ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins Summer 2024

I freely admit I have no real clue.....mostly because I saw only a handful of games (on non-PPV/streaming) this past season.....if their greater problem was in the basic construction of the PP (his fault) or the players' inability/unwillingness to follow the road map (their fault).

All I know (and I wasn't the only one) is that somebody was going to take the fall for the season-long problems; it clearly wasn't going to be Sully, and we all know it's usually not the talent. Though, it's hard not to figure him as some kind of sacrificial lamb in the Ryan Graves abortion.

As for TR himself, he surely knew he was finished in Pittsburgh with his contract expiring. Happily, with so many new head coaches coming into the League in 2024/25, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get right back on the horse this summer as part of the NHL's never-ending assistant coach's merry-go-round.

Meanwhile, it should be an interesting summer at PPGPA in light of the fact Dubas' own honeymoon got torched so badly this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT