ADVERTISEMENT

OK, if Battle isn't IMMEDIATELY eligible, then WV Attorney General should file lawsuit

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...cleared-play-immediately-ncaa-reverses-course

Bandaogo, a transfer from Utah Valley, had had his initial mental health waiver and appeal denied because he had transferred twice. In the face of pending litigation set to be filed Monday afternoon, the NCAA first asked for a three-hour extension and then elected to reverse course upon receiving new information from the university.

"It's been a very challenging month for me," Bandaogo said in a statement sent to ESPN. "I want to thank the University of Cincinnati, the administration, our president and athletic Director, my coaching staff and especially my Head Coach Wes Miller, for being there for me and supporting me through the hard times I have been dealing with. I'm very grateful for all the support and effort. I can't wait to officially step on the court and represent the University of Cincinnati."

The NCAA had declared its intent to crack down on waivers for two-time transfers, saying it would grant them only if "student-athletes demonstrated and adequately documented a personal need for medical or safety reasons to depart their previous school."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT