ADVERTISEMENT

Neal may be the catalyst

Sadly, I don't think he's a great head coach, but his name would bring back some excitement and better recruiting. Plus, he's really the only name out there. Sadly, I can see FSU going back to him after they fire Norvell......and that will probably who WVU would hire.......another loser coach.
Ehhhh I'd be a little slower to pull the trigger on Norvell. He had a lot of talent leave for the NFL and it may take year or two to rebuild that program.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Where are we getting 6 wins this year?

I don't see us going 5-4 in conference play with this team.
I can see us beating Baylor. And that's really it. The toss ups are Cincy, Iowa State, and Kansas. But with it being at Cincy, I predict a loss. And Iowa State and KU have better players and coaches than we do.

Sadly, I don't think he's a great head coach, but his name would bring back some excitement and better recruiting. Plus, he's really the only name out there. Sadly, I can see FSU going back to him after they fire Norvell......and that will probably who WVU would hire.......another loser coach.
Got nothing.

I can see us beating Baylor. And that's really it. The toss ups are Cincy, Iowa State, and Kansas. But with it being at Cincy, I predict a loss. And Iowa State and KU have better players and coaches than we do.
I can see us beating Kansas but coaching will cost us a win. I got Kansas, Baylor and Cincinnati as wins and that's only good enough for 4-8 and should close the books on Brown. But you never know. I would lose a lot of respect for Wren if he kept Brown after 4-8 or 5-7 season.

I've watched Kansas a couple of times this year, and their line play is pretty good and Jalon Daniels could be a problem for us. His big problem the last couple of games has been with getting a case of the dumbs late in the game. If we lose to Kansas, we'll be going into Stillwater at 1-3.

I'd take Rita right now...

raw

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Take any coach who has a track record better than Brown.

An excitement hire would be great but unlikely. Start gauging interest now...

There are several coaches out there who are at places below their abilities.

What about Bronco Mendenhall at New Mexico for an example?

Not a homerun hire but a solid coach who always has solid teams. Can probably get us above 5 wins in his sleep. Most likely consistent 7 win seasons and maybe better with experienced players. Won't lose games we are expected to win, may win a few we're not. You'll have to beat us though... which is better than what we have now - a team that consistently grasps defeat from the jaws of victory or just gets trounced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT