ADVERTISEMENT

Personally I am looking forward to the WVU vs. Miami Bowl Game

NCNEER

All-American
May 29, 2001
Apex, NC
Miami is not what they were a couple decades back and likely never will be. But they still are a team you want to beat on TV when you can. I like the match up and despite records feel that this is an even match up. The truth is, Miami was close to having a season record similar to ours and in the first half of the season the Mountaineers won a couple of close ones that could have altered our record. Great venue for the players and fans to find something they enjoy and watch a great bowl game. It's rated one of the Top 10 bowls on tap and should be a good one. If I can find a decent airfare I am going. I am guessing practice will be underway later this week.

Miami is not what they were a couple decades back and likely never will be. But they still are a team you want to beat on TV when you can. I like the match up and despite records feel that this is an even match up. The truth is, Miami was close to having a season record similar to ours and in the first half of the season the Mountaineers won a couple of close ones that could have altered our record. Great venue for the players and fans to find something they enjoy and watch a great bowl game. It's rated one of the Top 10 bowls on tap and should be a good one. If I can find a decent airfare I am going. I am guessing practice will be underway later this week.

Nice post and assessment.

This bowl berth is an insult to say the least. Every Wvu team that has won 10+ games in modern history received a better bowl game than this. Wvu teams that won 9 games got better than this. The fact is the Champs / Russel athletic / whatever it will be called until it eventually folds is nothing more than a 2nd rate, best of the rest game. On top of that we get pitted against a has been broke dick Miami program that hasn't been relevant on the national stage since they were a regular on our schedule. If wvu were to lose this game it would be one of the most embarrassing bowl losses in modern wvu football history.

This bowl berth is an insult to say the least. Every Wvu team that has won 10+ games in modern history received a better bowl game than this. Wvu teams that won 9 games got better than this. The fact is the Champs / Russel athletic / whatever it will be called until it eventually folds is nothing more than a 2nd rate, best of the rest game. On top of that we get pitted against a has been broke dick Miami program that hasn't been relevant on the national stage since they were a regular on our schedule. If wvu were to lose this game it would be one of the most embarrassing bowl losses in modern wvu football history.
Good...so you won't be watching. One less asshat to comment on it.

Reactions: AirForceer
Are you trying to win douchebag of the year?

Just win. It kills me how everyone thinks playing Miami is beneath us. Yet they are favored. Same as NCS and Syracuse.
Just win. 11 wins will fix it all.

Miami and their crappy fan base are beneath us...but we still need to play hard, take this seriously and win.

This could make a small difference in rankings next season

I don't agree with Spookycat that losing to Miami would be an especially embarrassing bowl loss, but like it or not the reality is his other assertions were all factually true.

OK..................if you want to turn this bowl game selection into an insult...............just go out and lose to Miami. This bowl game is not an insult and WV will have to be at their best to win. Now..................Let's Bring On The Mountaineers! I will be watching the game on the box and enjoying my Chinese take-out. As usual. Warez

:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Fluffer Holgorsen's disciples have a hard time handling the truth when presented to them but have no problem spinning their web of lies. The fluffer's can't handle the fact that the Russel athletic bowl is the worst bowl achieved by a wvu team with 10 or more wins in the modern era. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that Holgorsen didn't beat anyone of significance in 2016. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that the big 12 is an overrated conference. The disciples lied to us when they stated that Dana's stock would be so high and he would get so many job offers. We know now that this was a lie. The disciples told us that Dana would restore the stature of the wvu program to the level That RR had achieved. We know now that this is a lie. Big time programs like Lsu, Texas and Oregon want to compete for championships and not second rate bowl games that's the reason they passed on this guy because its pretty clear that after 6 years this guy isn't gonna get it done and that is the truth.

Fluffer Holgorsen's disciples have a hard time handling the truth when presented to them but have no problem spinning their web of lies. The fluffer's can't handle the fact that the Russel athletic bowl is the worst bowl achieved by a wvu team with 10 or more wins in the modern era. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that Holgorsen didn't beat anyone of significance in 2016. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that the big 12 is an overrated conference. The disciples lied to us when they stated that Dana's stock would be so high and he would get so many job offers. We know now that this was a lie. The disciples told us that Dana would restore the stature of the wvu program to the level That RR had achieved. We know now that this is a lie. Big time programs like Lsu, Texas and Oregon want to compete for championships and not second rate bowl games that's the reason they passed on this guy because its pretty clear that after 6 years this guy isn't gonna get it done and that is the truth.
:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Unfortunately your argument doesn't hold water as every other time the team won more than 10 games they were; a.) in the Big East or Independent with a completely different set of criteria for the bowl tie-ins or selection, and b.) had won the conference or were the higher ranked co-champion.

The exception was 2006 when 10-1 got us the Gator Bowl, not necessarily the best of bowls but back then was considered a top tier bowl game. So even though the team won 10 games this year, in the BigXii that's good enough for third place in conference and the appropriately matching bowl game.

Unfortunately your argument doesn't hold water as every other time the team won more than 10 games they were; a.) in the Big East or Independent with a completely different set of criteria for the bowl tie-ins or selection, and b.) had won the conference or were the higher ranked co-champion.

The exception was 2006 when 10-1 got us the Gator Bowl, not necessarily the best of bowls but back then was considered a top tier bowl game. So even though the team won 10 games this year, in the BigXii that's good enough for third place in conference and the appropriately matching bowl game.
[thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]:eek:kay::eek:kay::eek:kay::eek:kay::eek:kay::eek:kay:

It's obvious you are not a Mountaineer fan. You don't bring facts only your opinion. Do you think the reason teams passed on Dana was maybe he told them he was happy where he is at.

Spookycat2002 said

Fluffer Holgorsen's disciples have a hard time handling the truth when presented to them but have no problem spinning their web of lies. The fluffer's can't handle the fact that the Russel athletic bowl is the worst bowl achieved by a wvu team with 10 or more wins in the modern era. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that Holgorsen didn't beat anyone of significance in 2016. The Fluffer's can't handle the fact that the big 12 is an overrated conference. The disciples lied to us when they stated that Dana's stock would be so high and he would get so many job offers. We know now that this was a lie. The disciples told us that Dana would restore the stature of the wvu program to the level That RR had achieved. We know now that this is a lie. Big time programs like Lsu said:
Texas and Oregon [/B]want to compete for championships and not second rate bowl games that's the reason they passed on this guy because its pretty clear that after 6 years this guy isn't gonna get it done and that is the

It's obvious you are not a Mountaineer fan. You don't bring facts only your opinion. Do you think the reason teams passed on Dana was maybe he told them he was happy where he is at.

Funny, his two examples of big time programs are Texas and Oregon. Yep, they are really kicking some A$$ lately. Proves he has mind like a steel trap.........rusted shut !

Not sure how its an insult, its on par with what most 3rd place teams receive. If we dont like it we have no one to blame but ourselves for getting outscored 93-48 by the only two ranked teams we played all season

Yes, I think it is a great match up, a lot of the youngers guys don't remember the games between the 2 in the Big East,

We own Mark Richt! He may want to go back to the Sugar Bowl tape to see where he f'ed-up last time. [laughing]

You know, I didn't even think about that, but your are correct. I think we really take him to the woodshed this time. I remember the look on their fans faces when we beat them in their own back yard. They were shell shocked by the end of the first QTR. Hopefully, we won't need a fake punt to prevent a lose?

Would not be surprised to see them come out and whoop our ass. Team better be fired up and ready

You are right! Miami will not underestimate WVU; we should not under estimate them. Someone mentioned earlier that many on here are to young to remember all the beat downs the U put on us. Now it's time to go get some revenge. I'm stocked for this game. Going with my son in law who is a Hurricane fan. It will be his first time at a game and I'm taking him so he learns to deal with disappointment in life. I'll give him credit, his 2nd favorite team is WVU.

Spookycat2002 said

Funny, his two examples of big time programs are Texas and Oregon. Yep, they are really kicking some A$$ lately. Proves he has mind like a steel trap.........rusted shut !
Well Oregon was in the Alamo bowl last year which is higher up the food chain than the Russell athletic so by your logic if Oregon isn't kicking any ass lately then that means wvu isn't either.

What facts have you presented? I stated that Fluffer holgorsen has not brought wvu to the door step of competing for a national championchip like RR did. That is a fact. Now when I stated he never will that is an opinion. Up to this point I have stated 1 more fact than you have.

Not sure how its an insult, its on par with what most 3rd place teams receive. If we dont like it we have no one to blame but ourselves for getting outscored 93-48 by the only two ranked teams we played all season
The 2 best games on our schedule and we lose but that is to be expected considering we have nothing but average at best results in the 6 years this guy has been coach.

I look forward to EVERY Mountaineer game in any sport, so I'll be glued to my TV set for this one Dec. 28 at 5:30 p.m. Tremain Mack is ancient history, but if it helps stir up the fans and/or the players, go for it!

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

What facts have you presented? I stated that Fluffer holgorsen has not brought wvu to the door step of competing for a national championchip like RR did. That is a fact. Now when I stated he never will that is an opinion. Up to this point I have stated 1 more fact than you have.
Fact Dana saw he needed a better defense and hired Gibby as the defensive coordinator.

The 2 best games on our schedule and we lose but that is to be expected considering we have nothing but average at best results in the 6 years this guy has been coach.

SpookyBoy..........................I see why you .....................remain at the freshman level. You may never make it to the varsity. Why? You are average at best for the six years at Freshman level.

SpookyBoy..........................I see why you .....................remain at the freshman level. You may never make it to the varsity. Why? You are average at best for the six years at Freshman level.

Well there Mr texasforeverqueer since I happen to live in the Dallas metro area myself than maybe we can take my average Maserati Gran Turismo out for a spin............. We can go to West Texas and ramp that baby up to the 170's which I have done a time or to. 0-60 in less than 5 ya know?............... Then we can take that shi% Box you have parked in your front lawn out for a spin... Ya know the lawn that some of your neighbors mistake as a junk yard.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Fact Dana saw he needed a better defense and hired Gibby as the defensive coordinator.
Luck forced fluffer holgorsen to make a change in defense. Dana didn't see anything if he had any clue he never would have hired his drinking buddy in the 1st place.

Well there Mr texasforeverqueer since I happen to live in the Dallas metro area myself than maybe we can take my average Maserati Gran Turismo out for a spin............. We can go to West Texas and ramp that baby up to the 170's which I have done a time or to. 0-60 in less than 5 ya know?............... Then we can take that shi% Box you have parked in your front lawn out for a spin... Ya know the lawn that some of your neighbors mistake as a junk yard.
I see a banishment in the very near future ...poor fella.

Miami and their crappy fan base are beneath us...but we still need to play hard, take this seriously and win.

This could make a small difference in rankings next season

Please name 1 thing in the history of the WVU program that outshines ANYTHING that Miami has ever done

Reactions: Uswagpak
Please name 1 thing in the history of the WVU program that outshines ANYTHING that Miami has ever done

We've won without depending on criminal boosters.
We've won without getting major NCAA sanctions.
We've won without embarrassing our fan base.
Oh yeah....we've won 731 total games, which is way more than Miami has ever won.

Luck forced fluffer holgorsen to make a change in defense. Dana didn't see anything if he had any clue he never would have hired his drinking buddy in the 1st place.
You are a funny lil fella. Please tell how rich you are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT