ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Practice observations 8-9

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
—It was hot today as we were able to watch practice for 30-minutes. Nothing major today just basic drill work and special teams.

—I wasn’t concerned here but James Gmiter was back out there today after not being out there Saturday. Believed it was just a natural absence and it was.

—Watched the wide receivers quite a bit today and I didn’t see any dropped passes. Now, much of the work was basic drills but still encouraging that they held onto the ball.

—Wyatt Milum is as impressive physically as any true freshman offensive tackle I’ve seen in my time on the beat. He looks the part of a big time tackle and he’s not even really started to develop at this level. Has a great frame to add to it.

—No, still no Jaylen Anderson. The expectation is that he will be here but he wasn’t practicing today. Also have yet to see Tyrin Woodby although I didn’t expect him to arrive until later in camp if he does.

—Didn’t notice anybody new wearing red. That’s a good sign even early in camp.

—No 11-on-11 work today during the open portion. We did see some special teams though and there was some work on some fake field goals. Thought that was an interesting wrinkle.

—The bandit room is night and day compared to where it was a few years ago. They have some real bodies that were recruited for that position and have the versatile skill set to handle it. Vandarius Cowan, Jared Bartlett, Eddie Watkins all look the part instead of sticking an inside backer there and trying to adjust.

—We’ll have player interviews soon and will have content coming from that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News