ADVERTISEMENT

Ramping up for B12 play - who's who with current WR's (routes, hands, possession and red zone)

NCNEER

All-American
May 29, 2001
Apex, NC
Heading into Big 12 play it seems we have a good mix of WR's and maybe better than we thought. It does seem we have strengths for each WR. What are their strengths opinions please?
Mine
Best Hands - Jennings (he may be our best possession guy - Shorts replacement)
Best Speed and Deep Threat - Simms .....who else.....probably Jennings
Best Routes - Sills seems be the guy but all the WRs have been solid (looking for White to get better)
Best Red Zone - Sills seems to get open ....needs to work on drops (the fade has been much improved and several WRs are doing well there. Very hard to defend WVU in the red zone now)
Best Out of the Backfield - I am going to go with McKoy but Pettaway is really smooth as well
Best Possession WR - I would say Sills or Jennings but if we can eliminate drops there are lots options to move the chains. We were concerned about losing Shorts but we may be better off this year with multiple targets on 3rd down
Overall it seems we have a lot of weapons and with Simms back in the mix we have a full spectrum. The only area that still seems to be underutilized is the HB/TE position.
You're best at this point?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News