ADVERTISEMENT

Pitts to Penn State

Would have been great to have landed Pitts, but its one guy. We will be just fine with or without him. Good luck to you and if things don't work out you can always transfer back. Im sure you will always be welcome.

You can argue individually, "it's just one guy" or hey, the kid just wanted to go out of state. And, I understand wvu can't force kids to go to wvu. BUT, when 5 of 6 power5 recruits from West Virginia all leave the state, to me that's concerning. Especially someone as good as Pitts. Based on the ratings and offers this state hasn't produced a kid that level in > 10 yrs.
Really bummed Pitts didn't choose wvu
I hope holgs succeeds this year so he can get extended. Best scenario for our school. Continuity. Go Mounties.

Would have been great to have landed Pitts, but its one guy. We will be just fine with or without him. Good luck to you and if things don't work out you can always transfer back. Im sure you will always be welcome.

You can argue individually, "it's just one guy" or hey, the kid just wanted to go out of state. And, I understand wvu can't force kids to go to wvu. BUT, when 5 of 6 power5 recruits from West Virginia all leave the state, to me that's concerning. Especially someone as good as Pitts. Based on the ratings and offers this state hasn't produced a kid that level in > 10 yrs.
I hope holgs succeeds this year so he can get extended. Best scenario for our school. Continuity. Go Mounties.

WVU is an average football program with an average coach. Coach Holgs should have never been hired. As long as he stays, expect more of the same. Don't remember a worse recruiting performance than going 0-5 on in state power 5 prospects. Tough to recover from this piss poor start to recruiting. Time for change has long past.

Reactions: Herd Fever
With so many good offers - why would a WV kid select a school tied to the biggest scandal in college sports history?

Reactions: Steeltheone
With so many good offers - why would a WV kid select a school tied to the biggest scandal in college sports history?

Because PSU has is a "BlueBlood" Rich football tradition with excellent academics and the largest alumni in the nation!

Sept 10 is coming prepare to be embarrassed!

Dumba$$

Reactions: biacto
Are some still unable to accept that the Lyons fiasco with both Dana and the assistants has trickled down and is affecting recruiting? The kids sense that Lyons wants Dana (and staff) gone. They are not willing to gamble on such an uncertain future. Poor decision making at the top of the Department is steering our recruiting into a death spiral. Thatks Mr. Lyons. (Why did we not look for and hire someone with experience being a decision maker?)

Because PSU has is a "BlueBlood" Rich football tradition with excellent academics and the largest alumni in the nation!

Dumba$$
WV has been a far more dominant football program in the 21st Century. The last time PS was an excellent football program was when Joe Paterno was enabling Jerry Sandusky to use Second Mile as a breeding ground for raping kids.

PS is and will always be an embarrassment for putting football ahead of the welfare of children.

Reactions: Steeltheone
Only five post to the first "Fire Dana" post and practice hasn't started. This going to be a fun season.

WV has been a far more dominant football program in the 21st Century. The last time PS was an excellent football program was when Joe Paterno was enabling Jerry Sandusky to use Second Mile as a breeding ground for raping kids.

PS is and will always be an embarrassment for putting football ahead of the welfare of children.

Far more dominant? Really? In the 21st Century, WVU has averaged 8.2 wins per season and Penn State has averaged 7.6. If you take out the first four years of the century, WVU is 96-45 while Penn State is 96-44. If you look at the last five years, Penn State has won more games and has a better record. I'm not sure how that equates to WVU being far more dominant. Penn State has also had their last few recruiting classes ranked in the top 25...WVU, not so much. At least have some facts to back up what you're arguing and not just hatred.

Dumba$$

Typical Penn State fan attitude.

Reactions: Piranha

Ha every time you open your hole you show your ignorance! The FB program was soooo responsible for JS that the ncaa, for the first time in history, backed off the original sanctions!!

Again you're a Dunba$$ and no nothing about the case!

Sept 10 punk!

Ha every time you open your hole you show your ignorance! The FB program was soooo responsible for JS that the ncaa, for the first time in history, backed off the original sanctions!!

Sept 10 punk!

Is sept 10 a special pedophile day or something? No matter what you have done or do, your legacy revolves around raping children and allowing it to go on because you wanted to win football games. It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of assholes. Just a bunch of sick bitches up there.

Far more dominant? Really? In the 21st Century, WVU has averaged 8.2 wins per season and Penn State has averaged 7.6. If you take out the first four years of the century, WVU is 96-45 while Penn State is 96-44. If you look at the last five years, Penn State has won more games and has a better record. I'm not sure how that equates to WVU being far more dominant. Penn State has also had their last few recruiting classes ranked in the top 25...WVU, not so much. At least have some facts to back up what you're arguing and not just hatred.
How many BCS wins does Ped St have? Between 2005-2011 WV had 3 11-win seasons, a 10 win season, and 2 nine win seasons.

Reactions: sherepower

Sept 10 punk!
WV would have owned the series against PS in the 21st century if they played every year. PS is without a doubt the gold standard for how to create a culture of disgusting people like yourself who place football ahead of children. You are the Blue Blood of Cults.

How many BCS wins does Ped St have? Between 2005-2011 WV had 3 11-win seasons, a 10 win season, and 2 nine win seasons.

Penn State also had three 11 win seasons in that time frame and three 9 win seasons and a BCS win. WVU's three 11 win seasons came immediately after Miami, Va Tech and BC left the Big East. I would imagine if Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin had all left the Big 10, Penn State would have racked up a few more 11 win seasons. Bottom line, the two programs are pretty even with each other in the 21st century. To say that WVU is far more dominant is ridiculous.

WV would have owned the series against PS in the 21st century if they played every year. PS is without a doubt the gold standard for how to create a culture of disgusting people like yourself who place football ahead of children. You are the Blue Blood of Cults.

You have no way of knowing that you would have owned the series against Penn State other than your opinion, so it's a pretty useless argument. The rest of your post is just hatred-filled babble.

I could care less about records. What truly matters is Pedophile State allowed a rapist to remain on campus for many years and covered for him. I only wish that jackass Paterno was still alive so he could be charged with abetting. Paterno is a huge piece of shit in my eyes.

You have no way of knowing that you would have owned the series against Penn State other than your opinion, so it's a pretty useless argument. The rest of your post is just hatred-filled babble.

It's a fact Pedophile State foster a culture of child molestation. There is no debate or babble.

You have to give Penn State credit for tradition. Same uniforms forever and they still Corn Hole the old fashioned way.

I could care less about records. What truly matters is Pedophile State allowed a rapist to remain on campus for many years and covered for him. I only wish that jackass Paterno was still alive so he could be charged with abetting. Paterno is a huge piece of shit in my eyes.

Ok, how about in the four years since Paterno hasn't been there...PSU 29-21, WVU 26-25. So PSU has a better record even without Paterno.

Penn State also had three 11 win seasons in that time frame and three 9 win seasons and a BCS win. WVU's three 11 win seasons came immediately after Miami, Va Tech and BC left the Big East. I would imagine if Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin had all left the Big 10, Penn State would have racked up a few more 11 win seasons. Bottom line, the two programs are pretty even with each other in the 21st century. To say that WVU is far more dominant is ridiculous.

Did losing Miami, Tech and BC help us beat Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson in our 3 BCS wins? Did we somehow get to borrow players from Miami before those games happened as our legal settlement with the ACC?

Just stop sounding dumb. And petty.

I will offer no argument that WVU is in no better shape than PSU right now, but over the past decade? Please

BTW...I hate Pitt, but they will likely beat PSU.

I wonder if Rip Engel can be heard spinning in his grave at night knowing what Joe and Jerry did to his legacy?

Sept 10 punk!

The Penn State Mantra. Sick Paterno worshipers..

Did losing Miami, Tech and BC help us beat Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson in our 3 BCS wins? Did we somehow get to borrow players from Miami before those games happened as our legal settlement with the ACC?

Just stop sounding dumb. And petty.

I will offer no argument that WVU is in no better shape than PSU right now, but over the past decade? Please

BTW...I hate Pitt, but they will likely beat PSU.

No, but it certainly helped WVU get to 11 regular season wins and get into the BCS bowl into the first place. And over the past decade WVU is 96-45 and PSU is 96-44...so please.

And Pitt was supposed to beat Navy too

You know, those roads around State Pen get torn up in the winter. That statue would be perfect for melting down into sewer grates. They could stamp Joe and Jerry's mugs on 'em if they want to honor the Enabler and NAMBLA Man.

Pitt never beats anyone their supposed to. Fluke upsets and losses to MAC schools are their forte'.

Since you're a PA guy maybe you can answer this, why does Pitt still dodge Temple? they'll travel to Ohio U. and take a whuppin', but damned if they'll play Temple. I think their scared of Indiana, PA, too, but that's just a guess.

Pitt - Aliquippa might be a good game for a couple of quarters, but I think the Quips would wear them down in from the late 3rd quarter on.

Reactions: Numero10
Is sept 10 a special pedophile day or something? No matter what you have done or do, your legacy revolves around raping children and allowing it to go on because you wanted to win football games. It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of assholes. Just a bunch of sick bitches up there.

No. PSU would have won either way. The supposed victims were Pitt fans and they probably liked it.

WVU coach Tom Bradley knew and did nothing. If SAndusky gets out of jail maybe you can hire him to replace Bradley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT