPJ

Re: can I add my comment?

I know you don't mind as you love talking golf as do I. I'm struggling with my draw at the present but it may be related to some physical issues I currently have. Made my 4th ever eagle on Saturday. You would think I would have more but nope, I suck and have only had 3 prior. Short par 5 at 455 yards but going for the green in two is very tough because there is no bailout anywhere. You either hit the green or you are taking a penalty stroke. Put a 4 iron to 12 feet and made the putt. I'm still in heaven.

Sweet!

I'm not sure how many eagles I've made but they are always a good feeling. My last one was a hole out from 140 last fall. I do remember having two eagles at Atlanta courses-number 2 at The Standard Club and the other at Stone Mountain. Ever played either?

That's a pretty good score considering the 3 putts. I like a little draw which is my natural flight. I played yesterday and shot 76. Had no feel. 1st hole is a 425 yard par 4. My second shot landed 50 yards left of the green on #2 tee. A little loose.

i can still break 80 every time out.

My trick is to quit before i go over 80. Downside is I havent played more than 14 holes in a few years.

the only way I ever make one (and it's been a while) is by holing one from the fairway or fringe...it's been a long time since I 'got there" in regulation for a putt at an eagle, I'm very encouraged that the draw has stayed consistent but the putting thing stumps me....the short stick has always been my crutch

Originally posted by Snow Sled Baby:
it's been a long time since I 'got there" in regulation for a putt at an eagle,
I could do that fairly frequently when I was younger. Now, not so much. Did have one crack at it last year. Driver, 3 wood, 15 foot putt didn't curl enough and missed by less than an inch on the high side.

I generally only play 9 holes on my way home after work. Got that birdie and 2 others that 9 and finished 1 over. My best 9 ever.

I've never been that good. Could never really put it all together. Drive well but putt crappy or putt well but miss badly with the irons. I can remember a couple rounds where I'd hit 3/4's of the greens in regulation but then have 3-4 3 putts and maybe only 1 birdie. It's maddening. I had a couple years when I played a lot that I was commonly in the 80-85 range but could never get into the 70s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT