ADVERTISEMENT

OT for the nerds: Post Infinity War reactions

coalcountry52

Heisman Winner
Oct 26, 2004
The Revolution
I will hide the spoilers for those who wish to not see them. Anyone who posts, please use the "spoiler" option in your message editor bar, so nobody gets it ruined for them.

OK, I write to you post Avengers: Infinity War...

Non-spoiler:
I never thought I could enjoy a villain as much as I do Thanos. He stole the show in every way. Not only did you fear him, you...understood him? Related to him? I don't quite know the word for that yet. You felt everything he did on an emotional level. That will go down as one of the greatest portrayals of a villain, in my opinion.

The film does not stop from the start (FYI you have to watch Thor: Ragnarok as an appetizer to this film). It bounces around at a fever pitch from the moment to screen fades from black to the post credits scene (you get roughly 8-10 minutes to catch your breath before the post credits). Every character gets their time in the spotlight. A whole lot of pain and suffering for everyone in this film.

We left with me in shock while my wife was fighting off an anxiety attack from 2.5 hours of solid adrenaline. I struggle with the fact we have two films to give us an intermission before Avengers 4. I have a hard time comprehending where to go from here.

Grade: A++++
SPOILERS
- Dinklage owned in his role which ended up being pretty important to the film.
- Thor and the Guardians should have a film together. Did I say Guardians? I meant morons with the rabbit.
- RIP Loki, you noble being, and most of everyone else.
- They tried to show every way in the world someone could kill Thanos and he derped them every single time.
- RED SKULL RETURNS
- The Black Order were pretty formidable and I must say they did a damn good job with them after I expected them to basically be cannon fodder.
- "You should've...you should've...gone for the head." SNAP
- Thanos at the end watching the sun rise...at peace. That's what almost made me cry.
- Watching everyone die right before that end scene was brutal. You didn't know who was going and when.
- They ripped it almost straight from the comics with the final stand against Thanos. And everyone fell.
- Stark's worst fear comes true. "Watching all your friends die, and you think that'd be the worst."

"No, the worst part is that you didn't."

I will probably have more as I process. I wasn't ready for this film. Nobody is. It is everything and more than I expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: smooter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News