ADVERTISEMENT

One more day and we have a man with a back bone

It would be hard to be worse internationally.
Do you hate Obama that much? Liberals? You seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy in foreign affairs considering your field. I'm curious where your resentment towards the left comes from.

Do you hate Obama that much? Liberals? You seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy in foreign affairs considering your field. I'm curious where your resentment towards the left comes from.

I can't speak for the poster, but please name one foreign policy success that Obama achieved? I will give you my impression of his failures:

1. Getting out of Iraq opening the door for ISIS to metastasize against the wishes of the CIA, DOD and even SecState.
2. Drawing the red line in Syria, then watching rather helplessly as 500,000 are killed.
3. This vacuum in Syria lead the Russians back into the Middle East where they now have great influence. It also created millions of migrants that now flood Lebanon and Europe.
4. The disaster in Libya that lead to Gaddafi's defeat, turmoil, ISIS rising and millions of migrants flowing into Italy and other European countries.
5. The Iran deal which guarantees that Iran becomes a nuclear state (even if you assume they don't cheat, it only delays the inevitable). In the meantime, they are testing missiles and using the billions we gave them to foment more terror through Hamas and Hezbollah. They are the biggest supporters of terrorism in the world.
6. The Russian reset was an absolute disaster. From Obama's hot mic where he told Medvedev to tell Putin he would have more flexibility after he wins election to Hillary's famous, misspelled reset button, we were extremely naive.
7. Obama's incredible weakness in response to the Russian takeover of Crimea.
8. Failing to leverage our incredible assets to force China to rein in North Korea. They will soon have nuclear missiles capable of reaching the U.S.
9. Obama absolutely stabbing our strongest ally in the Middle Ease in the back.
10. Obama's feckless support against Brexit, which helped to swing the vote toward Brexit (the Brits did not take kindly to Obama's interference and his statement that the Brits would go to the back of the line in trade negotiations).
11. Obama's support of Iran during the Green Revolution. What was that all about? Iranians fighting for freedom and we don't lift a finger to help.
12. Obama's disastrous support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Utter stupidity.
13. China's takeover of the South China Sea, building islands and no U.S. involvement in this strategic area. Shows incredible weakness which tyrants will take advantage of.

Some of the few I have noted.

I can't speak for the poster, but please name one foreign policy success that Obama achieved? I will give you my impression of his failures:

1. Getting out of Iraq opening the door for ISIS to metastasize against the wishes of the CIA, DOD and even SecState.
2. Drawing the red line in Syria, then watching rather helplessly as 500,000 are killed.
3. This vacuum in Syria lead the Russians back into the Middle East where they now have great influence. It also created millions of migrants that now flood Lebanon and Europe.
4. The disaster in Libya that lead to Gaddafi's defeat, turmoil, ISIS rising and millions of migrants flowing into Italy and other European countries.
5. The Iran deal which guarantees that Iran becomes a nuclear state (even if you assume they don't cheat, it only delays the inevitable). In the meantime, they are testing missiles and using the billions we gave them to foment more terror through Hamas and Hezbollah. They are the biggest supporters of terrorism in the world.
6. The Russian reset was an absolute disaster. From Obama's hot mic where he told Medvedev to tell Putin he would have more flexibility after he wins election to Hillary's famous, misspelled reset button, we were extremely naive.
8. Failing to leverage our incredible assets to force China to rein in North Korea. They will soon have nuclear missiles capable of reaching the U.S.
10. Obama's feckless support against Brexit, which helped to swing the vote toward Brexit (the Brits did not take kindly to Obama's interference and his statement that the Brits would go to the back of the line in trade negotiations).
11. Obama's support of Iran during the Green Revolution. What was that all about? Iranians fighting for freedom and we don't lift a finger to help.
12. Obama's disastrous support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Utter stupidity.
13. China's takeover of the South China Sea, building islands and no U.S. involvement in this strategic area. Shows incredible weakness which tyrants will take advantage of.

Did you love Bush's foreign policy?

Between him and Kim Jong-Un, things are looking really bright (pun intended).

YIPPEE!
1203508726monkeybutt.jpg

Hard to think of any positives. His only hope is that the middle east stabilizes. He got damn lucky that Egypt didn't implode.

I don't hate either. I disagree with some of their approach towards solving problems. Is that really how you rationalize negative feedback? That we must hate him to feel that way? The one thing I think most everyone left and right will agree on is his foreign policy was a joke. Are you so dyed in the wool that you can't see what a disaster the last 8 years have been from a foreign policy perspective?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT