ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting suddenly got ...

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
harder and keeping the verbals got shaky with the impending death of the Big Can't count to 12 conference. This thing better get resolved one way or another quickly.

There seems to be a quiet confidence in WVU's future with the administration and I believe they already know what is coming. The fact we are still receiving commitments from quality recruits and retaining previous ones speaks volumes.

The relationships built between the recruits and coaches make it possible for players or parents to pick up the phone and reach someone in the know and get honest answers.

It also seems logical conclude that they are fine with the answers they receive based on reactions so far.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
There seems to be a quiet confidence in WVU's future with the administration and I believe they already know what is coming. The fact we are still receiving commitments from quality recruits and retaining previous ones speaks volumes.

The relationships built between the recruits and coaches make it possible for players or parents to pick up the phone and reach someone in the know and get honest answers.

It also seems logical conclude that they are fine with the answers they receive based on reactions so far.
This all changed yesterday lol.

Agree

I don't see WVU being left out of the picture if there are 64 or 65 teams involved.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Who has granted 64 or more…????
That's why the word if is in the statement.

Would not surprise me if B1G and SEC some day goes quad with anywhere from 16 to 20 teams in the conferences and then separate those 32 to 40 away from NCAA period

It did? Who did we lose? Which verbal commitment or current player?
Did you lose your ability to comprehend? Never said we had lost anybody yet. Landscape changed with the pending implosion of the We Were Not Twelve Team Conference. With WVU's uncertain status kids have to be thinking about it. Certainly not a positive point for uncommitted 18 year olds. The longer this is unresolved the more it will be used against WVU in recruiting.

Did you lose your ability to comprehend? Never said we had lost anybody yet. Landscape changed with the pending implosion of the We Were Not Twelve Team Conference. With WVU's uncertain status kids have to be thinking about it. Certainly not a positive point for uncommitted 18 year olds. The longer this is unresolved the more it will be used against WVU in recruiting.

Did you lose your ability to adjust to not being privy to information we all want. The fact that they haven't lost any commitments yet and have received a quality new one makes it logical and rational to conclude WVU is in a good spot.

You cannot expect a kid to stay with a commitment to a school going from P5 to G5. Loyalty only goes so far. As far as comprehension, perhaps our views are just different. Just because we don't know what is going to happen does not mean it will be the worst possibility. That, Mr. Rootmaster is merely my humble observation.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
Did you lose your ability to adjust to not being privy to information we all want. The fact that they haven't lost any commitments yet and have received a quality new one makes it logical and rational to conclude WVU is in a good spot.

You cannot expect a kid to stay with a commitment to a school going from P5 to G5. Loyalty only goes so far. As far as comprehension, perhaps our views are just different. Just because we don't know what is going to happen does not mean it will be the worst possibility. That, Mr. Rootmaster is merely my humble observation.
Gotta watch Root. Sometimes he pisses me off and other times I find him funny.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr

You're arguing with some guy in a mirror.

You're arguing with some guy in a mirror.

Hey, it's good practice and it's debating instead of arguing. Sometimes we tell each other jokes, some we've heard and some we haven't, then we just laugh and laugh. Although he sometimes pisses me off I like that guy. He gets me laid. How do you like the man in your mirror?

The other side of the coin said recruiting got easier now that we "may" be playing teams(ACC) within our major recruiting/marketing areas and playing our old rivals. Recruit's families will be more likely to be closer to away games too.

Reactions: JWG66

I'm going to say something, because I like saying things...but I have nothing to say, so I will just say stuff, and...when im done saying things about stuff, I will say something about something else, and all the things I will say will be about the things I have said.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I'm going to say something, because I like saying things...but I have nothing to say, so I will just say stuff, and...when im done saying things about stuff, I will say something about something else, and all the things I will say will be about the things I have said.
You sure do say a lot.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT