ADVERTISEMENT

Post Gazette - Ron Cook: Huggins Has WV in Great Place

"Pitt can wait. Huggins and the Mountaineers have more important games to play." LMAO

An article like this one from a Pittsburgh writer isn't going to sit well with the Pitt crowd. Frankly, I don't really care if we ever play Pitt again in any sport. Their football program has become 2nd rate and their fans don't even seem to care. Pitt's basketball program isn't likely to be a top program in the ACC. And a few more years like this one and the Petersen Events Center will be as empty as Heinz Field.

Pitt sucks.

Pitt can wait. Huggins and the Mountaineers have more important games to play." LMAO An article like this one from a Pittsburgh writer isn going to sit well with the Pitt crowd. Frankly, I don't really care if we ever play Pitt again in any sport. Their football program has become 2nd rate and their fans don't even seem to care. Pitts basketball program isn't likely to be a top program in the ACC. And a few more years like this one and the Petersen Events Center will be as empty as Heinz Field. Pitt sucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I disagree wbgvwbgv, I think there are many reasons Huggins wants to resume the rivalry. If it were not good for the University, the students, the alumni, and everyone involved, he certainly would not be in favor of renewing the series on a yearly basis.

,,,,,,, ps I wouldn't worry about the the Petersen Events Center being empty for a Pitt / WVU game, particularly with the number of WVU alumni and supporters living in the area.

This post was edited on 3/8 11:18 AM by 79eer

Originally posted by wbgvwbgv:
"Pitt can wait. Huggins and the Mountaineers have more important games to play." LMAO

An article like this one from a Pittsburgh writer isn't going to sit well with the Pitt crowd. Frankly, I don't really care if we ever play Pitt again in any sport. Their football program has become 2nd rate and their fans don't even seem to care. Pitt's basketball program isn't likely to be a top program in the ACC. And a few more years like this one and the Petersen Events Center will be as empty as Heinz Field.

Pitt sucks.
Pitt fans have seldom had much use for Post Gazette.....and years ago, the Press.....byline writers like Cook (and Bob Smizik) who generally viewed their columns as a means to create controversy.

I agree completely with COOL MAN ,,,,,,, with Pitt struggling, no one is picking up a newspaper to read about or get excited about what's next up, hence a little controversy not only sells newspapers but is good for the local talk radio.

I like Travis Ford. Most of these Big 12 coaches make me cringe, but he seemed like a class act before, during, and after our games.

Originally posted by 79eer:
Pitt can wait. Huggins and the Mountaineers have more important games to play." LMAO An article like this one from a Pittsburgh writer isn going to sit well with the Pitt crowd. Frankly, I don't really care if we ever play Pitt again in any sport. Their football program has become 2nd rate and their fans don't even seem to care. Pitts basketball program isn't likely to be a top program in the ACC. And a few more years like this one and the Petersen Events Center will be as empty as Heinz Field. Pitt sucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I disagree wbgvwbgv, I think there are many reasons Huggins wants to resume the rivalry. If it were not good for the University, the students, the alumni, and everyone involved, he certainly would not be in favor of renewing the series on a yearly basis. ,,,,,,, ps I wouldn't worry about the the Petersen Events Center being empty for a Pitt / WVU game, particularly with the number of WVU alumni and supporters living in the area.

This post was edited on 3/8 11:18 AM by 79eer
Agree, getting Pitt back on the schedule is good for us, and good for them regardless of what their self righteous fanbase thinks. A nationally recognized rivalry is always advantageous to both programs, what isn't advantageous is big brother/little brother mid major matchups like WVU / Marshall or PSU / Temple or Ohio State / Cincy, etc.

If Pitt wont come to the table then offer to play the game in Consol for a guaranteed national TV game and a big gate to split, would be awesome to outnumber them in a sold out pro arena in their own city.

Why in the world would you give them the satisfaction of hosting the game every year? It alternates or nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT