ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Report: Tucker DeVries to join father at West Virginia

This from the guy that said WVU basketball will never win again.
I said it will take minimum 5 years to rebuild this shitshow with 1 year down. Getting a single player on the team means we’re back to you?

And you are wrong as usual.
If I’m wrong I’ll happily admit it, you on the other hand have already sold yourself that the program is competitive again because we hired a coach like every other team in the history of the sport and that coach was able to convince his son to come with him…

If I’m wrong I’ll happily admit it, you on the other hand have already sold yourself that the program is competitive again because we hired a coach like every other team in the history of the sport and that coach was able to convince his son to come with him…
This argument reminds me a bit of this, there is nobody wrong just determining who has the best worst approach to predicting our future:
This-is-the-best-bad-idea-we-have-sir.-By-far.jpg

Rebuilds are now done on a yearly basis in the age of NIL/portal.
It’s not normal for teams to turn over 100% of their roster even in this new era. I’m sure its happened a few times and I’d be curious about the results, but it’s not normal and it will be a challenge to first bring together a group of 13 strangers and get them to play together with some cohesion other than dipping into the new coach’s old players from a 1 bid conference and have them punch above their weight class.

A lot will have to go right for next year to not suck, and if it sucks and they all bolt again then we get to rinse and repeat and hope a bunch of strangers come from all over and build chemistry quickly.

It’s not normal for teams to turn over 100% of their roster even in this new era. I’m sure its happened a few times and I’d be curious about the results, but it’s not normal and it will be a challenge to first bring together a group of 13 strangers and get them to play together with some cohesion other than dipping into the new coach’s old players from a 1 bid conference and have them punch above their weight class.

A lot will have to go right for next year to not suck, and if it sucks and they all bolt again then we get to rinse and repeat and hope a bunch of strangers come from all over and build chemistry quickly.
Well I’ll guarantee this. We will be better than this past year. I’m usually wrong but I feel good about predicting this.

I fully agree with this perspective. A solid program recruits HS talent every year and fill in the gaps with transfers. A team can have a successful year solely on transfer but it can't be sustained just like one and done's can't be sustained.

I think Devries had to blend in 10 new players this year at Drake. Thats the report I heard, and I don't know why, but that c would be impressive if true.

I think Devries had to blend in 10 new players this year at Drake. Thats the report I heard, and I don't know why, but that c would be impressive if true.
Per the box scores of their NCAAT game last year and this year, 4 of the 8 players in last year’s rotation made it into this year’s NCAAT game. So he had a foundation to work with this year.

Do you have a brain? Cause if you do you're obviously not using it's resources.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT