ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This should help Miami's recruiting...

Mark May actually had a great response on the halftime show. When they were discussing how people like Ray Lewis and other former Canes were throwing out the words "embarrassment" and things like that, May simply asked "What are people like Ray Lewis and these others doing to help the program? Are they helping to recruit?" He then went on to basically challenge them to put up or shut up.

The one that was the most creative was "Fire Golden, these banners are expensive!"

Miami is one school I root to lose every game. That school should have gotten an SMU death penalty 2 different occasions. They proved BIG CHEATING pays since the ncaa will really do nothing.

Golden is 32-25 in five seasons at Miami, two of those dealing with an NCAA investigation and self-imposed sanctions that never were warranted by any results of the investigation, if I recall correctly. He walked into a hornet's nest on day one after taking a terrible Temple program to respectability.

He might actually be a good coach, but under the circumstances he has had to deal with we may not know. It doesn't look good for him staying at Miami.

Again, trends are important. He's in his 5th season. Is Miami better than it was his first two years? His overall record is about the same as Shannon's was and Randy got only 4 years. When the guy before you gets fired, your job is to make the team better, period.

Probation is an obstacle, but the championship and bowl ban ended after the 2013 season and they only lost a total of nine scholarships over a 3 year period. Pretty much a slap on the wrist all things considered. Miami isn't going to buy we can't compete because we lack depth because we had 3 fewer scholarships a year to give. I wish we were not more susceptible to buying excuses than they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT