ADVERTISEMENT

Pictures of the football facilities construction progress

Sarasotaeer

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
Here's a visual update for those of you who are interested. Have at it. You're welcome to share whatever you want.

------------

This is where the player entrance will be. Decorative masonry columns, an ornate gate and, I believe, a custom stamped concrete walkway will be installed here.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20027.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20004.jpg

Decorative fencing by the entrance.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20006.jpg

Shade structures being installed in the northwest corner of the complex. I don't think these are for the players so much, but visitors, recruits and their families to stay out of the sun and weather if they'd like while observing practice. JMT. There will be more of these diagonally across the field at the other end by the sand pit they're constructing.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20008.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20005.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20022.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20023.jpg

This will be the area where the new sand pit will go for training, some black vinyl fencing around that, as well as some additional shade pavilions. The access road leading up to that, too, on the east side of the complex. Not sure what's going to happen with that, but I know a 125 ft x 4 ft retaining wall is going over there somewhere in the vicinity.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20009.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20011.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20010.jpg

Plenty of room along the sidelines for runoff. The west side is super roomy and I assume that sideline will get the heavy use as far as players, staff and equipment being on the sidelines during scrimmages and such.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20007.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20017.jpg

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20019.jpg

The southwest corner of the complex.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20014.jpg

Looking west toward the endzone on the partial field at the south end of the complex.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20013.jpg

Looking north across the entire complex from the south end. It looks and feels much more spacious than before. For reference, the player's entrance is approximately 185+ yds from here back there in the distance to the left of the field goal nets.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20016.jpg

This is the north end of the complex to the east of the player's entrance. The new 3,900+ sq ft storage and maintenance building will be going on the other side of that temporary construction fence with a small hardscape plaza in between the field and the structure. There will be access to restrooms and there will be a couple small bay doors at field level that will give them access to the complex for utility vehicles, field maintenance equipment and such if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly. Also, I believe that old video viewing tower will be coming down and replaced with a newer and much nicer/safer one(see this other thread from earlier this weekend: https://westvirginia.forums.rivals....ractice-field-phase-2-upgrade-drawings.66953/ ).

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20024.jpg

The plot for the new building from the from the other side of the fence. There will be a separate maintenance and storage area with larger bay doors and a receiving dock on the side opposite the field(north side), which will sit at a lower elevation even with the parking lot.

WVU%20Football%20Construction%20Pics%20025.jpg

(Continued in next post)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News