ADVERTISEMENT

OU’s interim sees Big 12 stability

doneagain

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2004
My parent's basement
https://news.google.com/articles/CB...5YzM1NC5hbXAuaHRtbA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

As I have said in the past, the B12 is the perfect home for OU and Texas. OU doesn’t want to go to another conference where getting to the playoff will be even harder. And Texas can keep its network as long as it wants in the B12, something it would have to give up elsewhere. And both can dictate terms in the B12, something they couldn’t do elsewhere.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Could hardly call Texas and Oklahoma scum partners. Might not like them and call them arrogant etc...but scum? Nah.

Maybe harsh on Oklahoma but they both could care less about a least half of their league. It’s not new news that the LHN is a solo act that hurts other Big12 partners. Expansion was needed and those two schools nixed that. I guess WVU needed a home so should feel fortunate they aren’t at the kiddie table.

Problems for the Big 12 are

1) B1G wants Texas
2) SEC is trying to undermine Texas because of aggy
3) Jealousy in the Big 12.

Truthfully I think the Big 12 can use that as an advantage

Use the SEC vs B1G to an advantage
Jealousy in the Big 12 is great.
Everyone hates Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.
KU basketball for a lot of schools is the target
OU football and OU in general. Trashy state with annoying fans.
Texas can suck and everyone still hates them. Texas for the most part is elite in everything. Even in a down year they win 4x the conference championships

If the Big 12 have the right people in control they can survive.
Looks like they have

WVU's president Gordon Gee knows what he is doing.
He is looking for a way out if the Big 12 falls. Texas gives WVU that chance.
In the meantime the conference is slowly regaining financial strength to be a major player in the next realignment.

Does that really matter.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself should I troll or not.
Being a troll works when you need it. Some people just do it for attention.

Does that really matter.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself should I troll or not.
Being a troll works when you need it. Some people just do it for attention.

Hitting the pipe heavy today are you?

People use the word troll when they have no answer.

Must be bored again Allen.
Should put your mind to something useful.

The useful thing was laughing at your Big 12 insights. B1G already has RU, Maryland and Nebraska to kick around. They don't need automatic wins by beating Texas. As we all know Maryland already owns Texas.

SEC would have taken Texas if they hadn't have touched themselves while looking over the fence.

There's no jealousy in the Big 12. People know Texas is a pretend wanna be. KU? Basketball. Really. If you have to pay players to remain relevant, then you are nothing. As far as OU. People respect OU. Well because they've shown the Big 12 how to make the playoffs. What has Texas done? Nothing!

If Texas and OU want to bite off the hands that feed them...well you know.

65% of your post shows how jealous you actually are.

You can admit what is going on or you cannot.

If the status quo remains the Big 12 is in a great position going forward because of revenue.
Ratings remain high for football and basketball and the conference is in a great position to negotiate future first and second tier TV rights.

Texas holds all the cards. This is where a lot of the jealousy comes from. Texas has the TV and the ability to move out of the Big 12.
On the otherhand Texas has the ability to make sure the Big 12 gets an even better payday.
Historically Texas has pulled some the strongest ratings in the modern era and prior to the schools controlling the media rights.

65% of your post shows how jealous you actually are.

You can admit what is going on or you cannot.

If the status quo remains the Big 12 is in a great position going forward because of revenue.
Ratings remain high for football and basketball and the conference is in a great position to negotiate future first and second tier TV rights.

Texas holds all the cards. This is where a lot of the jealousy comes from. Texas has the TV and the ability to move out of the Big 12.
On the otherhand Texas has the ability to make sure the Big 12 gets an even better payday.
Historically Texas has pulled some the strongest ratings in the modern era and prior to the schools controlling the media rights.

For someone that feels the obsessive need to respond to every single post on this board and to do so without assured authority, you really do not get much right. Texas is not altruistic. Texas does what Texas does for Texas and only Texas. The B12 is only Texas' mind when there is something in it for Texas. I do not fault Texas for that, if WVU had that clout I would support them in using it.

In a similar vein, Oklahoma is only looking out for Oklahoma and each member of the B12, likewise follows suit. This is a conference of convenience. Why is that?

Two reason, either there is no other practical choice - everyone but Texas or the current set up suits them just fine - Texas. Texas is the B12. They could be independent if they wanted to be but it is easier to claim protected status over the Texas recruiting grounds and to also have a place to park their non-football sports. They get to boss 9 other schools around, even if two of them beat their best efforts in football (Oklahoma) and basketball (Kansas).

The money when tier three is added is premier for all members and approaches what the SEC and Big-10 make. The distance between B12 and the ACC the number 4 payout conference is quickly coming close to double.

Why would Texas ever leave that? They would not. Neither would any other school in the B12 leave.

We did not add two schools in the last round because Texas wanted Houston and no one else did. Texas did some back room dealing to bring in all of the Texas to vote but that was not enough. When Texas did not get their pick, the other potential members were tossed out of consideration.

Again, I will say, Texas is out for Texas and no one else even if those someone else's were the SEC and Big-10. Texas does not get a rat's ass about joining either conference and the wankers in the ACC occassionally dream up Texas is coming to the ACC wet dreams. Texas is staying and Texas likes it. But, no one is jealous of Texas. Texas is the BOMC we can all agree to hate and try to take down. Unfortunately for Texas, that happens a lot.

I have said numerous times universities are amoral has a whole. Very much like nation states. Their sole purpose is survival.

Big 12 was always a finger in the dam. Not going to give you 1,000 word breakdown of what happened but when it happened I don't think anyone involved thought it would last in its current form.

The conference as of right now is in better position to move forward than the ACC and PAC 12.
Both of those conferences have major issues. The ACC's judgement day is upon is. I don't understand why the conference waited so long. People are pulling the plug on cable by the minute. The demand for the channel isn't there.

Like I have said before...

Only position that is better for Texas in the current is if you combined all the resources of the ACC/Big 12/ND and PAC and then cut it down to 16.
This most likely won't happen so like you said the Big 12 keeps moving on.

The Big XII will stay strong as long as it STAYS at 10 teams.

You can not beat every team playing each other EVERY year.

These 16 team conferences are horrible for competition and are steadily losing respect.

These 16 team conferences are horrible for competition and are steadily losing respect.

What P5 conference has 16 teams?

Funny how Allen supports Greggy.
Pretty sad actually.

Greg is a known Troll that pretty much every quality poster has on ignore.
I don't ignore but it makes me think Allen is not what he claims as well.

We haven't gotten to 16 teams yet, despite all the pundits who said that 4 conferences with 16 teams are inevitable. You are right about the competition being watered down in those other conferences that have more than 10 teams. The ten team format is vastly superior in both basketball and football as far as real competition. But guess what? We need to win NC's. As long as Clemson and Alabama keep winning, it doesn't matter that the bottom of those conferences couldn't compete with the Little Sisters of the Poor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT