Penn state

I’m guessing 6 wins. Who knows

He’s not saying to scrap the program.
Might as well be.

AD hates NIL
Can't compete NIL
Can't keep players
Can't get players.

As far as 6 wins, you must of been one of those that left early during the UL game in 2005.

8 wins or exit left.

Reactions: goldenEERS
Might as well be.

AD hates NIL
Can't compete NIL
Can't keep players
Can't get players.

As far as 6 wins, you must of been one of those that left early during the UL game in 2005.

8 wins or exit left.
I might be right. I might be wrong. Same as you. That’s my prediction and we shall see

Might as well be.

AD hates NIL
Can't compete NIL
Can't keep players
Can't get players.

8 wins or exit left.
we can compete with NIL..now ...country roads trust wasn't established until 2022...we were a year behind

we can compete with NIL..now ...country roads trust wasn't established until 2022...we were a year behind

NIL was passed in June 2021 not 2022.

Just like 90% of the other programs in the nation they began late. SEC and Big 10 were doing illegal payments for as long as sports have been at colleges. Now it's legal cheating.

NIL is currently being used incorrectly and the NCAA doesn't have the balls to fix it.
With the NCAA changing the existing NIL rules to begin allowing athletes the right to profit from the use of their own name, image and likeness, here are a few examples of what student-athletes could now be paid for: Autographs and memorabilia, Camps and clinics, Personal appearances, Merchandise, Affiliate/ambassador roles, NFTs, Blogging, Podcasting, Public Speaking, Music, art, etc.

Former AD Shane Lyons refused to recognize NIL. It's clear that the main reason Lyons is no longer at WVU is because the administration wants someone who can adapt with the new era of college.

Country Roads Trust was founded in 2021. Ken Kendrick and Oliver Luck founders of Country Roads Trust LLC.

WVU is not as far behind in NIL as many claim. WVU is one of the first schools to setup such a corporation that does the NIL the way it's suppose to be done.

Reactions: WV Bruno
Ever since its creation in January 2022, Country Roads Trust has been partnering with WVU to help get Mountaineer athletes enticing NIL deals to support their future. In the age of the transfer portal, this initiative is crucial to keeping talent in Morgantown, with other schools potentially trying to lure players out with financial offers.

Country Roads Trust was founded in 2021. Ken Kendrick and Oliver Luck founders of Country Roads Trust LLC.

The Country Roads Trust was established in January 2022 by former West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck and Ken Kendrick, a West Virginia alumnus and the general managing partner of the Arizona Diamondbacks. This pioneering NIL (Name, Image, & Likeness) collective operates at the NCAA Division-I level and aims to empower student-athletes by connecting them with fans and allowing them to monetize their individual and collective brands123.

Here are some key aspects of the Country Roads Trust:

1. Purpose: The trust facilitates partnerships between business owners, student-athletes, and the local community. It aims to give all student-athletes an opportunity to achieve excellence in NIL while preparing them for life after sports.
  2. Fan Engagement: Country Roads Trust unites fans with athletes in innovative ways. It provides platforms for live interactive virtual interviews, in-person fan events, and personalized birthday messages from athletes to fans.
then they had to form the business plan, find a building, hire staff etc, etc.;..it was 19 Jan 2022

I might be right. I might be wrong. Same as you. That’s my prediction and we shall see
What did you predict last year 4 or 5? My prediction 5-7 last year. I don't think the schedule will be as tough as many claim nor will it be as easy as some make it out to be. I see 8 possible wins. If it's only 6 with what's returning on offense then fire him.

There are 12 POSSIBLE wins.

Quit the negativity before the season should be the lesson learned from last year. The players and coaches don't believe they don't have a chance in any of the games and neither should the fans that support the teams. Play the games and if we lose, get over it and prepare for the next one.

What did you predict last year 4 or 5? My prediction 5-7 last year. I don't think the schedule will be as tough as many claim nor will it be as easy as some make it out to be. I see 8 possible wins. If it's only 6 with what's returning on offense then fire him.
I don’t remember, but you are definitely correct my prediction was 4 or 5. I know that.

Neal Brown is an average coach, and everyone in sports media knows it. This wont change until he's gone.
This is true and his overall record during the 5 year period he’s been at WVU confirms this. There’s nothing wrong with being average if that’s your measuring stick for success. We will see if last year was an aberration. The schedule appears tougher. The team has experience and a solid bowl win to come off of.

This is true and his overall record during the 5 year period he’s been at WVU confirms this. There’s nothing wrong with being average if that’s your measuring stick for success. We will see if last year was an aberration. The schedule appears tougher. The team has experience and a solid bowl win to come off of.
Brown didn't have the proper resources to be successful until Baker showed up. Since Baker's arrival Basketball had their best haul in the transfer portal. Even though Huggins screwed that up. We did the best job of retention this past offseason on the football side. Brown may very well end up being average but until last year he had been operating with one hand tied behind his back.

no it doesn't...no other coach in history had players transfer at will for more money and not have sit out a year..you won't out work this staff...in 2016 we signed nine two star rated recruits..just look it up..that's the recruting class of Army

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN and WVUBRU
You know what is funny. Go back and look at RR YEARS. Don took heat because he couldn't beat Miami and VT. RR had a couple nice wins against VT but he lost last 2 and he never beat Miami.
Neal Brown 2-0 against VT
Dana 0-1 vs VT
Don Nehlen 10-10 against VT (last win vs VT was 1998)
Rod 2-3 against VT
Cignetti 2-2

WVU has only beaten Miami 3 times and 2 of those under Nehlen. Rod was 0-4 vs Miami. So saying Nehlen couldn't beat VT or Miami when he has the most wins is not correct.

VT is a rivalry
Miami was the Alabama of all college football in the 80's and 90's.
PSU is a rivalry for WVU fans but PSU thinks of WVU as an automatic W.

Dana 0-1 vs VT
Rod 2-3 against VT
Cignetti 2-2

WVU has only beaten Miami 3 times and 2 of those under Nehlen. Rod was 0-4 vs Miami. So saying Nehlen couldn't beat VT or Miami when he has the most wins is not correct.

VT is a rivalry
I'm talking after 93 when VT got good. I also remember Don getting smacked around by Syracuse in big games. Don always played Miami tough for few exceptions.

Dana 0-1 vs VT
Rod 2-3 against VT
Cignetti 2-2

VT is a rivalry
I'm talking after 93 when VT got good. I also remember Don getting smacked around by Syracuse in big games. On the PSU board they are counting WVU as automatic win. They told me WVU doesn't have the roster.

So with your professional opinion that means even Bobby Bowden was an average coach at WVU. WVU has had 35 head coaches an 9 of those coaching 5 years or more.

Rich Rodriguez .698 - 7 yrs
Bowden .618 (42-26) - 6 yrs
Don Nehelen .614 (149-93-4) - 21 yrs
Art Pappy Lewis .602 (58-38-2) - 10 yrs
Dana Hologorsen .598 (61-41) - 8 Yrs
Ira Rodgers .578 (44-31-8) - 9 yrs
Neal Brown .516 (31-29) - 5 yrs
William F. Kern .510 (24-23-1) - 5 yrs
Gene Corum .492 (29-30) - 6 yrs

I'm talking after 93 when VT got good. I also remember Don getting smacked around by Syracuse in big games. On the PSU board they are counting WVU as automatic win. They told me WVU doesn't have the roster.
VT lost games when they mattered most. So WVU like is what they are. Syracuse in 80's was a top 25 team. Don was 3-3 vs a ranked Syracuse. I would take Don Nehlen over our last 3 head coaches every time.

I don't think we have the depth of PSU. But I think we have a roster that could play with them and if PSU doesn't have that killer instinct in this game WVU could very well win, if we stay out of our own way. Which is what typically happens to us when playing PSU.

Reactions: WV Bruno and WVUBRU
So with your professional opinion that means even Bobby Bowden was an average coach at WVU. WVU has had 35 head coaches an 9 of those coaching 5 years or more.

Rich Rodriguez .698 - 7 yrs
Bowden .618 (42-26) - 6 yrs
Don Nehelen .614 (149-93-4) - 21 yrs
Art Pappy Lewis .602 (58-38-2) - 10 yrs
Dana Hologorsen .598 (61-41) - 8 Yrs
Ira Rodgers .578 (44-31-8) - 9 yrs
Neal Brown .516 (31-29) - 5 yrs
William F. Kern .510 (24-23-1) - 5 yrs
Gene Corum .492 (29-30) - 6 yrs
I’ve said it many times, the difference is winning the big games. As of the moment, Neal has yet to really do that. Comparing Brown with Rod, Nehlen, Bowden, Lewis is laughable to this point. Will he get there? Doubtful. He beat UNC without their stars. Let’s see how he does this year.

I’ve said it many times, the difference is winning the big games. As of the moment, Neal has yet to really do that. Comparing Brown with Rod, Nehlen, Bowden, Lewis is laughable to this point. Will he get there? Doubtful. He beat UNC without their stars. Let’s see how he does this year.
The only one comparing them is you.

Right on cue you make excuses for wins. A win is win so get over it.

I don’t have to get over anything lol. I don’t share your opinion or assessment, but unlike you, I’ll admit if/when I’m wrong.

That is an oversimplification. In 2018 when Syracuse whipped WVU while Will Grier sat out was not an accurate representation of what would gave happened had the teams met in the regular season.

That is an oversimplification. In 2018 when Syracuse whipped WVU while Will Grier sat out was not an accurate representation of what would gave happened had the teams met in the regular season.
Could have still lost. See ISU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State...a win is a win a loss is a loss. People missing is part of the game.

I don’t have to get over anything lol. I don’t share your opinion or assessment, but unlike you, I’ll admit if/when I’m wrong.
9-4 in 2023?

The day you admit you're wrong will be the day the world ends.

9-4 in 2023?

The day you admit you're wrong will be the day the world ends.
You’re a bit late to the party. I have said many times on here I was wrong about last year. And I still hold out hope I’m wrong again and Brown starts beating some teams ranked at full strength. Until that day, I’ll hang onto my opinion.

You’re a bit late to the party. I have said many times on here I was wrong about last year. And I still hold out hope I’m wrong again and Brown starts beating some teams ranked at full strength. Until that day, I’ll hang onto my opinion.
Only time teams play an opponent at full strength is 1st and possibly 2nd game.

2020 #16 KSU 10 WVU 37
2021 #14 VT 21 WVU 27
2021 #22 ISU 31 WVU 38

Not a huge fan of Brown either and if he goes 7-5 I would have no problem if they fired him. I expect 8 or more wins 2024.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
All games have different dynamics with the teams. Wins and losses are objective evaluators but it is my personal opinion one most look deeper and I do while I do not make excuses, especially in college athletics. Perfect example last year was the Houston game. I felt we played fantastic but lost on a last second miracle. I don't fault the coaching for that loss but rather just give credit to the players of UoH as they didn't give up even though their POS coach on the sideline did as he had done numerous times with WVU in his years on our sideline.

I have great hope for success this year battling for the league championship but things could go south with injuries. I feel we have good depth at some positions especially on the offensive side of the ball but not defense. I believe our coaching staff is doing a fine job and I find they have done more good than bad minus Brown sticking with Doedge his final year at WVU.

Could have still lost. See ISU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State...a win is a win a loss is a loss. People missing is part of the game.
That is part of the game, but it also does factor in as to whether the win is a quality win or not. If its a bowl game against an opponent that is disappointed to be there and the most important contributors to that team are opting out it is not the same as playing that team during the regular season when they have more incentive to try regardless of whether key contributors are out. Which is why that win against UNC, despite their record, is not much better than the win against TCU on the road when TCU was trying to live up to the preseason hype. The point of the conversation is whether Brown has had any big wins like 1982 @Oklahoma or 2002 @VT that foreshadow later greater successes.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
I think travel hurts teams with little depth. WVU has to travel a little further than most. Big 12 coaches have openly expressed how much they hate the trip to Morgantown.
Those teams only have to travel to WV once. Wv has to make the long trek at least 4 or 5 times a year in football, and 9 times in basketball.

That is part of the game, but it also does factor in as to whether the win is a quality win or not. If its a bowl game against an opponent that is disappointed to be there and the most important contributors to that team are opting out it is not the same as playing that team during the regular season when they have more incentive to try regardless of whether key contributors are out. Which is why that win against UNC, despite their record, is not much better than the win against TCU on the road when TCU was trying to live up to the preseason hype. The point of the conversation is whether Brown has had any big wins like 1982 @Oklahoma or 2002 @VT that foreshadow later greater successes.
Total BS.

Those teams only have to travel to WV once. Wv has to make the long trek at least 4 or 5 times a year in football, and 9 times in basketball.
Unlike Marshall who travels by Wagons. The airplane works just fine. Travel is just an excuse as much an excuse as who isn't playing.

Reactions: WVUBRU
I knew we would be a dog but 21 points seems way too high. We played them tight for almost 3 quarters at their place and that before our offense found its footing. This year’s at home with an experienced team. I’m not expecting a win but I wouldn’t be floored if we did. And I certainly don’t see us getting beat that bad, but who knows

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT