ADVERTISEMENT

New York City is a shit hole

@NYC_Eer

Better than the holler, and again, one more time for the dumbasses on here w/ no memory, I don't live there any more.

Stick to weird religious posts that are widely mocked. You're much better at those.

I don't live in Atlanta either...truth be told some parts of it are sh*tholes I wouldn't want to live in! (especially the parts run by Democrats) However I'm proud of how dynamic a city it remains, proud of how folks are flocking here, (great real estate bargains) proud of our quality of life and relatively low cost of living compared to other large metro areas. Wonder why folks who live near New York city can't brag about the same things? 🤔
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 30CAT
Better than the holler, and again, one more time for the dumbasses on here w/ no memory, I don't live there any more.

Stick to weird religious posts that are widely mocked. You're much better at those.
You use to live in westchester. Still?

Groomer_Eer had to stop in the pot capital of the lower 48 to get Halloween candy for the kiddies next fall.

• Haha
Those "shit holes" NY and CA make up about 25% of our GDP and spread their tax dollars all over the country. You patriots shouldn't be rooting too hard for their failure as they pay a big portion of that DoD budget and getting those roads built.

Those "shit holes" NY and CA make up about 25% of our GDP and spread their tax dollars all over the country. You patriots shouldn't be rooting too hard for their failure as they pay a big portion of that DoD budget and getting those roads built.
Don't believe no one is rooting for there failure. I believe people are pointing out the failures of the "NEW" Democrat party and where it is taking those once great states. Big business are leaving them in droves, people is leaving and in turn tax base is going. How much more can they take ? Time will tell ...

Don't believe no one is rooting for there failure. I believe people are pointing out the failures of the "NEW" Democrat party and where it is taking those once great states. Big business are leaving them in droves, people is leaving and in turn tax base is going. How much more can they take ? Time will tell ...
Democrats have run NY since forever. Not a new development. Obvious that many look to score points at any turn and revel in it. Same time fail to recognize that states run by "their side" have the same problems and always have. New Yorkers get a .75 cent return on their federal tax dollar whereas a GOP run state like WV get $3. Yet, NY is "failing" and the commies.

Democrats have run NY since forever. Not a new development. Obvious that many look to score points at any turn and revel in it. Same time fail to recognize that states run by "their side" have the same problems and always have. New Yorkers get a .75 cent return on their federal tax dollar whereas a GOP run state like WV get $3. Yet, NY is "failing" and the commies.

You can run on the same policies for decades until they eventually fail. So long as the sheep keep feeding it. normal people will leave in droves. Even the super wealthy are getting the hell out of California for the same reasons in Liberal New York. Keep the unpaid wars going so the Government can over spend.

You can run on the same policies for decades until they eventually fail. So long as the sheep keep feeding it. normal people will leave in droves. Even the super wealthy are getting the hell out of California for the same reasons in Liberal New York. Keep the unpaid wars going so the Government can over spend.
Biggest pop shift is Baby Boomers moving into retirement and into better climates and cheaper cost of living. Trust me, "shit hole" characterization can be applied throughout GOP run states and locales. Not really additive terminology though.

My post clearly stated that new school Democrats is a totally different animal than old school.
WV has only been purple for 10 years .... now red ..... why didn't WV do better the previous 100 years under Democrat leadership?

Biggest pop shift is Baby Boomers moving into retirement and into better climates and cheaper cost of living. Trust me, "shit hole" characterization can be applied throughout GOP run states and locales. Not really additive terminology though.
There is a reason why you find in most major American cities crime is rampant, poverty is generational, blight is insidious, and people are moving away. That reason is failed Democrat policies and leadership, usually for decades!

Name a major American city where these issues have existed for decades with Republicans in charge? You cannot. If you'd like me to post the list of Democrat run cities with the same characteristics, I'd run out of space for a 1 page post. :rolleyes:

The "everybody does it" defense doesn't apply here.

Last edited:
Reactions: spartansstink
Not exactly

excerpt:
The seven most populous states, California, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Ohio are also the seven biggest contributors to U.S. GDP, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. Yet, California is way ahead of the competition as far as per-capita contribution goes. While 12 percent of Americans live in California, the state contributed 14.8 percent to GDP in 2021. New York state, where 6 percent of Americans live, had a share of 7.7 percent of GDP in 2020. Florida, which has a 6.6 percent share of population, only contributed 5.2 percent of GDP. As far as regions go, the Southeast, including populous states Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, contributed the biggest share of just over a fifth to U.S. GDP.

* plus you add in the fact the lower taxed States subsidize the tax breaks folks in Cali and New York get due to their larger property tax exemptions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Christian had to Google additive.

I went into Manhattan last night with the kids for the BET Championship and had a great time. Not one issue.

This is false.

No state should be getting a "return on their federal tax dollars".

NYC is still a shithole.
Like all big cities, New York it has its good areas, so-so areas, and bad areas to avoid. Fact is most folks who live there HAVE to live there because of a job, sometimes Family, or they're young and seeking to establish themselves in new careers. Older, more affluent, or established folks unless they're tied to or running a business, don't choose to live there. Folks who have a choice, usually leave. Not as many folks are moving there as there are folks moving out.

I have relatives who live in Mt. Vernon...which is a little Northeast of the main city. It's OK for them, but whenever they visit Atlanta I always get the promise from them that as soon as they can sell their house, they're moving here. Everything I just said about NYC also applies to Atlanta, except there are a Hell of a lot more folks moving here than leaving.

I can promise you from a working man's stand point NYC is a shit hole . Unfortunately every state has them ... NYC just has more assholes.... upstate is absolutely amazing.
I'll back that upstate remark! It's a whole other world over in Western New York (State) and the Niagara Frontier. Canada is right across the Lake...Parks are beautiful, and one of the 7 Natural wonders of the world is just a 15 minute drive from downtown Buffalo!

Niagara Falls
iu

I'll back that upstate remark! It's a whole other world over in Western New York (State) and the Niagara Frontier. Canada is right across the Lake...Parks are beautiful, and one of the 7 Natural wonders of the world is just a 15 minute drive from downtown Buffalo!

Niagara Falls
iu
Niagara falls is absolutely gorgeous.
I'm talking about the general population of upstate. I spent 18 months in Plattsburgh and it is completely gorgeous, the people are friendly ....nothing bad could be said about it . I've spent time all around NY and as long as it's 100 miles from the city it's all good even Binghamton is good

Reactions: atlkvb
Niagara falls is absolutely gorgeous.
I'm talking about the general population of upstate. I spent 18 months in Plattsburgh and it is completely gorgeous, the people are friendly ....nothing bad could be said about it . I've spent time all around NY and as long as it's 100 miles from the city it's all good even Binghamton is good
Yeah it's funny how lots of folks "upstate" don't even think of NYC as part of New York State! It's like there's New York State, then New York city...almost like a separate State! :joy:

One of the things I remember most from my time growing up in Western New York was the views you get on a clear day from the observation deck on top of Buffalo City Hall. You can clearly see the "mist" from the Falls up there, and on a clear day, you can see planes landing at Buffalo/Niagara Int'l airport 15 miles away from up there!

Fabulous views.

backside-of-the-building.jpg

Buffalo City Hall is an incredible Art Deco skyscraper. Sitting on the building's 28th floor, the observation deck offers 360-degree views of Buffalo from approximately 300 feet above the streets below. Even cooler, on a clear day, you can see the mist from Niagara Falls and the skyline of the Canadian side of the border more than 16 miles away

GettyImages-845722336.jpg

All along the observation deck, you'll find informative pictures that label and point out which buildings and landmarks you're seeing before you, helpful signage to anyone that's unfamiliar with Buffalo or a first-time visitor of our city.
downtown-buffalo-from.jpg

lake-erie-from-the-observation.jpg

...you'll also have never-ending views of Lake Erie that will leave you absolutely mesmerized.

iu

iu

iu

Buffalo skyline with city Hall in foreground
iu

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtrasheer
Greeters sometimes do. Must be hard to swallow when the people that walk into Tractor Supply make more than you.

yes. Some companies pay more than others. Just the life of working for big corporate.

yes. Some companies pay more than others. Just the life of working for big corporate.
That is the first time I've ever heard someone who makes $15/hr and whose job it is to say, "Hello, welcome to Tractor Supply can I point you to the feed section" say they work for big corporate.

Certainly won't get you laid obviously, but if it helps you sleep at night go for it. Probably works better having your Mom make you a warm glass of milk before she says nighty night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT