ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Picked eighth, WVU must now try to defy expectations in year one under Brown

We,ve got the B 12 exactly where we want them. The Mountaineers seem to surprise a lot of people when they go into the season as an underdog. Reality sees us winning 3-5 games but I think 5 - 7 games are within reach with this group of players and coaches. And, it wouldn't surprise me to get to a bowl and end up with as many as eight wins. I also like the direction the recruiting is going and the culture Neil Brown is creating. Some will call me a homer or whatever but, imho, our AD hit a home run with this hire. I can't wait till the season starts. Let's go Mountaineers.

We,ve got the B 12 exactly where we want them. The Mountaineers seem to surprise a lot of people when they go into the season as an underdog. Reality sees us winning 3-5 games but I think 5 - 7 games are within reach with this group of players and coaches. And, it wouldn't surprise me to get to a bowl and end up with as many as eight wins. I also like the direction the recruiting is going and the culture Neil Brown is creating. Some will call me a homer or whatever but, imho, our AD hit a home run with this hire. I can't wait till the season starts. Let's go Mountaineers.

I think they have us pegged about right. We could defy expectations, but with a new coach, new system, and attrition of starters I think more 6-6 is about where our expectations should be. More likely less than more. That's not a dig on Brown, it's just the way it goes with a new coach and new culture within the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT