ADVERTISEMENT

Provide your prediction on who Trump picks as his running mate.

He might very well pick Vance, and I understand the rationale for why he might. I’m not speculating o what he is going to do. I’m saying what he SHOULD do.
He did the right thing picking JD. He's going to be a fabulous partner.

I am ecstatic Trump has picked J.D. Vance as his VEEP. You should be too. I respect your insight, but as I said we both couldn't be right about who Trump would pick.

I think the reasons I laid out for JD have been validated. I'm sure now you agree with me?
Agree with you about what? I’m not changing my mind on Vance just because he was the selection. He’s a flip flopper. He literally referred to himself as a Never-Trumper before he ran for Senate. He’s a political animal, and I’m not happy he was picked.

Agree with you about what? I’m not changing my mind on Vance just because he was the selection. He’s a flip flopper. He literally referred to himself as a Never-Trumper before he ran for Senate. He’s a political animal, and I’m not happy he was picked.
Well you could always vote for the other side? (I'm joking of course) However give him a chance. Trump was once a Democrat too 'ya know? J.D. is a solid Conservative and you're going to love this pick. He's brilliant (intellectually) solid on the issues, and as I said, keeps the MAGA movement moving forward for a new generation of voters.

Outstanding pick. He'll eat "Heels" Harris' lunch in the VEEP debates.

He did the right thing picking JD. He's going to be a fabulous partner.
Just happy to get a Hillbilly in the White House! Or at least, close by.....

Confused The Beverly Hillbillies GIF

• Haha
Reactions: atlkvb
Well you could always vote for the other side? (I'm joking of course) However give him a chance. Trump was once a Democrat too 'ya know? J.D. is a solid Conservative and you're going to love this pick. He's brilliant (intellectually) solid on the issues, and as I said, keeps the MAGA movement moving forward for a new generation of voters.

Outstanding pick. He'll eat "Heels" Harris' lunch in the VEEP debates.
You’re talking to me like I don’t know who he is. I’ve know about JD Vance since he was on Oprah with Hillbilly elegy and I’ve followed his whole career since.

I’m sure he’ll give Heels Up Harris a spanking in the VP debate. Hopefully he connects to the rust belt vote, that’s all that matters. But to be clear, Vance is almost the kind of person the holler people hate. Someone who escaped and made something of themselves. Boy forgot where comes from gettin all fancy with Big Tech and Yale Law degree.

And him being picked doesn’t change that he has flip flopped on a lot of issues and gone where the political winds allow him to be taken. I’m just not impressed with him. He’s a politician, and I didn’t really want that.

I wanted someone pissed off at the other side and willing to burn it all down. Vance isn’t that.

You’re talking to me like I don’t know who he is. I’ve know about JD Vance since he was on Oprah with Hillbilly elegy and I’ve followed his whole career since.

I’m sure he’ll give Heels Up Harris a spanking in the VP debate. Hopefully he connects to the rust belt vote, that’s all that matters. But to be clear, Vance is almost the kind of person the holler people hate. Someone who escaped and made something of themselves. Boy forgot where comes from gettin all fancy with Big Tech and Yale Law degree.

And him being picked doesn’t change that he has flip flopped on a lot of issues and gone where the political winds allow him to be taken. I’m just not impressed with him. He’s a politician, and I didn’t really want that.

I wanted someone pissed off at the other side and willing to burn it all down. Vance isn’t that.
Well I just respectfully think you're wrong about him. He's EXACTLY the type of insurgent you want to see. On trade, foreign policy, immigration...he's what we need! I hope you change your mind about him, but whatever you think of him now, I know you'll be voting for this ticket.

The Democrats are burning it all down and not in a good way. Would be better off to do some serious house cleaning and keep the Constitutional Republic.

Last edited:

From my limited knowledge about his career and reading his book, seems like he has really evolved over time into much more of an originalist. A lot of us have. Of all the candidates, he is the best one to take over in '28 or, God forbid, they are successful in taking out Trump the second time around.

You just said last night it was time to cool the rhetoric and division. Protect Democracy??? Obviously you weren't telling the truth.

Just reposting this for you from earlier ITT, given what you've said here about JD.
Out of any of the serious VP contenders, Vance has embraced the “burn it down” ethos of the populist new right. His long-standing opposition to vaccine and mask mandates and unstinting criticism of Covid restrictions would resonate with the RFK-curious. His lack of political experience — Vance is less than two years into his first Senate term — wouldn’t be a significant issue since their beliefs are marked by deep distrust of institutions and the political establishment.

*editor's note:
For the above reason I believe it will be Vance. Trump at his core is anti-establishment, it defines his campaign. Selecting Vance would send a signal to the rest of the GOP swamp dwellers that they will NOT be tolerated in a second Trump administration.
Why Trump will pick J.D. Vance
link

Trump’s selection of Sen. J.D. Vance as his running mate is a significant victory for Arizona-based Turning Point Action, the political arm of conservative youth group Turning Point USA.

Just reposting this for you from earlier ITT, given what you've said here about JD.

Why Trump will pick J.D. Vance
link
That’s my point. He panders to the audience. I’m not real sure he has the follow through. Like Lindsay Graham type. Talks a big game on Fox, but likes to dress up in ladies under garments at home.

• Haha
That’s my point. He panders to the audience. I’m not real sure he has the follow through. Like Lindsay Graham type. Talks a big game on Fox, but likes to dress up in ladies under garments at home.
Careful there with that "rhetoric". Creepy Joe may sick his FBI goons on 'ya for violating his EO! :rolleyes:

I like this pick because he doesn't overshadow Trump but will actually highlight his MAGA agenda and what it will look like after Trump leaves the scene. JD has a chance to "shadow" Trump, and work the levers of Congressional power to help get legislation passed. While he's learning what buttons to push, he'll be a strong advocate for American military credibility overseas, and he'll speak with authority on trade, and the border. (Listen to him in interviews)

He's also from another generation (the next wave) and can speak to the new young converts coming into the GOP because of the MAGA movement. So many reasons to like this pick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT