ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Metal Garage (Tractor Garage) Builders in West Virginia

Blackberry Smoke

All-Conference
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2008
West Virginia
Anyone had a metal garage built? I'm looking for a company that can build a metal building for us to store a farm tractor in. Just wondering who you used and any other advice you can provide

Anyone had a metal garage built? I'm looking for a company that can build a metal building for us to store a farm tractor in. Just wondering who you used and any other advice you can provide
Built mine several years ago and some lessons I learned:

-What every size you think you need, increase it by at least 50%. I have all kinds of shelves built for storage in mine and it keeps my garage available for the car.
-Make sure to run electric. A must for working in your building. Lights, outlets, garage door opener. Run water if you can. You will want it to wash equipment.
-Pour a concrete floor with drains. I skimped and though I could get by with gravel. Big mistake and I ended up pouring a floor after 10 years.
-If you think you might want to use it for a workshop later, its better to insulate it at the start. You can get a heat source later.
-Keep a close eye on those builders. The ones that did mine stole a few items and I didn't realize it until they were long gone.

One word ....Amish! Pay a little more and have it done right .
Depending on how much money you have plan the build in stages .
After the building is put up you can add everything else just make sure the building itself is built right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT