ADVERTISEMENT

No expansion no talks

No, I meant Nazi. All the Czars work for Obama and sit on their ass doing nothing.
You mean the republican controlled congress right? All they've done for the past 8 years is sit on their asses, or try to stop or revert all the progress Obama has made or tried to make for the American people.

Seriously what has the republican congress accomplished? Can't think of anything. They've wasted taxpayers $$ by the tens--probably hundreds of millions, tried to eliminate heathcare for Americans, blocked any attempt to stop the mass slaughter of Americans by the flooding of guns to whatever nut wants them as easy as they can be to get, haven't done a thing for jobs, the economy, taxes, healthcare, schools and education or anything else. but its Obama's fault. Yeah right (wing that is).

You mean the republican controlled congress right? All they've done for the past 8 years is sit on their asses, or try to stop or revert all the progress Obama has made or tried to make for the American people.

Seriously what has the republican congress accomplished? Can't think of anything. They've wasted taxpayers $$ by the tens--probably hundreds of millions, tried to eliminate heathcare for Americans, blocked any attempt to stop the mass slaughter of Americans by the flooding of guns to whatever nut wants them as easy as they can be to get, haven't done a thing for jobs, the economy, taxes, healthcare, schools and education or anything else. but its Obama's fault. Yeah right (wing that is).

Why doesn't it suprise me that the one person in West Virginia that is going to vote for Clinton is you!

And yet it is Obummer who has divided this country more since the civil war. Single handily allowed ISIS (you remember that so called Obummer defined Jr. League) to grow and make the world the most dangerous since the cold war.

If Reagan was president today, ISIS would be known as WASWAS.

There's no movement towards an 8 team playoff and no opener clauses in the playoff contract. In 2025 when the BIG 12 contracts expire there will still be 1 year left on the playoff deal.

First time an SEC or Big 10 team are left out of the playoffs, you will see talks and probably an increase. It may not be 8 teams but 6 is not out of the question.

And yet it is Obummer who has divided this country more since the civil war. Single handily allowed ISIS (you remember that so called Obummer defined Jr. League) to grow and make the world the most dangerous since the cold war.

If Reagan was president today, ISIS would be known as WASWAS.

Obama hasn't divided the country--hatemongers and republicans have divided the country. The majority of Americans voted for Obama and the republicans have done nothing but block each and every thing he has tried to do for the American people and the hatemongers whine, bitch scream, harass and harm anyone that supported any of those things. The economy Bush destroyed has gotten better under Obama and that is ignored by his detractors. The congress enacts laws and this congress has done nothing for 8 years but waste taxpayers money.

First time an SEC or Big 10 team are left out of the playoffs, you will see talks and probably an increase. It may not be 8 teams but 6 is not out of the question.

The Big Ten or SEC can get left out and those conferences can't make the networks, playoff organization or all the other conferences vote to expand the playoffs.

After 2026 is the earliest that is going to happen.

Obama hasn't divided the country--hatemongers and republicans have divided the country. The majority of Americans voted for Obama and the republicans have done nothing but block each and every thing he has tried to do for the American people and the hatemongers whine, bitch scream, harass and harm anyone that supported any of those things. The economy Bush destroyed has gotten better under Obama and that is ignored by his detractors. The congress enacts laws and this congress has done nothing for 8 years but waste taxpayers money.

You're a goof

That is the fact Jack. The B1G and SEC rule the College football world. The first time the SEC is left out of CFP, and ESPN AKA the SEC controlled network will demand and get a football expansion

The Big Ten or SEC can get left out and those conferences can't make the networks, playoff organization or all the other conferences vote to expand the playoffs.

After 2026 is the earliest that is going to happen.
Glad to see your post didn't say (Can't happen)

Glad to see your post didn't say (Can't happen)

Why would I say "can't happen"? I've never implied that. I've simply discussed what the playoff people have told us--tv, conference leaders and organization. They see no reason for an expanded playoff and intentionally made it so that the contract has no opener.

Since the BIG 12 contract expires prior to the 1st playoff contract, it doesn't really benefit the BIG 12 if it changes after that contract is done. Won't change getting left out multiple times if the higher ranked team loses in the rematch.

Why would I say "can't happen"? I've never implied that. I've simply discussed what the playoff people have told us--tv, conference leaders and organization. They see no reason for an expanded playoff and intentionally made it so that the contract has no opener.

Since the BIG 12 contract expires prior to the 1st playoff contract, it doesn't really benefit the BIG 12 if it changes after that contract is done. Won't change getting left out multiple times if the higher ranked team loses in the rematch.

Maybe I miss read it but uou insinuated it could not happen because there was no opener clauses in the playoff contract.

Maybe I miss read it but uou insinuated it could not happen because there was no opener clauses in the playoff contract.

and what does that mean? That means as I've mentioned before that under the current contract there is not going to be a change. I didn't say that after the current playoff contract expires a change isn't possible---it's not something anyone involved is talking about, but its possible. Before that? not going to happen.

So prior to 2026 there's nothing to improve the BIG 12s odds other than the guaranteed rematch, which might be better than status quo, but definitely is worse than what the other P5s are doing if you want to have the best chance at making playoffs.

and what does that mean? That means as I've mentioned before that under the current contract there is not going to be a change. I didn't say that after the current playoff contract expires a change isn't possible---it's not something anyone involved is talking about, but its possible. Before that? not going to happen.

So prior to 2026 there's nothing to improve the BIG 12s odds other than the guaranteed rematch, which might be better than status quo, but definitely is worse than what the other P5s are doing if you want to have the best chance at making playoffs.
You do understand that the contract is not relevant if all parties want involved want to amend the contract and to to 8 before 2026. If the SEC gets left out of the CFP, you can damn well be sure they will all start talking about it

You do understand that the contract is not relevant if all parties want involved want to amend the contract and to to 8 before 2026. If the SEC gets left out of the CFP, you can damn well be sure they will all start talking about it

You seem to have alot of issues with legal contracts. You think all of them are worthless, easily discarded and meaningless.

You also dwell in fantasies. When virtually no one is discussing any interest in such a change--and by no one I mean those that created, run and pay for it, you are talking about all of them amending the agreement because one conference gets left out. Every year one conference at least will be left out. It won't change anything, they'll just be left out.

You seem to have alot of issues with legal contracts. You think all of them are worthless, easily discarded and meaningless.

You also dwell in fantasies. When virtually no one is discussing any interest in such a change--and by no one I mean those that created, run and pay for it, you are talking about all of them amending the agreement because one conference gets left out. Every year one conference at least will be left out. It won't change anything, they'll just be left out.

I deal with contracts all the time with my clients. A contract is a frame work in which all parties agree to deal with. A contract can be legally changed If all parties agree to amend the original contract. For that matter a contract can be legally terminated if all parties agree. If you can't understand something that simple then there is really no hope for you.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I deal with contracts all the time with my clients. A contract is a frame work in which all parties agree to deal with. A contract can be legally changed If all parties agree to amend the original contract. For that matter a contract can be legally terminated if all parties agree. If you can't understand something that simple then there is really no hope for you.

Sorry not buying that you work in any "legal" capacity. You come up with lots of poorly thought out theories that are simplistic leaps at best.

Regarding your theory above, it is a hypothetical situation. In reality, those involved with running the playoff and paying for the playoff and participating in the same--all have stated they see no movement or desire to even attempt to do what you think is so easy to accomplish. So its a moot point. You want to expand the playoff but for some reason can't understand that those in charge of it DO NOT.

And they specifically put legal mechanisms in place so that the playoff can NOT be expanded through the first contract. They did that for a reason and that is they have no intention of expanding the playoff. In 2026, a year after the current BIG 12 contract has expired, a new playoff contract will begin. Until then, and maybe after we'll see a four team playoff.

Sorry not buying that you work in any "legal" capacity. You come up with lots of poorly thought out theories that are simplistic leaps at best.

Regarding your theory above, it is a hypothetical situation. In reality, those involved with running the playoff and paying for the playoff and participating in the same--all have stated they see no movement or desire to even attempt to do what you think is so easy to accomplish. So its a moot point. You want to expand the playoff but for some reason can't understand that those in charge of it DO NOT.

And they specifically put legal mechanisms in place so that the playoff can NOT be expanded through the first contract. They did that for a reason and that is they have no intention of expanding the playoff. In 2026, a year after the current BIG 12 contract has expired, a new playoff contract will begin. Until then, and maybe after we'll see a four team playoff.

You don't know shit about me or who I am or what i do, but for your smart Ass information I own two business and deal with contract negotiations all the time. While we have standard boilerplate contracts we never get one fully executed with out modifications. Many of our contracts are multi year, but if we have a client that is not happy we will make the necessary adjustment to services, or allow release them from their obligations. There are also times when a current contract does not meet changing conditions. In that case amendments are agreed upon and added to the contracts.

Unless something actually occurs. Almost everything we discuss on this board are Hypothetical. Hypothetically the BIG12 could announce expansion next week. Hypothetical the BIG12 will state further research is needed for expansion. Hypothetical, the BIG12 could announce expansion is dead.

You don't know shit about me or who I am or what i do, but for your smart Ass information I own two business and deal with contract negotiations all the time. While we have standard boilerplate contracts we never get one fully executed with out modifications. Many of our contracts are multi year, but if we have a client that is not happy we will make the necessary adjustment to services, or allow release them from their obligations. There are also times when a current contract does not meet changing conditions. In that case amendments are agreed upon and added to the contracts.

Unless something actually occurs. Almost everything we discuss on this board are Hypothetical. Hypothetically the BIG12 could announce expansion next week. Hypothetical the BIG12 will state further research is needed for expansion. Hypothetical, the BIG12 could announce expansion is dead.

Your posts reveal quite a bit about you actually.

One thing thats clear you know little about the BIG 12 or whats going on with that conference, and you may understand even less about college football in general.

Its not hypothetical that both Texas and OU have said expansion is not happening.
Its not hypothetical that Texas isn't giving up the LHN and the conference can't have a network without that.
Its not hypothetical that a guaranteed playoff rematch is a disadvantage to every other conference in making the playoff.

There are lots of "non-hypotheticals", your "hypotheticals" however are like saying the moon may drop out of the sky tomorrow. It COULD happen, but the chances of it happening are so incredibly low that its not considered rational to worry about it or even consider it.

Any contract can be litigated. It's really just a matter of the will of the parties involved.

Generally, educated parties are reasonable (although it may not appear as so to an outside viewer).

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Your posts reveal quite a bit about you actually.

One thing thats clear you know little about the BIG 12 or whats going on with that conference, and you may understand even less about college football in general.

Its not hypothetical that both Texas and OU have said expansion is not happening.
Its not hypothetical that Texas isn't giving up the LHN and the conference can't have a network without that.
Its not hypothetical that a guaranteed playoff rematch is a disadvantage to every other conference in making the playoff.

There are lots of "non-hypotheticals", your "hypotheticals" however are like saying the moon may drop out of the sky tomorrow. It COULD happen, but the chances of it happening are so incredibly low that its not considered rational to worry about it or even consider it.
Buck you need buy several cases of toilet paper, because you are always spewing shit, and have constant diarrhea of the mouth

Back in reality: The playoff isn't being renegotiated and no one involved is interested in doing that--

excerpt:
Bill Hancock: We Won’t Be Expanding Past This
July 15, 2016 9:07 AM

Why stop at four teams? Why stop at six? Why not go to eight? What fans want, fans often get. But not this time. Not now, anyway.

“I don’t see that coming,” College Football Playoff executive chairman Bill Hancock said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show, referring to expanding the playoff field. “I really don’t. There’s no talk in our group about expanding. We have a 12-year contract for the four-(team) tournament as it is. Ten more to go. There’s just no talk about expanding.”

Still, the executive committee has to be feeling some pressure to expand, right? This has been a topic of conversation as soon as the College Football Playoff was unveiled.

“Fans love it, coaches appreciate it, athletes have had good experiences so far playing in the two playoffs – it’s been a tremendous success,” Hancock said. “But we’re not really feeling (pressure) at this point. You may have to have me back on the show in year 2026 and we can talk about it again. But at this point, no, we’re not feeling pressure to expand.”

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2016/07/15/bill-hancock-we-wont-be-expanding-past-this/
Yeah, someone certainly has "diarrhea of the mouth" but that someone ISN'T ME.

There aren’t any signs that we’ll talk anymore about expansion for a little while,” Castiglione also told the site. “We don’t have a timeline on it.”

In other words ...... the issue could pop up at anytime.

I think it foolish to think there is a definitive take on expansion. It's simmering on the back burner and could be whipped up to a boil next month, next year, or even next week. It's just there sitting in the corner waiting for the right moment to jump up and say, "Here I am!"

Yawwwwwwn!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT