ADVERTISEMENT

Remember James Franklin saying

CAJUNEER

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
”The realty is, we've gone from an average football team, to a good football team, to a great football team, but we're not an elite team yet.”

Are they still a great football team? I think a solid case can be made they’re merely a good football team.

WVU was 10-2 the year before Grier took over with a 5-9 FCS QB in Skyler Howard. WVU football doesn’t start or end with Grier. He better be glad he found us. WVU will win regardless. WVU will get another good QB out there. The overall team will improve. Penn State probably will find someone good as well. They have recruited well.

WVU was 10-2 the year before Grier took over with a 5-9 FCS QB in Skyler Howard. WVU football doesn’t start or end with Grier. He better be glad he found us. WVU will win regardless. WVU will get another good QB out there. The overall team will improve. Penn State probably will find someone good as well. They have recruited well.

WOAH there kiddo. Aren't you the same that said Holgorsen couldn't recruit? And nobody said life was over without Grier. I said we will find out how good we are. I know spelling is hard for you so I should have assumed comprehension was as well.... Bless you.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Franklin had back to back 11-win seasons and will still finish this year with 9/10 victories.............

I'd say averaging 10+ wins a year is great.

Reactions: 5-Technique
we should be thankful that he didn't chose probably 30-40 other teams. He could have gone to any school not in the SEC. HeY, Martinsburg is coming to play Salem next year, are you coming to the game?

They have not exactly lit up the Big 10 but they have been consistent. They are on a yearly term no worse than MSU or no better. They have the ability to win the Big 10 at any time.

Franklin had back to back 11-win seasons and will still finish this year with 9/10 victories.............

I'd say averaging 10+ wins a year is great.
3Vv2G6v_d.jpg

the team could win at least 9 games this season........... likely 10.

That's pretty great.
Franklin said this current team is great. 9-3 is good not great. But even that’s not the point. He should probably follow Proverbs 27:2.

I don't even think they are good. When McSorley leaves, we will find out what they are just as we will find out if we are good without Grier.

That is what you said when Barkley left. Before that it was Moorhead. Next year you will be saying it about someone else leaving.

PS. This year PSU has 21 seniors leaving. That includes 2 4 stars. They will have about 15+ 4 stars coming in.

Last edited:
That is what you said when Barkley left. Before that it was Moorhead. Next year you will be saying it about someone else leaving.

PS. This year PSU has 21 seniors leaving. That includes 2 4 stars. They will have about 15+ 4 stars coming in.

You can't be that ignorant about football.
Penn St has a decent class coming in. Probably 10-15.
Really like the DE from Brooklyn. Texas was trying to make a late push before they went another direction.
Don't think he has committed anywhere yet.

But....
You can't start freshmen at key positions until November.
Skill positions it is alright.

Unless they are an absolute man child you don't want any true freshmen on the O or D line.

So no matter how great your recruiting class is it won't really be counted on until 2020.

Yea you’re gonna have to find my post stating that. Solid effort tho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT