May 29, 2001
and it only gets better...

ClUnDliWEAIWJ59.jpg

ClUnKiJWEAAwcql.jpg

ClUnP0OWgAAVwqP.jpg

ClUnWo0WQAAtRaB.jpg

ClUngSkWgAAZjpN.jpg

ClUnswFWEAAREiB.jpg

1) that setting is awful. The trailers, beat-up house, awful landscaping . . . it looks like the location of Marshall's old baseball field at The Heights.

Do they plan on doing anything to that hillside? Even a much bigger mesh screen along the light poles would be much improved then having that view.

2) how long is the field? At first, it looked like there was no other space for workouts besides the one field (which is awful for a practice field with nowhere close to go). Then, in one pic, I noticed a set of uprights facing the other way, so there is another very small field at the end of the main field. How long is the main field? It doesn't appear to be a full field with end zones in pics.

1) that setting is awful. The trailers, beat-up house, awful landscaping . . . it looks like the location of Marshall's old baseball field at The Heights.

Do they plan on doing anything to that hillside? Even a much bigger mesh screen along the light poles would be much improved then having that view.

2) how long is the field? At first, it looked like there was no other space for workouts besides the one field (which is awful for a practice field with nowhere close to go). Then, in one pic, I noticed a set of uprights facing the other way, so there is another very small field at the end of the main field. How long is the main field? It doesn't appear to be a full field with end zones in pics.

Ok...show us Marshlas baseball stadium and how cool and perfectl it is. LOL

Last edited:

Somebody is mad that he had to settle for Marshall

I thought the party line from your side was that nobody cared about baseball. Now, you want to compare facilities between baseball and football? Brilliant.
No, I wanted to point out how stupid you look for trying to crap on one of our new facilities when you don't even have some facilities. Now go get some facilities so we can laugh at them....

Reactions: 30CAT
No, I wanted to point out how stupid you look for trying to crap on one of our new facilities when you don't even have some facilities. Now go get some facilities so we can laugh at them....

I can't see the convo because I have MichHerd and his multiple accounts blocked, but it is pretty funny to just read you guys making fun of him without the annoyance of him trying to tell us how rich he is.

I can't see the convo because I have MichHerd and his multiple accounts blocked, but it is pretty funny to just read you guys making fun of him without the annoyance of him trying to tell us how rich he is.
What's really funny, Brandon, is your twitter account and XXXL wife.

I wasn't crapping on it. I was asking legitimate questions about its size and hoping/asking if there were plans to simply make a small adjustment to make a big difference. You have to admit, that area isn't aesthetically pleasing. A cheap and easy fix could alleviate that eyesore.

Then, again, we are talking about the university that prides itself on coonskin hats and mullets, so maybe aesthetics is the wrong angle to take with you.

We have the entire WV General Fund at our disposal but why just piss money away?
Do you really think that the state of West Virginia will finance every little thing for your athletic program for the foreseeable future? Living in a fantasy world is not healthy Tony.

Do you really think that the state of West Virginia will finance every little thing for your athletic program for the foreseeable future? Living in a fantasy world is not healthy Tony.
I have to go by their track record...they've funded everything we've asked for but most lucid MU people want the Football team to practice at the stadium!

I have to go by their track record...they've funded everything we've asked for but most lucid MU people want the Football team to practice at the stadium!
There is only so long that they will continue throwing money into the black hole that is your athletic budget.

....but the good news is we don't want a redundant football practice field! Have a nice field in place at the stadium!

Yep, and that's new too. It appears we're the new bustling city on the lake, and you're East St. Louis. Silk purse v Sow's ear..... 12 v 0.... 35mm v 200k... sorry, I couldn't resist.

Why put the extra wear and tear on the expensive game turf? Especially if you can afford a practice field?
They can store the practice equipment for use outside and indoor. It makes sense and frees up space in the puskar center to make S&C facilities better. Why have shitloads of money when you dont buy nice things?

Good point. If you make most of those guys go far to practice who knows how many crimes they commit. Might see the gays kissing.

Is that a grass or turf field? If the latter, do you guys have a grass practice field?
It's turf . The practice field is full length . There is an additional half field as well. The pictures do not do justice . I know the coaches are very happy not being in the stadium for practice.

And by "we" you mean the taxpayers of WV.
That's how things work. I realize, that a little guy like yourself who draws out destinations for cone drops with a box of crayolas doesn't comprehend much, but this is how the system works. I'm currently paying my fair share for a relatively new Gull Lake High School. I have no interest in that school, have no kids in the school, don't watch their athletic events, but yet, I have to pay an annual millage for the school. If you don't like the system, move to Venezuela.

It's turf . The practice field is full length . There is an additional half field as well. The pictures do not do justice . I know the coaches are very happy not being in the stadium for practice.

Do you guys have a grass practice field at all? Most head coaches want the option to practice on turf or grass depending on the surface of that week's game. Without looking into it, I believe a handful of big 12 schools (Iowa State, Oklahoma, TCU) have natural grass which usually calls for different types of spikes to be worn than some field turf. I want my guys practicing that week in the type of spikes they will play in for the game and on similar surface. Add to it your annual game at FedEx field and it's possible that three or four of your games will be played on grass.

I know that level of thinking, which most head coaches are capable of foreshadowing, is beyond your drunk coach's ability. But, a competent AD should be able to recognize that future issue.

Do you guys have a grass practice field at all? Most head coaches want the option to practice on turf or grass depending on the surface of that week's game. Without looking into it, I believe a handful of big 12 schools (Iowa State, Oklahoma, TCU) have natural grass which usually calls for different types of spikes to be worn than some field turf. I want my guys practicing that week in the type of spikes they will play in for the game and on similar surface. Add to it your annual game at FedEx field and it's possible that three or four of your games will be played on grass.

I know that level of thinking, which most head coaches are capable of foreshadowing, is beyond your drunk coach's ability. But, a competent AD should be able to recognize that future issue.
No on the grass practice field . We did have one but it was pretty much destroyed after fall camp . For as long as I can remember and under 3 different head coaches we have practiced on the turf at the stadium even in weeks we played on grass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT