ADVERTISEMENT

Provide your prediction on who Trump picks as his running mate.

My preference would be J.D. Vance
e990c1a8f12ff12b.jpg

James David Vance is a venture capitalist, author, and politician serving as the junior United States senator from Ohio since 2023. A member of the Republican Party, he came to prominence with his 2016 memoir, Hillbilly Elegy. Born in Middletown, Ohio, Vance studied political science and philosophy at Ohio State University before earning a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School.

My head and all political indications say it'll be this guy
51ef665f.jpg

Doug Burgum

Governor of North Dakota since 2016
Douglas James Burgum is an American businessman and politician serving since 2016 as the 33rd governor of North Dakota. He is among the wealthiest governors in the United States and has an estimated net worth of $100 million according to Forbes. He is a member of the Republican Party

I'm OK with either one of them.

This guy would be a home run too!
4e42c68b7e5cd16e.jpg

Byron Donalds

Byron Lowell Donalds is an American politician and financial analyst who has served as the U.S. representative for Florida's 19th congressional district since 2021. His district includes much of Southwest Florida. Born and raised in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Donalds attended Florida A&M University and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and marketing from Florida State University in 2002.

My preference would be J.D. Vance
e990c1a8f12ff12b.jpg

James David Vance is a venture capitalist, author, and politician serving as the junior United States senator from Ohio since 2023. A member of the Republican Party, he came to prominence with his 2016 memoir, Hillbilly Elegy. Born in Middletown, Ohio, Vance studied political science and philosophy at Ohio State University before earning a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School.

My head and all political indications say it'll be this guy
51ef665f.jpg

Doug Burgum

Governor of North Dakota since 2016
Douglas James Burgum is an American businessman and politician serving since 2016 as the 33rd governor of North Dakota. He is among the wealthiest governors in the United States and has an estimated net worth of $100 million according to Forbes. He is a member of the Republican Party

I'm OK with either one of them.

This guy would be a home run too!
4e42c68b7e5cd16e.jpg

Byron Donalds

Byron Lowell Donalds is an American politician and financial analyst who has served as the U.S. representative for Florida's 19th congressional district since 2021. His district includes much of Southwest Florida. Born and raised in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Donalds attended Florida A&M University and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and marketing from Florida State University in 2002.
But grim would be energy sec. Hes already over 70. Vance or Vivek

Reactions: atlkvb
Vance may be too far right. I think they need someone the Independent voters and the women voters can "live with". It wouldn't surprise me if Governor Youngkin of Virginia wasn't in play. I'd be fine with Donaldson too. I'm iffy on Burgun.

• Wow
Vance may be too far right. I think they need someone the Independent voters and the women voters can "live with". It wouldn't surprise me if Governor Youngkin of Virginia wasn't in play. I'd be fine with Donaldson too. I'm iffy on Burgun.
Lt governor of VA. I can't think of her name but she would be awesome

What's "too far right" for a MAGA voter? 🤔

Lt governor of VA. I can't think of her name but she would be awesome

4bcdaa5a.jpg

Winsome Earle Sears
The Lieutenant Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia is a constitutional officer of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The lieutenant governor is elected every four years along with the governor and attorney general. Sears, who was elected in 2021, is the first woman of color to hold this position.

Prudency would say Donalds to help pull in a bigger percentage of the Black vote as well as a percentage of the young vote who like "feel good" voting. To add, there's no guarantee Trump will keep himself out of trouble and he could be forced to take over anyway.

Vance and Bergum don't really bring anything to the ticket that would help to ensure a victory. I suppose Vance could help bring Ohio but that's not a guarantee.

What Trump DOESN'T need is a "yes man". He needs someone who can help bring in the independent, Black, and Latino vote. Depending upon who the Dems bring out of the pen, this could help tremendously in a tight election.

Prudency would say Donalds to help pull in a bigger percentage of the Black vote as well as a percentage of the young vote who like "feel good" voting. To add, there's no guarantee Trump will keep himself out of trouble and he could be forced to take over anyway.

Vance and Bergum don't really bring anything to the ticket that would help to ensure a victory. I suppose Vance could help bring Ohio but that's not a guarantee.

What Trump DOESN'T need is a "yes man". He needs someone who can help bring in the independent, Black, and Latino vote. Depending upon who the Dems bring out of the pen, this could help tremendously in a tight election.
Vance I think brings Trump credibility with the next generation of conservative voters who may be uneasy about the future of the movement and the country once the 900 pound gorilla (aka DJT) departs the political scene after 4 years. I agree with your assessment on Donalds, but to me as of right now he lacks the seasoning to be second in command.

Vance OTOH is a combat Vet who has expertise on overseas matters. He sits on numerous and important committees as a Senator like Commerce, banking, housing, transportation and urban affairs. He can stand beside Trump as a younger version of MAGA willing to usher in the next generation of fresh ideas & leadership. Ironically his youth gives Trump both stature and credibility with a growing number of post millennials who are starting to think their chance at the American dream of homeownership and financial security is slowly slipping away.

I think he'd be a solid choice.

I'll serve if I'm asked to, but I'd rather run the NSC or CIA so I can clean out the roaches infesting those places.
iu

Be careful there Mike, they may try to kill you 'cause you know exactly where those roaches are!

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtrasheer

excerpt:
Behind closed doors, Mr. Trump has been primarily interested in Senator J.D. Vance of Ohio, Gov. Doug Burgum of North Dakota and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, according to three people who have spoken to the former president in recent days and insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations.

But Mr. Trump has befuddled some friends and advisers by continuing to solicit opinions on other contenders, including Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and former housing secretary during his administration, and Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina.

Trump: "Hey Tim, you wanna run with me and help me clean up this mess?"
27pol-trump-veep-scott-kltb-superJumbo.jpg

Tim Scott: "Sure Mr. President....where do you want me to start?"

Insight: The absolute best VP options for Trump

excerpt:

Trump’s short list of veep prospects offers insight into the trait he prizes above all — loyalty — but also into the campaign’s thinking about his strengths and weaknesses within the electorate.

Women voters obviously don’t always vote for women candidates, but it might make a difference at the margins in an election that figures to be remarkably close. The trouble is, there’s little cause to think that a viable female candidate who could actually move voters is among the finalists.

...more

Biden’s weakness with Black and Hispanic voters this year, particularly men, is coinciding with a moment when there are more GOP veep prospects of color than ever before. Trump’s selection of a non-white running mate offers the promise of putting a serious dent in the Democratic coalition — peeling off even a few percentage points in the right places could be the difference between victory and defeat.

...more

Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance might have enhanced value as a running mate.

Out of any of the serious VP contenders, Vance has embraced the “burn it down” ethos of the populist new right. His long-standing opposition to vaccine and mask mandates and unstinting criticism of Covid restrictions would resonate with the RFK-curious. His lack of political experience — Vance is less than two years into his first Senate term — wouldn’t be a significant issue since their beliefs are marked by deep distrust of institutions and the political establishment.

*editor's note:
For the above reason I believe it will be Vance. Trump at his core is anti-establishment, it defines his campaign. Selecting Vance would send a signal to the rest of the GOP swamp dwellers that they will NOT be tolerated in a second Trump administration.

I really can't stand swamp dwellers
iu

None of us can JD. Run...go get 'em!

Last edited:

excerpt:
Behind closed doors, Mr. Trump has been primarily interested in Senator J.D. Vance of Ohio, Gov. Doug Burgum of North Dakota and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, according to three people who have spoken to the former president in recent days and insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations.

But Mr. Trump has befuddled some friends and advisers by continuing to solicit opinions on other contenders, including Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and former housing secretary during his administration, and Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina.
I like Ben Carson as a person and believe he needs a spot , a high ranking spot , but don't believe he has the personality to be vise president.
Ben Carson is the only politician I've ever donated to . I didn't not believe he had a snow balls chance in hell of winning but wanted to hear more of his ideas.

I had not heard Byron Donald’s name mentioned before but I think he’d be a great choice. I guess the knock on him would be that he’s “not ready” because of his relative lack of experience. I think he brings more juice than Tim Scott and he’s more true MAGA. He’s also a man who, I believe, could truly make a positive impact on race relations in America.

I like Ben Carson as a person and believe he needs a spot , a high ranking spot , but don't believe he has the personality to be vise president.
Ben Carson is the only politician I've ever donated to . I didn't not believe he had a snow balls chance in hell of winning but wanted to hear more of his ideas.
If you remember back in the early '16 primary season when there was a crowded field, he was my pick. Trump eventually outlasted him, Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush, and a host of other solid choices but Ben Carson was my 1st pick way before Trump ran away from everyone else.

You're right, he's very soft spoken and not too "glib" but the man is straight up brilliant and a "no nonsense" type of politico. I believe Trump will find another spot for him in his administration. I can see him as director or HHS, the VA or maybe even the CDC (although that's an agency and not a cabinet position)

I had not heard Byron Donald’s name mentioned before but I think he’d be a great choice. I guess the knock on him would be that he’s “not ready” because of his relative lack of experience. I think he brings more juice than Tim Scott and he’s more true MAGA. He’s also a man who, I believe, could truly make a positive impact on race relations in America.
Don't rule out Trump tapping him as HUD secretary! He's really a powerful & dynamic speaker who has innovative ideas on instituting accountability in that wasteful bureaucracy that primarily impacts inner city urban voters who are mostly African American and have been voting Democrat for decades. I really like him.

He needs to pick Byron Donalds or Tulsi Gabbard.
Tulsi Gabbard would cause Trump to lose more of his base support than he might gain from independents, moderates or Democrats by picking her. He won't risk ticking off the folks who've stuck with him through impeachments 1&2, the Jan 6th drama show hearings, Lawfare, and all the rest of the ongoing media smears.

Donalds is an interesting option if for no other reason he can capitalize on the growing male African American support for Trump's candidacy, but he's not ready to be Commander-in-Chief if something were to happen to Trump. I can see him in the cabinet though, maybe as HUD secretary?

Last edited:
If you remember back in the early '16 primary season when there was a crowded field, he was my pick. Trump eventually outlasted him, Carly Fiorina, Jeb Bush, and a host of other solid choices but Ben Carson was my 1st pick way before Trump ran away from everyone else.

You're right, he's very soft spoken and not too "glib" but the man is straight up brilliant and a "no nonsense" type of politico. I believe Trump will find another spot for him in his administration. I can see him as director or HHS, the VA or maybe even the CDC (although that's an agency and not a cabinet position)
Made my kids read his book before I helped them get a car .

Tulsi Gabbard would cause Trump to lose more of his base support than he might gain from independents, moderates or Democrats by picking her
Zero percent chance any of the base sits this one out.

Trump has to appeal to moderates and independents. Tulsi has spent 2 years banging away at the left, deep state, and the rigged system of the Dem party. She’d be a huge win with independents and would neutralize the anti-woman rhetoric, I’ve listened to her a bunch since 2020 and she’s extremely well spoken and able to translate Trump to the people normally turned off by how he talks.

Agree with you on Donald’s. Trump could really make inroads there with him. He’s still young.

Flynn needs to work for Trump to help dismantle the bureaucracy. He’s not a politician. Chief of Staff or something like that. Maybe SecDef.

Vance is the one being listed I actually trust the least.

I do like Vivek and Bergum, but Bergum, frankly, no one knows who the hell he is.

Zero percent chance any of the base sits this one out.

Trump has to appeal to moderates and independents. Tulsi has spent 2 years banging away at the left, deep state, and the rigged system of the Dem party. She’d be a huge win with independents and would neutralize the anti-woman rhetoric, I’ve listened to her a bunch since 2020 and she’s extremely well spoken and able to translate Trump to the people normally turned off by how he talks.

Agree with you on Donald’s. Trump could really make inroads there with him. He’s still young.

Flynn needs to work for Trump to help dismantle the bureaucracy. He’s not a politician. Chief of Staff or something like that. Maybe SecDef.

Vance is the one being listed I actually trust the least.

I do like Vivek and Bergum, but Bergum, frankly, no one knows who the hell he is.
I agree with most of this, however I just don't think there's a sizeable enough collection of "swing" voters who would offset Trump's loss of support among base GOP voters (his most loyal) who would not trust Tulsi Gabbard if he put her on the ticket. You're right she has been brutal on Dems, but so has Joe Manchin and I don't think he has any more trust now among GOP base voters than Tulsi. We'll see, but she's not on any lists I'm hearing being bandied about.

JD Vance OTOH, is all I'm hearing consistently in the most conservative circles of the GOP. I've outlined how he not only protects Trump's base, but can reach out to a growing number of new converts who've been "red pilled" because of Biden and Dem's awful policies.

I agree with most of this, however I just don't think there's a sizeable enough collection of "swing" voters who would offset Trump's loss of support among base GOP voters (his most loyal) who would not trust Tulsi Gabbard if he put her on the ticket. You're right she has been brutal on Dems, but so has Joe Manchin and I don't think he has any more trust now among GOP base voters than Tulsi. We'll see, but she's not on any lists I'm hearing being bandied about.

JD Vance OTOH, is all I'm hearing consistently in the most conservative circles of the GOP. I've outlined how he not only protects Trump's base, but can reach out to a growing number of new converts who've been "red pilled" because of Biden and Dem's awful policies.
Again, the base isn’t going to be turned off by any of Trump’s picks. They’re going to come out and vote. And anyone redpilled is either already in with Trump or strattling the fence, Vance doesn’t appeal to them. Tulsi is like the queen of the red pilled. She’s exactly the person to grab them, precisely because she’s on of them.

We can agree to disagree on Vance, I’m not a fan. He’s a politician in the worst sense of the word. I truly don’t think he has strong convictions about anything. He’s just riding the wave right now because his base is also reliably Trump’s base. I think he’ll make a fine career congressman, maybe Senator. He’s like a Mike Pence.

Again, the base isn’t going to be turned off by any of Trump’s picks. They’re going to come out and vote. And anyone redpilled is either already in with Trump or strattling the fence, Vance doesn’t appeal to them. Tulsi is like the queen of the red pilled. She’s exactly the person to grab them, precisely because she’s on of them.

We can agree to disagree on Vance, I’m not a fan. He’s a politician in the worst sense of the word. I truly don’t think he has strong convictions about anything. He’s just riding the wave right now because his base is also reliably Trump’s base. I think he’ll make a fine career congressman, maybe Senator. He’s like a Mike Pence.
It's a judgement call. I'd say the same about Gabbard. She realizes the Dems have obviously gone off the deep end, but she hasn't exactly renounced her core convictions either. I honestly think you're wrong about Vance. Trump says he already has his choice picked out and reportedly that person was sitting in attendance at last week's CNN debate! Tulsi wasn't there, but Vance sure was (among others) so we'll just have to see?

I honestly don't see her on Trump's ticket. Trump both respects and admires Vance. We both can't be right on this!

Here's another reason (IMO) Trump's already decided on J.D. Vance. His son...Don Jr. and Vance have "connected". Don Jr. is one of Trump's most trusted political advisors, and he likes J.D. Vance...they've become best friends in fact. Don Jr. is constantly in Trump's ear, laying out the political landscape for his Dad and Trump instinctively trusts his son's political instincts 100%

I have to believe Don Jr. wants his dad to pick Vance.

A Match Made in MAGA: How a Friendship Helped J.D. Vance Land on Trump’s V.P. List

excerpt:
Mr. Vance is one of the former president’s most reliable allies and a leader of a band of Republicans pushing Senate Republicans to the right. And his star has only continued to rise: Mr. Vance is on the list of Mr. Trump’s possible running mates, according to two people familiar with the discussions. In no small part, Mr. Vance owes his quick ascent into the Trump orbit to his unlikely friendship and ideological kinship with the former president’s oldest son. They text or talk nearly daily and try to meet up if they are in the same city, according to people who know them both. They are a social-media tag team, often reposting each other’s messages.

Although he has stressed that the choice of a running mate is his father’s decision alone, Mr. Trump has said he would be happy with Mr. Vance on the G.O.P. ticket.

* note

@DvlDog4WVU
This is purely anecdotal as I have no "inside" information on how Trump has already reportedly made his VEEP selection. However there is no doubt he trusts his Son, and there is no doubt Don Jr. and Vance have bonded. The rest I'm speculating on but logic tells me Don Jr. is the one who's pushed J.D. Vance as a Veep candidate for his Father.

"I'll be disappointed if I'm not Trump's VP pick"-Ohio Senator J.D. Vance

excerpt:
Mr. Vance said he would push for more manufacturing jobs, more school choice and immigration policy that focused on deportations and building a wall along the southern border.

He said Democrats often attacked Republicans as insensitive to Black voters and the poor, but that “they really can’t pull that with me, right, because I grew up in a poor family, and I was raised in a working-class community.”

“I do think there is something just about my biography that makes it a little bit harder for these guys to attack me,” he said.

Here's another reason (IMO) Trump's already decided on J.D. Vance. His son...Don Jr. and Vance have "connected". Don Jr. is one of Trump's most trusted political advisors, and he likes J.D. Vance...they've become best friends in fact. Don Jr. is constantly in Trump's ear, laying out the political landscape for his Dad and Trump instinctively trusts his son's political instincts 100%

I have to believe Don Jr. wants his dad to pick Vance.

A Match Made in MAGA: How a Friendship Helped J.D. Vance Land on Trump’s V.P. List

excerpt:
Mr. Vance is one of the former president’s most reliable allies and a leader of a band of Republicans pushing Senate Republicans to the right. And his star has only continued to rise: Mr. Vance is on the list of Mr. Trump’s possible running mates, according to two people familiar with the discussions. In no small part, Mr. Vance owes his quick ascent into the Trump orbit to his unlikely friendship and ideological kinship with the former president’s oldest son. They text or talk nearly daily and try to meet up if they are in the same city, according to people who know them both. They are a social-media tag team, often reposting each other’s messages.

Although he has stressed that the choice of a running mate is his father’s decision alone, Mr. Trump has said he would be happy with Mr. Vance on the G.O.P. ticket.

* note

@DvlDog4WVU
This is purely anecdotal as I have no "inside" information on how Trump has already reportedly made his VEEP selection. However there is no doubt he trusts his Son, and there is no doubt Don Jr. and Vance have bonded. The rest I'm speculating on but logic tells me Don Jr. is the one who's pushed J.D. Vance as a Veep candidate for his Father.
He might very well pick Vance, and I understand the rationale for why he might. I’m not speculating o what he is going to do. I’m saying what he SHOULD do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT