ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE New JUCO offer talks West Virginia, latest

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Decatur (Miss.) East Central C.C. cornerback Desmond Williams told me that he has been in touch with West Virginia for the past few months but things have really turned up lately and he received a scholarship offer after talking with co-defensive coordinator ShaDon Brown. It's just the latest of several for Williams which includes Tennessee and Houston, while many others are showing him a lot of interest right now. He is coming off a standout campaign where he has 42 tackles and 7 interceptions in 9 games which undoubtedly is catching the eyes of college programs all over. Williams told me that he really liked getting to talk with Brown and he seems like a good coach, while he likes the people in the Mountaineers football program. The Georgia native is being targeted in large part because of his athleticism and playmaking ability and would obviously fill a need for West Virginia. He has two years left, which could be three with the COVID-19 year, and will graduate in December. He told me he is still sorting out where he will visit but the Mountaineers certainly have his attention right now after jumping into the mix. I expect a lot more offers to come his way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News