ADVERTISEMENT

ramblings from my liberal family members...

Pospecteer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2006
My youngest daughter just graduated from high school and my wife's sisters came to celebrate the occasion. My daughter is a huge Trump supporter and going into into business at WVU. My SIL teaches at BU in the Social Work Masters Program, her husband runs the largest non-profit in RI and their youngest daughter just graduated from Simmons in Boston in Social Work.

My niece does not identify as woman, as she does not believe in gender identity and is very active in Bernies campaign. Her parter (her girlfriend) of two years went to Cal-Berkley and is SJW when she is not trying to make it in the music industry as a music producer. She asked my kids not to use gender specific language and refer to has in non gender terms.

My wife, her other sister from TX, very conservative and my 3 kids (youngest, older daughter is a Sr at WVU and my son who works in NYC) are pretty balanced in thought and thoughtful not to talk politics with their family as they know it will cause conflict.

Anyways, here are just a couple of things I learned this weekend:
  • Trump should be impeached for running an ad in 1989 supporting the prosecution on the Central Park 5. Never mind that the Mayor, the Chief of Police and the DA were all Dems. They went on to say that this happens to blacks all of the time. Racism is rampant everywhere except or the coasts.
  • WVU is an OK school, they hope my kids are getting a balanced education. They are questioning why my girls want to go to WVU and ask them point blank if I am forcing them to go there. (They graduated from WLU, Masters from Washington U, PHD from UCONN.)
  • The USA leads the world in infant mortality rates, when we refuted that, they came back with mothers mortality death rate are the worst in the USA. Fact is we have the best mortality rates across the board within the best 5%.
  • They are thinking about moving to Italy because healthcare is free and better than the USA.
  • The Gov. should be able to force mental health patients into mental hospitals if deemed a threat by a social services agency (like the non-profit the BIL runs) and signed off by a family court judge (their best friend). I commented that Reagan actually set policy in the early 70's and once in office dramatically changed the mental health landscape of community health centers. I was told that I don't know what I was talking about. I thought I would get browny points for blaming something on Reagan.
  • My niece told us she advised her friend who was thinking about bartending to pick up some extra cash to stay away from nice hotels and nice restaurants because rich people don't tip. She went on to claim that working class people tip better because they care about people more than rich people who are the scum of the earth (actual statement). My son who bartended in college chimed in that the only people who don't tip are college students!
  • My BIL asked me why their are so many estates in our little township and I said that we have one of the lowest property tax rates in PA. He said, wow, those rich people sure can buy the best lobbyists. I replied that our township did that to attract new families and it has worked well to generate revenue, he just rolled his eyes. When I added that well, we do have a 1% income tax which off-sets that a little, he said, that's good.

My youngest daughter just graduated from high school and my wife's sisters came to celebrate the occasion. My daughter is a huge Trump supporter and going into into business at WVU. My SIL teaches at BU in the Social Work Masters Program, her husband runs the largest non-profit in RI and their youngest daughter just graduated from Simmons in Boston in Social Work.

My niece does not identify as woman, as she does not believe in gender identity and is very active in Bernies campaign. Her parter (her girlfriend) of two years went to Cal-Berkley and is SJW when she is not trying to make it in the music industry as a music producer. She asked my kids not to use gender specific language and refer to has in non gender terms.

My wife, her other sister from TX, very conservative and my 3 kids (youngest, older daughter is a Sr at WVU and my son who works in NYC) are pretty balanced in thought and thoughtful not to talk politics with their family as they know it will cause conflict.

• Trump should be impeached for running an ad in 1989 supporting the prosecution on the Central Park 5. Never mind that the Mayor, the Chief of Police and the DA were all Dems. They went on to say that this happens to blacks all of the time. Racism is rampant everywhere except or the coasts.
  • WVU is an OK school, they hope my kids are getting a balanced education. They are questioning why my girls want to go to WVU and ask them point blank if I am forcing them to go there. (They graduated from WLU, Masters from Washington U, PHD from UCONN.)
  • The USA leads the world in infant mortality rates, when we refuted that, they came back with mothers mortality death rate are the worst in the USA. Fact is we have the best mortality rates across the board within the best 5%.
  • They are thinking about moving to Italy because healthcare is free and better than the USA.
  • The Gov. should be able to force mental health patients into mental hospitals if deemed a threat by a social services agency (like the non-profit the BIL runs) and signed off by a family court judge (their best friend). I commented that Reagan actually set policy in the early 70's and once in office dramatically changed the mental health landscape of community health centers. I was told that I don't know what I was talking about. I thought I would get browny points for blaming something on Reagan.
  • My niece told us she advised her friend who was thinking about bartending to pick up some extra cash to stay away from nice hotels and nice restaurants because rich people don't tip. She went on to claim that working class people tip better because they care about people more than rich people who are the scum of the earth (actual statement). My son who bartended in college chimed in that the only people who don't tip are college students!
  • My BIL asked me why their are so many estates in our little township and I said that we have one of the lowest property tax rates in PA. He said, wow, those rich people sure can buy the best lobbyists. I replied that our township did that to attract new families and it has worked well to generate revenue, he just rolled his eyes. When I added that well, we do have a 1% income tax which off-sets that a little, he said, that's good.
Didn't now that frontal lobe dementia was contagious.

Reactions: lenny4wvu and WVU82

They are confused young Ladies Pospecteer. Ask 'em what bathroom they go into when out in public and one says "Men" and the other says "Women"?

It's hysterical that you get so riled you come to a messageboard to type up a 3,000 word post. lmao. TL;DR

Oh @Pospecteer! Here's a better follow up on post #4. When they go to take a tinkle... ask 'em if they stand up or sit down? I think that pretty much decides what gender they are 'ya think? :flushed:

Hence my typed up manifestos! :joy::joy::joy:

2007 is mad and lonely. Sad.

We all know you suffer from low self-esteem. Don't be mad, don't be sad, be glad. Watch less television, you will be much happier.

Hence my typed up manifestos! :joy::joy::joy:

2007 is mad and lonely. Sad.

Hey Coop, I passed through Lexington this weekend and stopped at a Liquor Barn. Man, what a place. I looked for Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Evidently they were sold out. Anyway, I did buy some Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. Wow! That stuff is the bomb! 15% alcohol, smooth, nice.

Hey Coop, I passed through Lexington this weekend and stopped at a Liquor Barn. Man, what a place. I looked for Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Evidently they were sold out. Anyway, I did buy some Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. Wow! That stuff is the bomb! 15% alcohol, smooth, nice.
You guys ever try Blanton's? I've had it several times at hotel bars but can't find it anywhere.

I could spend 1/2 a day at some of those liquor barns. Some of them have a butcher shop inside, a deli, etc.
Surprised they didn't have any Buffalo Trace there.

You guys ever try Blanton's? I've had it several times at hotel bars but can't find it anywhere.
Tried? I have the whole race of stoppers.

The Stoppers
The horse and jockey atop the bottle stoppers are now a recognized trademark of Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon. The rich heritage and tradition of horses in Kentucky parallel that of bourbon. This is our way of paying homage to this Kentucky heritage. Beginning in 1999 a collector's set of eight different stoppers was produced. The set features a horse and jockey in different strides and poses resembling the stages of a horse race, from beginning to end. Each stopper is marked with a single letter that spells Blanton's when the set has been completed. The final stopper, marked by “S” always finishes the race in victory!

Stopper_Collection_Long_UPDATED_1024x1024.png

You should have gone to the new Total Wine store south of town at New Circle and Nicholasville Roads; for me, it's the best beer/wine/spirits store in the universe. Admittedly, I've not shopped that store as yet, as I spend way more time in Louisville (where there are two Total Wine locations). But not only do they have an incredible selection of, well, everything, their prices are as good as any I've seen (including Costco).

Anyway, I'll respectfully recommend nobody pass up a chance to shop at a Total Wine.

Reactions: countryroads89
Tried? I have the whole race of stoppers.

The Stoppers
The horse and jockey atop the bottle stoppers are now a recognized trademark of Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon. The rich heritage and tradition of horses in Kentucky parallel that of bourbon. This is our way of paying homage to this Kentucky heritage. Beginning in 1999 a collector's set of eight different stoppers was produced. The set features a horse and jockey in different strides and poses resembling the stages of a horse race, from beginning to end. Each stopper is marked with a single letter that spells Blanton's when the set has been completed. The final stopper, marked by “S” always finishes the race in victory!

Stopper_Collection_Long_UPDATED_1024x1024.png
First time I had it was in a hotel bar in Illinois while I was at a meeting. A colleague of mine introduced me to it and he eyed the empty bottle after I got the last bit of it for my drink. Bartender disappeared with the bottle and he followed her right into the restaurant kitchen to get the top. He nabbed it just before she threw it in the dumpster. I think he said it was his second.

You should have gone to the new Total Wine store south of town at New Circle and Nicholasville Roads; for me, it's the best beer/wine/spirits store in the universe. Admittedly, I've not shopped that store as yet, as I spend way more time in Louisville (where there are two Total Wine locations). But not only do they have an incredible selection of, well, everything, their prices are as good as any I've seen (including Costco).

Anyway, I'll respectfully recommend nobody pass up a chance to shop at a Total Wine.
Total Wine over Liquor Barn? Interesting. I've gone the shopwinedirect.com route for some hard to find bottles needed quickly. But that site is $$$$$

Total Wine over Liquor Barn? Interesting. I've gone the shopwinedirect.com route for some hard to find bottles needed quickly. But that site is $$$$$

I've shopped at both retailers.....in Kentucky specifically......and Total Wine is clearly lower priced than Liquor Barn. Maybe pricing varies from state to state. Personally, I prefer the shopping experience at Total Wine to Liquor Barn as well; though, like most folks, I'll buy my liquor in a shithouse in return for lower pricing.

Since my discovery of Total Wine a couple years ago, I haven't purchased a drop of liquor in my home state of Ohio; to the best of my knowledge, we don't have such superstore retailers of this type. So, I'm pleased to have opportunities like last Thursday, when I was passing through Louisville, giving me a chance to stock up.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER

Smoothest bourbon I've ever had.

I freely admit I'm a Scotch (rather than bourbon) drinker.......but I tried Angels Envy on a recommendation, and find it as pleasant a bourbon experience as I've ever had. That said, I might have to give Blanton's a whirl now.

Reactions: bamaEER
Sorry for the absence , had a family emergency, my daughters were in an auto accident. They are fine but had to spend the night in the hospital. And yea, I guess when you talk smack on my liberal in-laws they put the hex on me

Sorry for the absence , had a family emergency, my daughters were in an auto accident. They are fine but had to spend the night in the hospital. And yea, I guess when you talk smack on my liberal in-laws they put the hex on me
Best wishes for your daughters, your family and you. Glad they are ok.

I hope they continue to be fine. My wife is still suffering from neck pain from an auto accident. Make sure they take care of ANY pain they feel in the neck/back immediately over the next couple of days.

Wish them the best

I hope they continue to be fine. My wife is still suffering from neck pain from an auto accident. Make sure they take care of ANY pain they feel in the neck/back immediately over the next couple of days.

Wish them the best

Thanks. At this point my house is a MASH field hospital. My wife sprained her ankle and my daughters are poster children why air bags save lives but at a modest price.

Thanks. At this point my house is a MASH field hospital. My wife sprained her ankle and my daughters are poster children why air bags save lives but at a modest price.
I hope everyone heals up soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT