ADVERTISEMENT

Nietzsche is stll dead, but he got this right while he was here.

PriddyBoy

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Highlawn
07Q7t40.jpg

I take it you fully understand the historical and political context of the quote. Or else why would you post it, right?
Did I take him OUT of context? Sorry, not sure this is allowed, but I'll update his quote just for you.

"The 19th Century precursor to today's liberalism is the transformation of mankind into cattle." - Nietzsche's Ghost

"I'm a Ghost?" - Nietzsche

Did I take him OUT of context? Sorry, not sure this is allowed, but I'll update his quote just for you.

"The 19th Century precursor to today's liberalism is the transformation of mankind into cattle." - Nietzsche's Ghost

"I'm a Ghost?" - Nietzsche
He was scared of social equality....great thinker, but he saw himself as "better" and believed social stratification filtered people into the "level" they deserved.

He was scared of social equality....great thinker, but he saw himself as "better" and believed social stratification filtered people into the "level" they deserved.
I think his point still stands depending on how you define his terms by today's verbiage. I realize you're trying to make some sort of counter point, but keep in mind that while life may be malleable, it is not controllable outside of the lab. The meaning of Nacho's quote has pretty much been debated to an impasse, but let's make MMB history and solve what the dead atheist was thinking.

I think his point still stands depending on how you define his terms by today's verbiage. I realize you're trying to make some sort of counter point, but keep in mind that while life may be malleable, it is not controllable outside of the lab. The meaning of Nacho's quote has pretty much been debated to an impasse, but let's make MMB history and solve what the dead atheist was thinking.
Not trying to dissect his outdated quote is fine by me, but how about let's not use it to make a statement on a modern political and social ideology then. Next you'll be posting a quote from Lincoln about the greatness of the Republican Party.

but how about let's not use it to make a statement on a modern political and social ideology then.
I believe these particular words as presented in the OP are apropos to modern political and social ideology. Until you libs figure out a way to codify thought, I'll exercise my rights.

I believe these particular words as presented in the OP are apropos to modern political and social ideology. Until you libs figure out a way to codify thought, I'll exercise my rights.
Sure. Everyone has a right to ignorance. I excercise it daily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT