ADVERTISEMENT

Nice game

Marine03

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2012
Last night, I caught the second half and WVU looked pretty good. Your press is something I enjoy watching. And this isn't a knock but Baylor did not look like a clear number 1, but they were ranked 1 so congrats on knocking them off.

Last night, I caught the second half and WVU looked pretty good. Your press is something I enjoy watching. And this isn't a knock but Baylor did not look like a clear number 1, but they were ranked 1 so congrats on knocking them off.
A good win for the Cousins to be sure, ball hawked the poor ole Bears! I laughed when I saw the that BU was 6 point dog as the supposed #1 team in the county...the boys in Vegas know the pretenders from the contenders!

29 turnovers.

About 5 of them were travelling calls within the first couple of minutes.

Coliseum was about as loud as I've heard it since Belein's team hosted UCLA.

They are huge. They've got those 7 footers and pack them underneath in that zone.

They've beaten Louisville, Michigan State and Xavier this year, so the #1 ranking didn't come by accident. But we did what we do. We pressed and pressured and took them out of their game. We also hit some shots when we needed to and never let them get any kind of run going.

Jevon Carter played about as good a game as I've seen him play both offensively and defensively.

Having said all that ... they were ranked #1, but they are far from the best team in the country.

They are huge. They've got those 7 footers and pack them underneath in that zone.

They've beaten Louisville, Michigan State and Xavier this year, so the #1 ranking didn't come by accident. But we did what we do. We pressed and pressured and took them out of their game. We also hit some shots when we needed to and never let them get any kind of run going.

Jevon Carter played about as good a game as I've seen him play both offensively and defensively.

Having said all that ... they were ranked #1, but they are far from the best team in the country.
Add Oregon as well. They've had some impressive wins

From what I've seen this year, the NCAA Championship Banner will rest in one of two places when the smoke clears...Los Angeles or Lexington! Better chance of it ending up in Morgantown than Waco.

Unfortunately I don't get to see as many other games as you do. I go to our games and then watch them on DVR afterwards sometime. And then I watch the away games ... besides that, I'm actually busier than it seems. I just carve out time for the games. My son is on the HS swim team and the other boys have their things and I do some volunteer work, so I have to mostly go on what I hear.

From what I hear, it sounds like you're right on with your assessment (which you usually are), but so far it seems like it's pretty open this year. We might be an Elite 8 team this year, but I think we lack the one consistent scorer that it seems you need to go really deep. On the other hand, we have 8-9 guys that could go for double digits any night so you can't just take one person away.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Watkins this year, and Konate keeps getting better and better. That kid is a beast.

Unfortunately I don't get to see as many other games as you do. I go to our games and then watch them on DVR afterwards sometime. And then I watch the away games ... besides that, I'm actually busier than it seems. I just carve out time for the games. My son is on the HS swim team and the other boys have their things and I do some volunteer work, so I have to mostly go on what I hear.

From what I hear, it sounds like you're right on with your assessment (which you usually are), but so far it seems like it's pretty open this year. We might be an Elite 8 team this year, but I think we lack the one consistent scorer that it seems you need to go really deep. On the other hand, we have 8-9 guys that could go for double digits any night so you can't just take one person away.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Watkins this year, and Konate keeps getting better and better. That kid is a beast.
I totally agree WVU will be a threat to go deep in the tournament and I wholehearted believe nobody would be anxious to draw the Mounties!

I totally agree WVU will be a threat to go deep in the tournament and I wholehearted believe nobody would be anxious to draw the Mounties!

We can very easily lose early too.

I think we still only shot 50% from the line last night ... that shit is going to end up killing us at some point.

We can very easily lose early too.

I think we still only shot 50% from the line last night ... that shit is going to end up killing us at some point.
Shooting the ball = Mounties fatal flaw! But you boys bring that damn defense every night.

........... we have 8-9 guys that could go for double digits any night so you can't just take one person away.
...........I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Watkins this year, and Konate keeps getting better and better. That kid is a beast.

Not many teams have the kind of depth that Huggins has built into this team. Probably out of necessity because of the amount of fouls that come with the constant full court press. I'm not certain but I don't think we've had anyone foul out of a game yet, which is amazing considering how aggressively WVU plays defense, and that could only happen with a deep bench.

As for Konate, he has been impressive and is still learning. I can't wait to see what he's going to be like after a couple of more years of Huggins coaching him up. I just hope he stays for 4 years instead of bailing out early.

Not many teams have the kind of depth that Huggins has built into this team. Probably out of necessity because of the amount of fouls that come with the constant full court press. I'm not certain but I don't think we've had anyone foul out of a game yet, which is amazing considering how aggressively WVU plays defense, and that could only happen with a deep bench.

As for Konate, he has been impressive and is still learning. I can't wait to see what he's going to be like after a couple of more years of Huggins coaching him up. I just hope he stays for 4 years instead of bailing out early.

Well, this touches on a couple areas where we ARE significantly better than last year. Our press is just as effective, but we foul much much less.

Also, nobody has mentioned the turnovers. We turned the ball over ourselves a lot last year and we aren't doing much of that this year.

Well, this touches on a couple areas where we ARE significantly better than last year. Our press is just as effective, but we foul much much less.

Also, nobody has mentioned the turnovers. We turned the ball over ourselves a lot last year and we aren't doing much of that this year.
offense more efficient, also. this team is head and shoulders better than last year all the way around. if they stay healthy, they'll make a deep run in the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT