ADVERTISEMENT

Question Re: KJ's draft positioning / future contract?

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Just curious...after the injury his positioning took a bit of a hit, but...I read in a few different prognostications he goes late 1st or early 2nd? Some team could get one heck of a bargain I would think...Anyone have an idea if the ability for teams to sign 1st round picks for 5 years max and all later rounds a max of 4 has any bearing on his draft selection? I know this seems to matter a bit with QB's, and may even have a lot to do with lower ranked QB's going a bit high this year, as teams have that extra year of control but are the other positions/ athletes in the first round also typically signing a 5 year deal or shorter term ? I honestly don't know...

Good luck to Karl wherever he lands...man that was fun to watch over the last few years!

Most mock drafts don't have him going in the first round....yet, most have him rated as a first round talent (despite his injury). I've seen several sources (aka websites) claiming he's a first round lock and one actually a top 10 overall value.

So who knows except those actually involved in the first round of the draft ?

IMO he is clearly a player who could go in a large number of spots based on team needs vs. how the draft plays out. I don't consider him a first round talent but it's how the cookie crumbles... ...even my team (Steelers) might take him if they can't get their preferred CB's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT