ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Official visitors

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
West Virginia is set to host its final batch of official visitors before the dead period begins and lasts until mid-January. As is custom over the past several years, this group consists of both junior college and high school prospects that plan to enroll in January.

So far I've confirmed:

Uncommitted:
Hilliard (Oh.) Hilliard Bradley defensive end Brendan Bordner - Currently has his list down to West Virginia, Rutgers and Navy. Officially visited Rutgers last weekend and this will be the final official visit Bordner has before he announces a decision next week. West Virginia has a great chance to move to the front of the pack here with a productive visit.

Council Bluffs (Ia.) Iowa Western C.C. offensive lineman Blake Yager - Was committed to Cincinnati since May but the with the coaching turnover there elected to open the process. He already had scheduled an official visit to Morgantown even before that so this one has been trending strong in the favor of the Mountaineers for quite some time. Yager could play all five spots on the offensive line and will have four years to play three. He tells me that he plans to announce his college choice Monday at 3 p.m.

Council Bluffs (Ia.) Iowa Western C.C. cornerback Hakeem Bailey - Just popping up on the radar this week, Bailey is coming off an impressive redshirt freshman season at Iowa Western where he finished with 43 tackles and 5 interceptions. West Virginia offered earlier this week and set up this visit. He told me himself that if all things go well he will likely commit to the Mountaineers. He has three years to play three remaining.

Scooba (Miss.) East Mississippi C.C. defensive end Ezekiel Rose - Rose was just added to the list after this initial post but he has confirmed with me that he is on campus visiting Morgantown this weekend. The junior college defensive end has offers from Louisiana-Lafayette, Marshall, Southern Mississippi and several others. He has three years to play two and is coming off a 6.5 sack season. Like the others, he is an early enrollee and West Virginia just offered him a scholarship during his trip.

Committed:
Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston safety Derrek Pitts
Morgantown (W.Va.) linebacker Maverick Wolfley
Senatobia (Miss.) Northwest Mississippi C.C. defensive end Quondarius Qualls
Senatobia (Miss.) Northwest Mississippi C.C. defensive tackle Jalen Harvey

--Also keep in mind that there is always a possibility for a late addition to the list this time of the year as college coaches are out on the road. Last year you saw it with Neiko Robinson coming in late and I definitely wouldn't rule that out this year as well. All of these prospects plan to announce their decision next week or are already committed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News