ADVERTISEMENT

NO END IN SIGHT: Bad news for Americans hoping for lower gas prices

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
Leftists are destroying America: Slow @moe, wrong again. Shocking.

LINK: Gas price dip is a head fake: The national average could climb back up to $4.30 per gallon or higher

Gas prices may have eased slightly from their most recent highs, but for Americans the relief isn't projected to last, according to an industry expert.

Andy Lipow, the president of Lipow Oil Associates, estimates that the rebound of gasoline futures, up over 30 cents per gallon, will end the recent pullback of pump prices. Futures contracts allow traders to anticipate price moves and demand.

"Given the significant increase in futures prices since last week, the decline in the national average price of gasoline is about to end," Lipow said. "This is bad news for the consumer as prices simply will not fall very much from their recent record levels."

On Monday crude prices jumped 7% to the $112 level. Given the rally, gasoline prices are expected to make a U-turn in the next week, Lipow said. He estimated that the national average could climb back to $4.30 per gallon. In California, some locations are nearing $6.

The ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine could squeeze prices even further due to strained supply and increased demand, according to economists.

The national average on Feb. 23, before Ukraine was invaded, notched $3.53 per gallon before steadily inclining to record highs above $4.30 a gallon, according to AAA data. While prices remain elevated, levels eased to $4.25.

8daf260db42a7cc99d06b813a0173a45.gif
images

23748046_0.jpg

It's not the price at the pump that will crush people. I mean it sucks. I am paying 60 a week for gas when I used to pay 30 at worst but I dive a gas friendly beater.

The real choke hold will be the price of everything that is shipped. Suppliers are not going to eat those price increases so expect to see 10% higher prices at the grocery store for at least a few month.

Those poor 15/hr min wage folks are fixing to learn a lesson in purchasing power.

It's not the price at the pump that will crush people. I mean it sucks. I am paying 60 a week for gas when I used to pay 30 at worst but I dive a gas friendly beater.

The real choke hold will be the price of everything that is shipped. Suppliers are not going to eat those price increases so expect to see 10% higher prices at the grocery store for at least a few month.

Those poor 15/hr min wage folks are fixing to learn a lesson in purchasing power.
It’s all a cat and mouse game. Raise the cost of living…Democrats want minimum wage increased…cost of living increases more….Democrats want another minimum wage increase. And so it goes on and on. The poor never get ahead. The middle class gets poorer. Jobs go overseas. Unemployment rate increases. The politicians get wealthier. Until people wake up, it will continue. This should be the reason people walk away from the Democrat Party. Unfortunately, there’s too many moe’s still voting.

Democrats want minimum wage increased…cost of living increases more….Democrats want another minimum wage increase. And so it goes on and on. The poor never get ahead. The middle class gets poorer.

This is what the bleaters don't get. They praise their leftist leaders for wage increase, failing to understand that business owners don't pay out more money for wages without making up the difference somewhere else.

Get control of companies hiring illegal foreign nationals and illegal foreign nationals crossing our borders illegally. The private market and competition for qualified workers will dictate wages.

The government dictating wages is like a dog chasing its tail. Just political nonsense for the sheep who think the government is working for them, when it is actually destroying them and their freedoms.

Last edited:
This is what the bleaters don't get. They praise their leftist leaders for wage increase, failing to understand that business owners don't pay out more money for wages without making up the difference somewhere else.

Get control of companies hiring illegal foreign nationals and illegal foreign nationals crossing our borders illegally. The private market and competition for qualified workers will dictate wages.

The government dictating wages is like a dog chasing its tail. Just political nonsense for the sheep who think the government is woorking for them, when it is actually destroying them and their freedoms.
15 dollar minimum wage has bought us self checkout at retailers. Less available stock on shelves.

The only way retailers stay open is to either raise prices to cover higher labor costs or to limit labor costs by cutting shifts out of a schedule and offering less service.

Competition assures lower prices and assures less services.

At the end of the day the customer bears the brunt of the changes.

15 dollar minimum wage has bought us self checkout at retailers. Less available stock on shelves.

The only way retailers stay open is to either raise prices to cover higher labor costs or to limit labor costs by cutting shifts out of a schedule and offering less service.

100%

It just boggles my mind that bleaters can't see this and keep voting for leftists.

It’s amazing this rather simple logic doesn’t seem to register in American minds. I will always say, the key to saving our economy isn’t increased minimum wage. It’s eliminating minimum wage. The single biggest FDR blunder and the reason this country is in the mess it is. You look at every aspect of failures in this country, it all comes back to the government overreach of mandating minimum wage. Irony is, without it, we’d probably not have ghettos, crime, homelessness, unemployment, drug use, you name it.

100%

It just boggles my mind that bleaters can't see this and keep voting for leftists.

The only thing about Leftists that surpasses their supreme arrogance is their unmitigated ignorance when it comes to basic economics.

Reactions: 30CAT
The only thing about Leftists that surpasses their supreme arrogance is their unmitigated ignorance when it comes to basic economics.
The Democrats in DC understand it. Their goal isn’t to improve American lives. It’s to enrich themselves and fundamentally change America. Obama even said that. The leftists who don’t understand basic economics are the idiots like moe and every Democrat voter in America.

The Democrats in DC understand it. Their goal isn’t to improve American lives. It’s to enrich themselves and fundamentally change America. Obama even said that. The leftists who don’t understand basic economics are the idiots like moe and every Democrat voter in America.

You have to be economically illiterate to think taxing wealthy folks more makes poor folks richer.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
You have to be economically illiterate to think taxing wealthy folks more makes poor folks richer.
As my favorite conservative commentator used to say: " Conservatives think. Liberals feel"

Miss ya Rush.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT