ADVERTISEMENT

Ollie said

AllEers6

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2011
Ollie said we had to replace Bill Stewart because he gave us no chance to win a NC. so, it looks like Ollie's replacement is no better. Not sure Ollie's plan worked out.

I'm sure all of your plans for life have worked to success 100% of the time.

Ollie said we had to replace Bill Stewart because he gave us no chance to win a NC. so, it looks like Ollie's replacement is no better. Not sure Ollie's plan worked out.
I think Dana improved but there is no doubt he was a mess the first couple of years

I think Dana improved but there is no doubt he was a mess the first couple of years

And why, why, would you think that HC Mediocre has improved? Give me some facts. Recruiting? QB recruiting, development and retention? Game management? Defense? etc

And why, why, would you think that HC Mediocre has improved? Give me some facts. Recruiting? QB recruiting, development and retention? Game management? Defense? etc
lol, well, remember that defense that gave up 70 points to Baylor...when we had Joe Deforest as our DC and some guy that never played football before as our cornerbacks coach...this was the same time he blew off a meeting with the gov. because he was hungover...

honestly...Dana should have been fired but we didn't have the money and Ollie was protecting his guy...notice Clements and Luck screwed this hire up then left the first chance he they got.

Lyons needs to finish cleaning up Lucks mess. He fired the wrestling coach that Luck hired. Now he needs to end this god awful experiment. Luck did a good job of finding wvu a home when it was clear the Big East was toast but he sucked at hiring coaches.

Dana's on-the-field record (after the Orange Bowl season) shows absolutely no
improvement in the Mountaineer Football program. Here's my take on yesterday's
game and the environment Dana has brought to the WVU Football program.
Did you notice how the Orange coach was on the sideline?
He managed the game with his headsets - watched the game calmly and gave instructions
calmly, did not yell at players or coaches, when a player made a mistake he calmly
talked to him. Calm, cool and collected - and the team reflected his demeanor.
On the Mountaineer sideline head looked and acted harried, seemed extremely
disorganized and unsure when he was selecting plays, almost constantly yelling
looked like a bum (again).
AND the Mountaineers in their play reflected their coach's approach. They were
not ready to play. I suggest there are very, very few head coaches at our level who
don't have a second quarterback ready to play -I suggest all that make $3 million have
one ready to play - I take that back - all but one.
Players again showed through stupid penalities the undisciplined atmosphere
which IS Dana. IMHO he proved again he does not have the skills, emotional mindset
or understanding of what it takes to be a major football head coach.
And further Dana hasn't created an atmosphere of a true TEAM. Leading players
left the team - and he supported those decisions. But that's not the thrust of my comments
above - it's what went on on the field in this game.

Lyons needs to finish cleaning up Lucks mess. He fired the wrestling coach that Luck hired. Now he needs to end this god awful experiment. Luck did a good job of finding wvu a home when it was clear the Big East was toast but he sucked at hiring coaches.
good post...I agree...the baseball coach needs to go as well

Won the orange bowl first year-scores 70 on Clemson- then we leave the big east- big east is not the big 12. I think biggest mistake was trying to rebrand the recruiting map, and then taking Damon out of Miramar this broke us recruiting the area when we let him go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT