ADVERTISEMENT

QB Targets for 2022 & 2023??

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
Who else of quality are we heavily pursuing? I heard Devin Kargman outperformed at the Elite 11 competition, there was another name who won the comp, but he has no major offers yet, possible under-recruited gem. Its imperative the 22 class has a quality QB, pretty bummed Davis is headed to South Carolina, but its at least to the only other program I watch a little.(I lived in Columbia for 2 years, is the only reason why)...

Who are our top targets, and are they high-end talent potential or just a back-up role player for whomever may be in the 2023 class.. We need to get to a place where we are landing 1 Elite11 caliber QB every other year, so hoping Neal Brown & staff work some magic here...

WVU offers 4 star QB Nicco Marchiol. He committed to FSU a few months ago, but AJ Duffy a higher ranked 4 star QB also just recently committed to FSU this past week. When Nicco released his top 4, only Arizona St has yet to sign a QB in the 2022 class.

Not sure if WVU can flip him this late in the game(from a QB perspective its pretty late to initiate the process for a QB), even if he decommits from FSU..

That said, when you watch his film, the arm talent is def high-end... He would be our first lefty QB in some time, but if Brown & Staff can work some magic here, Devin Kargman or Nicco Marchiol would probably be the best two options available. If either of them does not work out, maybe we can shift focus to Rocco, who knows. Either way, getting a high caliber QB in this class is an absolute must.. As we have not yet confirmed Garrett Greene or Goose Crowder... Considering QB has been a weakness and its position critical nature, I honestly feel with so many of the other positions being recruited at a superior level by NB & Staff, future success will be determined by how we can recruit this position. We saw with Will Grier, a high caliber QB can camouflage other weaknesses from a talent or scheme perspective. We need that Elite11 talent every other year, with a quality back-up in between years, to ensure we are not overcrowding the room and we recruit them, only to see them transfer.

Even years (2020, 2022, 2024, etc) Im hoping to see us land the higher-end talent. The sooner we get a commitment, the sooner it will help attract other offensive talent to the class. One thing I loved about Garrett Greene's commitment... Take a few mins and send Nicco a little WVU welcome... Every bit helps..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT