ADVERTISEMENT

OJ Mayo......the apple sure don't fall far from the tree

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
sniff sniff....snort snort.......but then again....what is there to do in the nation's fattest , morally bankrupt town?......they ARE marshall

Weren't he and entourage partially responsible for UCLA getting probation? I know Huggins had he and Walker stashed at one of his feeder schools in Cincy before Bob got snapped shovelin' down booze after his drunk driving incident and canned at UC.

BTW, does anyone know actually how old Mayo is? He was the Thon Maker of his time. He was supposedly 14 as a 7th grader at Rose Hill, but he was said to have just turned 19 before his Sr. season at Huntington High. I'm not great at math but that doesn't add up. I know it took a last minute court order by a Cabell County judge, (imagine that), to keep him eligible and not forfeit all of Huntington's games that year. Nothing like the strange way both time and the judicial system are warped by quantum factors when it comes to elite athletes.

I wonder what happened to that White Hummer that magically appeared in front of his place his Sr. year of HS? He might need it to deliver pizzas while he sits out this season. He was a helluva player, but the shenanigans that went on around that kid were the real show from Rose Hill on.

I hope things work out for him. God knows he's been treated like a piece of meat since some basketball pimp spotted him around the age of ten and saw a possible meal ticket.

. He was supposedly 14 as a 7th grader at Rose Hill, but he was said to have just turned 19 before his Sr. season at Huntington High. I'm not great at math but that doesn't add up. .

How can wvu fans be so damn dumb?

7th grade- 14
8th grade- 15
9th grade- 16
10th grade- 17
11th grade- 18
12th grade- 19

14 as a 7th grader and 19 as a senior, exactly like you said. How does it not add up, moron?

Reactions: 30Kelly
14 years old and he was in the 7th grade????????? My grandsons are 14 and they are going to be freshmen in HS this fall. My grand daughter is 15 and will be a sophomore this year.......I entered college at Fairmont State six weeks before I turned 18........how the hell is a 14 year old still in the 7th grade?

He was said to have been 19 when he enrolled at HHS and 20 when he graduated, as he his handlers considered challenging the just introduced NBA draft entrance rules as he qualified by age. If he graduated at 20, it doesn't add up. Would Scoop Landon lie about such things?

14 years old and he was in the 7th grade????????? My grandsons are 14 and they are going to be freshmen in HS this fall. My grand daughter is 15 and will be a sophomore this year.......I entered college at Fairmont State six weeks before I turned 18........how the hell is a 14 year old still in the 7th grade?

Typical age progression:

Kindergarten - 6
1st grade - 7
2nd grade - 8
3rd grade - 9
4th grade - 10
5th grade - 11
6th grade - 12
7th grade - 13

Depending on where one's birthday falls through the year, he/she can hit the next age up before the school year ends.

I know you must have attended a one room school like Little House on The Prarie, so having a wide range of ages shouldn't be so foreign to you.

He was said to have been 19 when he enrolled at HHS and 20 when he graduated, ?

Oh, so now you're changing your original statement.

You previously said "he had just turned 19" before his senior year. "Just turning" means he would have barely been 19 at the start of his senior year. Now, you're claiming he was 20 when he graduated.

School usually starts, I believe, in September. Graduation is usually May or June. You can't have both.

I find this thread very disrespectful of HHS. With all his issues, and a brain clouded with drugs, Mayo knew better than to go to mu.

Typical age progression:

Kindergarten - 6
1st grade - 7
2nd grade - 8
3rd grade - 9
4th grade - 10
5th grade - 11
6th grade - 12
7th grade - 13

Depending on where one's birthday falls through the year, he/she can hit the next age up before the school year ends.

I know you must have attended a one room school like Little House on The Prarie, so having a wide range of ages shouldn't be so foreign to you.

Kindergarten starts at 5 in WV. depending on when you were born, it always has. (The cutoff used to be Nov. 1st, but who knows what it is now.) Mayo either took over 9, or close to 10 years to get from kindergarten to finishing 7th grade. It's one of the reasons had to go to Kentucky, he wasn't eligible for Middle School bball in WV past 6th grade.

It's hard to tell how old he is. I'm guessing 35.

OJ was born November 5, 1987, so he's 28 years old. He graduated HS in 2007, so he was 20.

Oh, and Mayo has made a little over $45MM in the last 8 years, I doubt he will be delivering pizzas. More likely he will go play in Europe.

OJ was born November 5, 1987, so he's 28 years old. He graduated HS in 2007, so he was 20.

Please tell me you aren't a Marshall fan.

If born in November of '87 and graduated in 2007 (assuming the spring like the vast majority of high school graduates), he would have been 19.

Oh, and Mayo has made a little over $45MM in the last 8 years, I doubt he will be delivering pizzas. More likely he will go play in Europe.

Just based on how he let drugs get him kicked out of the NBA he will most likely blow every penny of it in just a couple of years anyway. You're probably right about him not delivering pizza, Dominoes does drug testing on their drivers too.

Please tell me you aren't a Marshall fan.

If born in November of '87 and graduated in 2007 (assuming the spring like the vast majority of high school graduates), he would have been 19.

EER fans have issues with simple numbers, the human anatomy hasn't evolved enough for them. When we develop half toes and fingers they'll catch up.

Thank you
today's event got cancelled....2.5 inches in 4 hrs will tend to do that......next tournament is Friday and the super told me the greens will be stimping at 12.... they are going to double mow and roll them right ahead of us.....The Keswick Club....check it out...newly redesigned by Pete Dye

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT