ADVERTISEMENT

Okonkwo to portal

Good luck to you.

All these underlings saw Kriisa hold WVU hostage and now they think they can do the same.

Reactions: Kassie1975
Good luck to you.

All these underlings saw Kriisa hold WVU hostage and now they think they can do the same.
Okonkwo's statement is much, much different that the others. He gives no hint that he "might return". He appears he is gone.

Okonkwo's statement is much, much different that the others. He gives no hint that he "might return". He appears he is gone.
Probably cause they told him the well is dry go enjoy your d2 team or the bench on another squad.

You might as well prepare yourself cause there will be more.

Probably cause they told him the well is dry go enjoy your d2 team or the bench on another squad.

You might as well prepare yourself cause there will be more.
If that's the case, why wasn't he told this back in April or May? Is Eilert clearing house now?

If that's the case, why wasn't he told this back in April or May? Is Eilert clearing house now?
Play your troll game with Root.

Didn't you see the ones leave only to return for more money. This tends to piss off the ones that don't get a lot of minutes. You think it's bad now, wait until they come back from Europe.

Play your troll game with Root.

Didn't you see the ones leave only to return for more money. This tends to piss off the ones that don't get a lot of minutes. You think it's bad now, wait until they come back from Europe.
Troll game? Whatever man.

I'm glad you are back to being Mr. Negative again. We missed that.

Truth is not negative. Is there anyone on this forum you haven't argued with?
Didn't know this was a popularity contest. And you are one to speak. And even admitted a few weeks back how you throw tantrums when things go south.

Who is advising these kids? Is Fairmont State looking for some bigs to fill their roster??

I thought promoting from within was the ticket to retain the roster. Guess not.

Who is advising these kids? Is Fairmont State looking for some bigs to fill their roster??

I thought promoting from within was the ticket to retain the roster. Guess not.
Get ready, this is the NCAA today. Just wait until next year, when it is time to hire a permanent coach. Gonna be another wild offseason in portal news.

Get ready, this is the NCAA today. Just wait until next year, when it is time to hire a permanent coach. Gonna be another wild offseason in portal news.
Yep. Unfortunately kicking the ball down the road likely isn’t helping the situation. I’m not sure many options would have pleased a vast majority moving on from Huggins. Certainly the way it went down. But it’s so hard for me to understand with the type of money that Huggins was receiving, and the roster as it was, that we didn’t have a more legit pool of options, regardless of the timing. Best of luck to the interim, but he’s not been set up to succeed with the interim tag.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yep. Unfortunately kicking the ball down the road likely isn’t helping the situation. I’m not sure many options would have pleased a vast majority moving on from Huggins. Certainly the way it went down. But it’s so hard for me to understand with the type of money that Huggins was receiving, and the roster as it was, that we didn’t have a more legit pool of options, regardless of the timing. Best of luck to the interim, but he’s not been set up to succeed with the interim tag.
Your option? See you in court bitch.

Once you start depending on portal players, then you are stuck with portal recruiting for your main recruits. If you rely on high school players then you get your butt kicked and players leave at the end of the year. It's no longer about the education of a student athlete.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Once you start depending on portal players, then you are stuck with portal recruiting for your main recruits. If you rely on high school players then you get your butt kicked and players leave at the end of the year. It's no longer about the education of a student athlete.
The Earth is shaking. I agree with Allen.

• Haha
Eilert won't attract major talent. Players choose based on the coach, not the college.
You are too old to understand change. Has nothing to do with “the coach” and everything to do with the amount of NIL money you can get….and recruiting the transfer portal. Think about how many freshman Huggs recruited the past two seasons compared to the transfers.

Was it ever about the education of a student-athlete? Degrees in basket weaving were made for athletes.

your boy Saban was an assistant for 16 years before he became head coach at Toledo..every head coach had to get their first job sometime
How often do they get their first job at the Power 5 level for a supposed top 25 program.?

I don't know, but I remember a high school coach became the head coach for the Notre Dame football team with no college coaching experience

The odds are against Eilert but that just sets up a great storyline. Even if he is not kept on, even modest success sets him up for a head coaching job at another school. Just another reason to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT