ADVERTISEMENT

OK, Done Venting... ...A Little Praise

LowFatMilk

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2012
I may have never seen a WVU team give better effort over an entire season. Impressive.

They really did do more than anybody could have reasonably expected before the season started.

People judging this team on ONE NIGHT are not "fans". They are crazy whiny babies that want everything handed to them so they can wear their $20 t-shirts and prance around town holding up #1. When you see upsets like we have this year, with teams like MSU (who were legit national title contenders) go down, anything can happen. This was a bad matchup for us considering we don't face a team like us all year and we don't have a true PG. I thought we'd win, but knew it would be a difficult game. Just didn't like the way the game ended.

People judging this team on ONE NIGHT are not "fans". They are crazy whiny babies that want everything handed to them so they can wear their $20 t-shirts and prance around town holding up #1. When you see upsets like we have this year, with teams like MSU (who were legit national title contenders) go down, anything can happen. This was a bad matchup for us considering we don't face a team like us all year and we don't have a true PG. I thought we'd win, but knew it would be a difficult game. Just didn't like the way the game ended.

lol

There's that... ...and/or we just got humiliated.

I guess more words makes it feel better.

Moron apologist

I agree, this team exceeded expectations with average talent that worked hard together. Now only 8 more months until we talk about how great the Big 12 basketball conference is.

There's that... ...and/or we just got humiliated.

I guess more words makes it feel better.

Be honest, losing this round or the next or the next, unless we would have won a title or at the very least gotten to the Final Four, people on here would have went nuts like they are now. On both ends of the spectrum. We got one side saying Huggs should go. The other side is saying SFA will go "far". Both are ridiculous statements.

I do think that this team over-achieved most of the year and should be congratulated for its success.
But that success was fools gold.
\

Be honest, losing this round or the next or the next, unless we would have won a title or at the very least gotten to the Final Four, people on here would have went nuts like they are now. On both ends of the spectrum. We got one side saying Huggs should go. The other side is saying SFA will go "far". Both are ridiculous statements.

It's the way we lost more than actually losing that has people thoroughly disgusted.

Reactions: brusand
You are judged by what you win and how you do in the postseason.

Didn't win the Big XII regular-season title. Didn't win the Big XII tournament. Lost to a 14-seed in the first round of the tournament.

If you think that's a good season then I have a participation trophy for you.

It's the way we lost more than actually losing that has people thoroughly disgusted.

It's understandable to be disgusted, but it has to be in perspective. Turnovers and points on turnovers... combined with poor shooting, you will lose every single time.

It's understandable to be disgusted, but it has to be in perspective. Turnovers and points on turnovers... combined with poor shooting, you will lose every single time.

Exactly ... that's why it is so disgusting.

It's not disgusting that we lost.
It's the way that we lost that is so disgusting.

the truest post here is, "it's the way we lost." No fight, no focus, no shooting AND piss poor passing. Indeed we
can lose and expect to. We accepted the OU loss when they were No. 1, but you damn well betcha we fought
all the way. And went into Iowa State's place and fought them and came away with a great win. Tonight? Not
ready at all.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid. This team choked on it by constantly hearing all the accolades. They were unprepared, uninspired, out motivated, out hustled, and out coached. End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT