ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts from the press box

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I found it odd that yesterday in the press box many in the UCF media thought WVU would win while several WVU media members thought UCF would win. A reminder not to pay attention to the media while doing your weekly pics. lol

UCF's press box is decent but way too crowded and that's with the least amount of media I've seen at a major college game. We were shoulder to shoulder, which is not a place you want to be with media folks. That's one reason I spent a lot of my time on the field. Generally the press box media is only allowed on the field before the game and in the last few mins of the game. They were nice enough to let me go wherever I wanted.

I've never been much of a Reddit user and I thought it was strange that they credentialed the college football group on Reddit. I can tell you as the guy who started the online sports world that things sure have changed. I was treated like trash for my first several years, even when I was credentialed. I was telling Mog yesterday about times like at BC and Wisconsin when my credentials were pulled the morning of the game because they found out I was online only. Newspaper guys who used to hate the online media members are now online only as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News