ADVERTISEMENT

Not playing NC State

xgunnx

Senior
Oct 10, 2011
Morgantown, West Virginia
Will not having played NC State help The Mountaineers or hurt them? I guess we will know towards the end of the season.

But to speculate on missing a game aka data point concerning OOC games played. Also if NC State turns in a winning season which is doubtful how would it have affected WVU's SOS?

I know it's not important but I was talking about having that extra week because of the canceled game. I would have preferred WVU not having a impromptu off week because of real game experience. Which no matter how hard you try cannot be reproduced in practice.

That's when I was asked what I though about if it would affect The Mountaineers having missed that game. I honestly don't know if it's good or bad having missed a game.

Based on how each team has done, I think wvu would’ve beat NCSt by 10-14 and it of course would’ve helped our odds. But bottom line we need to make the b12 ccg and beat ou. An 11-1 wvu probably isn’t getting into cfp this year if that’s our record. Just my opinion based on how we’ve been treated before and also adding Notre Dame into the mix. If they go 11-1, they’ll get the committee vote.
But of course non of that matters unless we keep winning and if we were 12-0 we’re in.

Will not having played NC State help The Mountaineers or hurt them? I guess we will know towards the end of the season.

But to speculate on missing a game aka data point concerning OOC games played. Also if NC State turns in a winning season which is doubtful how would it have affected WVU's SOS?

I know it's not important but I was talking about having that extra week because of the canceled game. I would have preferred WVU not having a impromptu off week because of real game experience. Which no matter how hard you try cannot be reproduced in practice.

That's when I was asked what I though about if it would affect The Mountaineers having missed that game. I honestly don't know if it's good or bad having missed a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT