ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Pass rusher discusses West Virginia

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Jacksonville (Fla.) Bolles defensive end Jack Pyburn told me that West Virginia is definitely on the list of schools that he is considering as we enter the stretch run. He was committed to Minnesota for six months but is now seeing a lot of schools jump into the mix. He hasn't set any official visits yet but he does have three remaining and the Mountaineers are under high consideration for that. Pyburn has been recruited by both defensive coordinator Jordan Lesley and defensive line coach AJ Jackson and the two have made him feel like a priority. He has already been visited in-home by the pair in December and Lesley is expected to return again this week to see him. The talented defensive lineman is coming off a season where he piled up 110 tackles, 32 tackles for loss and 15 sacks and is being targeted as either an edge rusher or a strongside defensive end. He told me that he already has been to campus for an unofficial visit for the Texas game and was really impressed with everything. It was an under the radar trip, but really enjoyed it. He likes the environment as well as the plan that the coaches have for him so he's very interested in making it back to see more. He also is looking at some other options right now, but I do think an official visit is likely and I exited the conversation feeling better about the Mountaineers chances than I did prior to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News