ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Swiss cheese defense at its worst

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Just as I feared, and warned in advance, a matchup of the Sooner nothing defense against the Bayou Boy Wonder QB should be illegal. Oh, the humanity!
Big 12 bashing will begin in full speed and there's nothing we can say to defend it.
The Hindenburg didn't burn this fast!!!!

Just as I feared, and warned in advance, a matchup of the Sooner nothing defense against the Bayou Boy Wonder QB should be illegal. Oh, the humanity!
Big 12 bashing will begin in full speed and there's nothing we can say to defend it.

Mr Obvious posts are the best.

Nobody is that surprised LSU was a double digit favorite in a semi final game that says it all.

True! No respect nationally for Big12. Im surprised they still let the Big12 champ in the playoff. Just humiliating.

Clemson has all the momentum right now. Lucky for them Ohio State was held to FG and not TD's

Greg, I thought you announced you were going to stop posting on this site. You disappoint me.
Where is your will power. Are you not a man of your word? Pitt needs you more. Go post on a Pitt site and do us all a favor.
You don’t know much. Just be a homer fanboy and go play another round of golf sir.

Atrocious defense. Hard to believe that OU team crushed Brown and co 52-14.
Well what does does that say about the Big 12 if Oklahoma won the conference? You come on here telling us how great this conference is and most people knew there were no elite teams in this conference this year. If you want to criticize browns offense for only scoring 14 points then maybe you should reciprocate by pointing out that Dana's defense gave up 59 points to Oklahoma at home last season.

Well what does does that say about the Big 12 if Oklahoma won the conference? You come on here telling us how great this conference is and most people knew there were no elite teams in this conference this year. If you want to criticize browns offense for only scoring 14 points then maybe you should reciprocate by pointing out that Dana's defense gave up 59 points to Oklahoma at home last season.

One game for teams at the end of the season doesnt say anything-- except that a couple teams have played poorly in one game-- one of which didnt matter. They began the season with the best OOC record of ecery conference.

Oklahoma played without five starters I believe-- four starting defenders and their top RB.

Add to that the acc refs had the fix in on them when they were still in the game and you get that result.

The BIG 12 though should fire all D Coordinators and hire some away from Clemson, Ohio State and a couple of B10 schools as well as several SEC schools. Theyll never win anything giving up points like OU and ISU did-- hard to understand why they cant get that.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Greg, I thought you announced you were going to stop posting on this site. You disappoint me.
Where is your will power. Are you not a man of your word? Pitt needs you more. Go post on a Pitt site and do us all a favor.

I accidentally posted that before I realized Texass wasn’t gone.

You’d miss me

True! No respect nationally for Big12. Im surprised they still let the Big12 champ in the playoff. Just humiliating.

Greg
Question for you, give me some teams at number 4 that would have matched up with LSU that they haven't beaten. I think the pickings would be pretty slim

Greg
Question for you, give me some teams at number 4 that would have matched up with LSU that they haven't beaten. I think the pickings would be pretty slim

That was never my point. LSU is a great team. But every game they played in the SEC except for Arkansas and Texas A&M were better matchups than Oklahoma was. Even Ole Miss and Miss St match up better. Then Louisville smacks Miss St around today.

My point is the obvious point to any non Big12 homer. The best team in the Big12 by far has been Oklahoma. Oklahoma would be no better than the 5th best team in the SEC and more likely the 6th or 7th best team. In my mind Oklahoma is the 10th to 14th best team in the country. Not the 4th best team.

That was never my point. LSU is a great team. But every game they played in the SEC except for Arkansas and Texas A&M were better matchups than Oklahoma was. Even Ole Miss and Miss St match up better. Then Louisville smacks Miss St around today.

My point is the obvious point to any non Big12 homer. The best team in the Big12 by far has been Oklahoma. Oklahoma would be no better than the 5th best team in the SEC and more likely the 6th or 7th best team. In my mind Oklahoma is the 10th to 14th best team in the country. Not the 4th best team.
Oh, yeah! Well, half the teams in the Big 12 can beat any team in the Pac-12!

Oh, yeah! Well, half the teams in the Big 12 can beat any team in the Pac-12!

Keep up sir. I was responding to a post about Oklahoma not being the 4th best team. My post had nothing to do with what you posted. How was your round of golf today? Did you play well?

Greg
You missed my point , i just wanted your opinion on your thoughts as the number 4 team that LSU has not beaten. Oregon ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT