ADVERTISEMENT

New WVU coaches trying to flip Pitt commit Nick Malone the offensive lineman from Morgantown High

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Maybe Neal Brown can flip Nick Malone the Morgantown High 6-5 280 offensive tackle committed to Pitt. WVU and Neal Brown trying to flip him. This kid was good enough and dumbass Dana didn’t even offer him. He is athletic bigman on basketball team as well. Good athlete. We need him. Good upside.

Neal Brown probably gets Dwayne Grantham here one way or another. Dana and Gibson were dumb and dumber. Gibson couldn’t even recruit his own state. He always was a terrible joke of a coach. Who didn’t know that?

Pride is a terrible evaluator of talent.

From what I see Malone doesn't have the wingspan to play OT.
You need players who are long.

Malone could end up playing on the inside but he doesn't have the overall size yet.

He is a project as a RG or LG.

You want those players coming in at 320-350.
Then you slim them down. Easier to shed weight than build it.

Maybe Neal Brown can flip Nick Malone the Morgantown High 6-5 280 offensive tackle committed to Pitt. WVU and Neal Brown trying to flip him. This kid was good enough and dumbass Dana didn’t even offer him. He is athletic bigman on basketball team as well. Good athlete. We need him. Good upside.

Neal Brown probably gets Dwayne Grantham here one way or another. Dana and Gibson were dumb and dumber. Gibson couldn’t even recruit his own state. He always was a terrible joke of a coach. Who didn’t know that?

Is this the Nick Malone you are talking about offers from Pitt,Robert Morris and Eastern Kentucky and Pitt maybe wouldnt let him sign in December?

Lhope we get him and he develops into an AllAmerican , shame on Pitt

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
He is projected to be a Guard.
What Pride is saying could actually be true.

Like I said. He is a 2-3 year project. Needs to RS. He is OL depth.
It is always good to sign at least 4-6 OL a year.

Pride is a terrible evaluator of talent.

From what I see Malone doesn't have the wingspan to play OT.
You need players who are long.

Malone could end up playing on the inside but he doesn't have the overall size yet.

He is a project as a RG or LG.

You want those players coming in at 320-350.
Then you slim them down. Easier to shed weight than build it

This is not true. How many 17/18 year old high school lineman do you see walking in on day 1 weighing 320+? That's absurd.

This is not true. How many 17/18 year old high school lineman do you see walking in on day 1 weighing 320+? That's absurd.

Ones that can play at a young age are.

The rest are 2-3 year projects unless they can play OT.
Ideally you want your OT's to have longer frames. At times you have to make due with what you have and use interior linemen at OT.

If you look at the top OL recruits.
Except those who are slated to play center.

You will one of these two traits or both
A) Long wingspan
B) 310+
Sometimes both.

The ones who have short wingspans and that don't have size are considered to be projects.
Nothing wrong with those OL. Those are the ones who are slated to play inside once they can get in a S&C program.

#pitttroll. Really sad a fan of any team has enough time to troll this much. It's so pathetic it's like you're trolling yourself buddy.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
I am only one here talking WV sports. LOL. The rest of you are lowlife NFL fans that want to talk about drugs, strip clubs and prositutes. Most of you are thugs. LOL. Jealous because I am a WV fan. I loved WV more than anyone else has. If you want to do what I did for WV then you can question my love for WV.

I have three words of advance for you Pride.

Drink more Milk and smoke Less Crack.

Milk does the body good. Not crack.

Use the other white substance.

Pitt slow played him signing day. That’s why he didn’t sign. They’re in other kids that haven’t made up their mind. It wouldn’t be a flip and WVU should have no problem if they want this 2 star.

Pitt slow played him signing day. That’s why he didn’t sign. They’re in other kids that haven’t made up their mind. It wouldn’t be a flip and WVU should have no problem if they want this 2 star.

He is still a OL.
If he was at a position that people could evaluate easier that would be true.

Don't know Pitt's situation with their OLine and commits.
Unless you are absolutely sure the kid doesn't have the work ethic to play OLine I would never be so quick to chase off Offensive Linemen.

I would even take 3 PWO OL every day over a 4 star at another position.

He is still a OL.
If he was at a position that people could evaluate easier that would be true.

Don't know Pitt's situation with their OLine and commits.
Unless you are absolutely sure the kid doesn't have the work ethic to play OLine I would never be so quick to chase off Offensive Linemen.

I would even take 3 PWO OL every day over a 4 star at another position.

Just posted what I know Tex. Not sure why or details but I’ve been told Pitt was on a couple other lineman. I would assume WVU would be his dream offer like a kid in Austin getting an offer from Texas. He would have to take that offer if Brown and staff offered

If you look at the top OL recruits.
Except those who are slated to play center.

You will one of these two traits or both
A) Long wingspan
B) 310+
Sometimes both.

The ones who have short wingspans and that don't have size are considered to be projects.
Nothing wrong with those OL. Those are the ones who are slated to play inside once they can get in a S&C program.

The prototype Chryst looked for when he was at Pitt and now Wisconsin was minimum 6’5” and minimum 270lbs. 6’6” 280lbs was really what he liked coming out of high school. Then you have the TEs like Brian O’Neil that was a 6’5” 250lbs TE that developed into a great OT

Just posted what I know Tex. Not sure why or details but I’ve been told Pitt was on a couple other lineman. I would assume WVU would be his dream offer like a kid in Austin getting an offer from Texas. He would have to take that offer if Brown and staff offered

I see that Pitt only has 2 signed.
Don't know his story. Don't know how many OLine Pitt needs.

Maybe they are going for Grad Transfers.

Would think they want to sign at least 4.

The prototype Chryst looked for when he was at Pitt and now Wisconsin was minimum 6’5” and minimum 270lbs. 6’6” 280lbs was really what he liked coming out of high school. Then you have the TEs like Brian O’Neil that was a 6’5” 250lbs TE that developed into a great OT

With a wingspan.
Wingspan is more important than height.

Lateral movement and wingspan.

Slow feet and short arms make for OG

Townsvansandt he has upside. He plays basketball and moves well for a big boy. Legit 6-4 to 6-5 and big, nimble, quick. They will bring in offensive lineman from out of state every year that suck. We need to keep Malone. He’s good enough. Redshirt him and he will end up playing here.

Plenty. But that’s anywhere. I just want the good ones and there is plenty we need to keep every year. It will build more depth and talent. Always recruit your state kids hard. Identify, evaluate and go hard after them.

Townsvansandt he has upside. He plays basketball and moves well for a big boy. Legit 6-4 to 6-5 and big, nimble, quick. They will bring in offensive lineman from out of state every year that suck. We need to keep Malone. He’s good enough. Redshirt him and he will end up playing here.

But.....

It comes down to your new OLine coach.

Not all OLines are created the same.

Truthfully I see more of the Big XII schools going with size but ones with length on the edge.

Cajuste is a perfect example.

Oklahoma has done an excellent job.
Texas is trying to do the same with their new OLine coach.
They want the big boys. Ones who can man block and collapse a DL.

Don't know the full story but WV should get the JUCO player Oklahoma kicked off the team.
He is like 6-6 320.
Tramonda Moore

Townsvansandt all we need is a little better defense, less fluke injuries and a real head coach like Neal Brown. 5 of our top 6 LBs were all out for the year with injuries or we win the Big 12.

Also now that we have a real head coach we will grow and get better as a program again. Neal Brown just needs a good QB and were in business to contest for a Big 12 title again. Oklahoma, Texas, WVU are top programs in Big 12. If Neal Brown was coaching WVU the last 3 years we win Big 12 maybe 2 times but definitely at least 1 time.

You need the defense first.

You have to wait for the DEs. Like I have said before.
Gibson's 3-3-5 called for 3 DL but the 4th DL should have been a LB when needed.

Vic Koenning D is similar to Gary Patterson.
You have 2 Interior DL but your DE's.
Are either speed guys or you put run stuffers.

In the Big XII you need speed guys.
Because you need a pass rush and you need.to defend teams stretching you laterally.

I think Stewart can play the Backer. The 5th DB that is used to stop the run.
He is ideal for that position but you don't have the DEs.

Unless you can get grad transfers or JUCOs.

Look how many DEs were awarded all conference with Troy.

It is because it is the most important position on your new D.

Our defense improves day 1 now that we have real coaching staff. All Neal Brown needs is a QB to step up or transfer in. We got a real coach now. The pee wee staff is gone.

Our defense improves day 1 now that we have real coaching staff. All Neal Brown needs is a QB to step up or transfer in. We got a real coach now. The pee wee staff is gone.

50% of defense is schemes
50% of defense is players who fit those schemes.

Texas had to use square pegs in round holes the last two years.

You saw in the Sugar Bowl a player who will probably end up All Big XII next year in Joseph Ossai step into his role as a true freshman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT