ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaches on the Hot Seat

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

I wonder how accurate that website is-historically.

I pretty much agree with the Top say 5. I think ALL of those are gone by years end. The jobs are Rutgers, UConn, UNC, Louisville, & BYU.

I won't mention the coach names cause the schools are more recognizable, except Petrino who has a horrible team, a son and 2 sons in law on his staff. The irony with him and Louisville is his buyout goes UP next year and not down. That school deserves that guy. They owe him $14 million if they fire him by Dec 1, 2018. They owe him $16 million in 2019. This for the man who said Bama should be on "Upset Alert", got beat 77-16 this past Saturday, and has lost 4 commits in 3 days. Meanwhile UK will not call off the Cats in the season finale. They will run that score up.

After that it's guys on the first year at the job or on the first year of a new extension. How can a guy get canned after year one (FSU, Arkansas) or after a new extension got signed in 2017 (Ok State, Auburn)?

I also wonder if Bill Snyder gets pushed out at years end. He's trying to get his son the job in Manhattan.

Kansas will also have a new coach AGAIN.

It's a whacky messed up world where supposedly institutions of higher leaning make horrible one sided contracts.

With Louisville being so horrible, I can't help but wonder if the kid (lineman) from Spring Valley (WV) is regretting picking Louisville over WVU.

Holgorsen moved down to 114th out of 130 coaches listed. Of course Nick Saban is 130th. No Hot Seat for either of them now.

Can't believe they have Willie Taggart at #6. Come on man, it's his first season at FSU.

I like Larry Fedora as a coach, I just think he is hamstrung at UNC. If he gets fired he will get a new job before a month passes.

Holgorsen moved down to 114th out of 130 coaches listed. Of course Nick Saban is 130th. No Hot Seat for either of them now.

Can't believe they have Willie Taggart at #6. Come on man, it's his first season at FSU.

I like Larry Fedora as a coach, I just think he is hamstrung at UNC. If he gets fired he will get a new job before a month passes.

I can believe it. Taggart was suspect when he came to FSU. He went 7-5 at Oregon and by no means is that acceptable. Truth is that Oregon is much better off with FSU doing them a favor. If he's lucky, he will get a 2nd year.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

I wonder how accurate that website is-historically.

I pretty much agree with the Top say 5. I think ALL of those are gone by years end. The jobs are Rutgers, UConn, UNC, Louisville, & BYU.

I won't mention the coach names cause the schools are more recognizable, except Petrino who has a horrible team, a son and 2 sons in law on his staff. The irony with him and Louisville is his buyout goes UP next year and not down. That school deserves that guy. They owe him $14 million if they fire him by Dec 1, 2018. They owe him $16 million in 2019. This for the man who said Bama should be on "Upset Alert", got beat 77-16 this past Saturday, and has lost 4 commits in 3 days. Meanwhile UK will not call off the Cats in the season finale. They will run that score up.

After that it's guys on the first year at the job or on the first year of a new extension. How can a guy get canned after year one (FSU, Arkansas) or after a new extension got signed in 2017 (Ok State, Auburn)?

I also wonder if Bill Snyder gets pushed out at years end. He's trying to get his son the job in Manhattan.

Kansas will also have a new coach AGAIN.

It's a whacky messed up world where supposedly institutions of higher leaning make horrible one sided contracts.

Bill Snyder does not have rights to the job and should be spanked for trying to hijack the HC job for his son! The job pays millions and I can see why he wants Junior to have the job. But, my advice to Bill is...........step aside Bill and let the shiny shoes in Kansas have their fun. Warez

Seems pretty accurate. You could move some coaches up or down.

I've talked to a few fla state folks. they are done with taggert. i think the administration gives him another year. but thats it.

florida state can't afford to field a bad football team for too long. the donations start to dry up and they fall even further behind their SEC neighbors. they're already behind the 8 ball with low acc revenues.

Having the athletes that FSU does and getting embarrassed every week in a horrible ACC is enough to put your job in jeopardy, especially when your hiring was iffy at best.

My opinion on the hiring of guys like Willie Taggart is that the Big school really has no good idea what they have when they hire them. There are no guarantees anywhere really. The reason is they don't have a big resume' of P5 coaching experience. There is a difference between the quality of coaching and programs at the G5 level vs P5 level. He did have respectable success at Western KY and then USF, but Oregon was not a smash hit. They really weren't devastated when Taggart left, more like pissed cause he was there one season - a bowl game.

Temple got resurrected under Al Golden in the MAC, but what did he do at Miami? Then again not too many coaches have done anything at Miami since Butch Davis. Mark Richt has lost his last 3 and needed a miracle to beat a hapless FSU team.

History shows that if Miami ain't cheating they ain't winning big.

I think it is base off who is having a poor season. The ranking is probably based on how many or how long a losing season has been. Willie Taggart will probably be given 3 years max to try and turn it around.

Petrino big problem is an unwilling attitude on making some changes and tweaks to his offense. I would say if it's this bad next year he will be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT