ADVERTISEMENT

Pick’m Week 5

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
Okay the “ain’t the World Champs” ain’t playing this week, but this week has some good games..... on paper. Then again to quote a guy I used to watch 20 years ago on NFL Primetime “that is why they play the games”

Tiebreaker is total points scored in K State @ TCU

Friday Oct 9
7 pm
The Vile @ GA Tech—-ESPN

Saturday Oct 10

12 pm
Texas vs Oklahoma (@ the COTTON BOWL)——FOX
VPI @ UNC——abc
USC (the gamecocks) @ Vandy ——SECN
Florida @ A&M—-espn

3:30
Texas Tech @ the Great Matt Campbell’s ——abc
Tennessee @ UGA——cbs

4:00
Arkansas @ Auburn——SECN
North Korea @ BC ——-ACCN
K State @ TCU ——-FOX

6:00
Bama @ Ole Miss——ESPN

7:30
The U @ Clemson——-abc
Miss State @ UK——-SECN

My picks

Friday Oct 9
7 pm
GA Tech—-ESPN

Saturday Oct 10
12 pm
Oklahoma (@ the COTTON BOWL)——FOX
VPI——abc
USC (the gamecocks) ——SECN
Gators——-espn

the Great Matt Campbell’s ——abc (close though and an upset from TX Tech wouldn’t surprise me)
UGA——espn

Auburn——SECN
BC ——-ACCN
TCU ——-FOX (52)

Bama——ESPN

The U——-abc
UK——-SECN

Long live Ball!

Louisville
Texas (both teams stink so I flipped a coin)
UNC
USC (the gamecocks)
Florida
Iowa State - (Matt Campbell ain't all that)
UGA
Auburn
Pitt
TCU - 63 total points
Alabama
Clemson
UK (going to take gamble here)

Louisville over Georgia Tech
Oklahoma over Texas
North Carolina over Virginia Tech
South Carolina over Vanderbilt
Florida over Texas A&M
Iowa State over Texas Tech
Georgia over Tennessee
Auburn over Arkansas
Pittsburgh over Boston College
Texas Christian over Kansas State (51 points)
Alabama over Mississippi
Clemson over Miami, Florida
Kentucky over Mississippi State

Looville- I'd really like a half decent Thurs or Fri night game sometime soon...this ain't it. Ah the ACC, sigh...
Sooners
Heels- Not taking the Turkeys if I can help it...although it is turkey wknd here.
Vandy- will regret
Gators
Cyclones - in a close one
Georgia
Auburn
Boston College - F sPitt
KSU- 54... another close one
Bama- BIG
Clemson
Kentucky

Louisville over Georgia Tech
Texas over Oklahoma
North Carolina over Virginia Tech
South Carolina over Vanderbilt
Florida over Texas A&M
Iowa State over Texas Tech
Georgia over Tennessee
Auburn over Arkansas
Pittsburgh over Boston College
Texas Christian over Kansas State (44 points)
Alabama over Mississippi
Clemson over Miami, Florida
Miss State over Kentucky

Louisville
Oklahoma
UNC
South Carolina
Florida
Iowa State
Georgia
Auburn
Boston College
Kansas State (38)
Alabama
Clemson
Mississippi State

Louisville
Oklahoma
UNC
USC
Florida
ISU
UGA
Auburn
BC
TCU 48 pts
Bama
Clemson
Miss State

I thought Vandy vs SC was a coin toss. Musschamp and Offense are 2 words that don’t go together. They didn’t at Florida and don’t at SC.

Vandy sucks but SC ain’t a juggernaut except at losing.

Reactions: torontoeers
Okay the “ain’t the World Champs” ain’t playing this week, but this week has some good games..... on paper. Then again to quote a guy I used to watch 20 years ago on NFL Primetime “that is why they play the games”

WINNERS

Friday Oct 9
7 pm
GA Tech. Beats The Vile (largely due to 3 Turnovers that GA Tech turned into 19 pts. The Vile has a lot of TOs this year) ——-ESPN

Saturday Oct 10

12 pm
Texas vs Oklahoma (@ the COTTON BOWL)——FOX
VPI @ UNC——abc
USC (the gamecocks) @ Vandy ——SECN
Florida @ A&M—-espn

Texas Tech @ the Great Matt Campbell’s ——abc
Tennessee @ UGA——cbs

Arkansas @ Auburn——SECN
North Korea @ BC ——-ACCN
K State @ TCU ——-FOX

Bama @ Ole Miss——ESPN

The U @ Clemson——-abc
Miss State @ UK——-SECN

Loserville sucks. I thought Buck, Vault and TVZ said they were the soon to be champs because of their new coach. (1-3...)

Reactions: torontoeers
@WVex-pat in GA
I looked at 2 teams that were 1-2. The Vile has had 3 TOS in about every game with their lone win vs W KY where they had I think 3 TOS. GA Tech has played decent at times and they’re at home. Add in my personal bias I have towards the Vile and I took GA Tech.

WINNERS

Friday Oct 9
7 pm
GA Tech. Beats The Vile (largely due to 3 Turnovers that GA Tech turned into 19 pts. The Vile has a lot of TOs this year) ——-ESPN

Saturday Oct 10

12 pm
Oklahoma (@ the COTTON BOWL)——FOX——Lincoln Riley ain’t the best coach in the Big XII or even the State of Oklahoma. He has no idea about how to win with the clock. Up 14 pts with 5 mins to go and he passes on 3rd down when a 40 second runoff would have all but sealed it on their final drive???? It’s like Leach and Holgorsen taught him clock management. Insane!!!!
UNC——abc——Hokies had 15 players out including the secondary due to COV19. Probably a difference maker.
A&M—-espn—-hats off Jimbo you beat a better team with your better play calling.

the Great Matt Campbell’s ——abc—-called this one early
UGA——cbs——UGA don’t blow a 16 pt 4th qtr lead

Auburn——SECN——-refs blew a call by blowing the whistle early or Arkansas pulls the upset. Arkansas is a lot better than people thought.
BC ——-ACCN——-oh I love when that $#!+ loses. BC still sux and so does Massachusetts but in this case it the revenge of Buckner.
K State——-FOX

Bama @ Ole Miss——ESPN

The U @ Clemson——-abc
Miss State @ UK——-SECN

Last edited:

WINNERS

Friday Oct 9
7 pm

Saturday Oct 10

12 pm
Oklahoma (@ the COTTON BOWL)——FOX——Lincoln Riley ain’t the best coach in the Big XII or even the State of Oklahoma. He has no idea about how to win with the clock. Up 14 pts with 5 mins to go and he passes on 3rd down when a 40 second runoff would have all but sealed it on their final drive???? It’s like Leach and Holgorsen taught him clock management. Insane!!!!
UNC——abc——Hokies had 15 players out including the secondary due to COV19. Probably a difference maker.
A&M—-espn—-hats off Jimbo you beat a better team with your better play calling.

the Great Matt Campbell’s ——abc—-called this one early
UGA——cbs——UGA don’t blow a 16 pt 4th qtr lead

Auburn——SECN——-refs blew a call by blowing the whistle early or Arkansas pulls the upset. Arkansas is a lot better than people thought.
BC ——-ACCN——-oh I love when that $#!+ loses. BC still sux and so does Massachusetts but in this case it the revenge of Buckner.
K State (21+14=35)——-FOX

Bama——ESPN——calling it with 3:16 left. As pathetic as Bama’s D has been tonight, they’re not blowing an 11 pt lead. Only Lincoln Riley and Oklahoma could do that and they’ve almost done it 3 weeks in a row.

Clemson——-abc———calling it early The U ain’t back—-need Nevin Shapiro
UK——-SECN———calling itself early cause Miss State is insane with play calling and can’t beat a zone

Long live ball!!!!

@WVex-pat in GA your turn

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, waiting for visitors from the weekend to depart. Once again we had many ties across the board; 6 players with 9 correct out of 13 picks. The tie-breaker winner with 48 points in the KSU/TCU game (35 actual) was @FallingRun84 . Congrats!

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK 5 CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU
9​
37 64%
TORONTO
9​
28 48%
FALLRUN
9​
36 62%
SKYHAWKBALL
9​
38 66%
ALLEN
8​
36 62%
MICHHERD
9​
40 69%
CHRISWV
8​
34 59%
EXPAT
9​
36 62%

Recheck that. I had 38 total points in the TCU/KSU game

Sorry for the delay, waiting for visitors from the weekend to depart. Once again we had many ties across the board; 6 players with 9 correct out of 13 picks. The tie-breaker winner with 48 points in the KSU/TCU game (35 actual) was @FallingRun84 . Congrats!

PLAYER NAME CORRECT WEEK 5 CORRECTYTD YTD/WIN %
3XWVU
9​
37 64%
TORONTO
9​
28 48%
FALLRUN
9​
36 62%
SKYHAWKBALL
9​
38 66%
ALLEN
8​
36 62%
MICHHERD
9​
40 69%
CHRISWV
8​
34 59%
EXPAT
9​
36 62%

Whoops! I fat-fingered that on my spreadsheet and had it as 58, but you are right, your original post had 38 pts. So Skyhawkball wins the tiebreaker and the week. Is that like 3 in a row?

I think I’ve got a few of the tiebreakers, but I just wish I would actually bet on the picks with real money! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT