ADVERTISEMENT

New Hires & Recruiting

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
With the 2020 class soon behind us, focus is mainly shifted to 2021, do we have any ideas on who the new assistants was targeting at PSU & OleMiss?? Players that may switch primary interests?

Gerad Parker had a decent impact on PSU's class last year, so its good to see Brown hired someone who can help schematically & increase overall talent level..

Curious if Gerads first year, Brown will still be heavily involved with the offense, as a way to become familiar with Parker, then Parker will take over in year 2... Im glad he hired someone with varying coaching tree experience, diversity of perspective is a good thing... Helps reduce offensive predictability..

Just hope and pray Gamble signs, and our OL make steady improvements in the offseason, or its all for not... We gotta improve OL play, but we gotta diversify the blocking schemes too. I didnt see much outside Zone/Stretch schemes this year, which is surprising given its ability to help create space for an RB, not requiring Brute strength.. 49er's & Vikings would be two excellent film studies, but we saw this in the CFP too.. Spav didnt run it much either, other then vs Texas, I suppose its just not a part of the spread concept, but versatility is key to success, and I despise when OC's identify themselves schematically. Optimal offenses are versatile, can attack a plethora of ways and do not take on any specific form, unless its how best to attack an opponents weaknesses.

Any rate, I definitely think Brown upgraded at the WR spot, we shall see how Koonz works out, but Blake made obvious improvements to our Def & Special teams last year. It was truly the difference in a few games.. Optimistic to see the progression, parkers influence on scheme, & spring game..

With the 2020 class soon behind us, focus is mainly shifted to 2021, do we have any ideas on who the new assistants was targeting at PSU & OleMiss?? Players that may switch primary interests?

Gerad Parker had a decent impact on PSU's class last year, so its good to see Brown hired someone who can help schematically & increase overall talent level..

Curious if Gerads first year, Brown will still be heavily involved with the offense, as a way to become familiar with Parker, then Parker will take over in year 2... Im glad he hired someone with varying coaching tree experience, diversity of perspective is a good thing... Helps reduce offensive predictability..

Just hope and pray Gamble signs, and our OL make steady improvements in the offseason, or its all for not... We gotta improve OL play, but we gotta diversify the blocking schemes too. I didnt see much outside Zone/Stretch schemes this year, which is surprising given its ability to help create space for an RB, not requiring Brute strength.. 49er's & Vikings would be two excellent film studies, but we saw this in the CFP too.. Spav didnt run it much either, other then vs Texas, I suppose its just not a part of the spread concept, but versatility is key to success, and I despise when OC's identify themselves schematically. Optimal offenses are versatile, can attack a plethora of ways and do not take on any specific form, unless its how best to attack an opponents weaknesses.

Any rate, I definitely think Brown upgraded at the WR spot, we shall see how Koonz works out, but Blake made obvious improvements to our Def & Special teams last year. It was truly the difference in a few games.. Optimistic to see the progression, parkers influence on scheme, & spring game..

Broke down where they recruited at their previous stops and which players they were recruiting that overlap as targets here at this link https://westvirginia.rivals.com/new...VhIrZy6emtMpf-sQ&_guc_consent_skip=1578951992

Reactions: Volatility
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT