ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM My take on Brown ..

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
You could tell that this transfer really bothered him and rightfully so. This is a kid that they put a lot of effort into dating back to his original recruitment where they traveled to Canada to see him multiple times and really invested in his development. Obviously that has paid off as Mesidor has become a very talented college player. This situation is a downside of the transfer portal in the sense that West Virginia put in all the effort and development here and now somebody else will reap the rewards. Time will tell if it works out for him, but this one hurts for a lot of different reasons including as I mentioned the overall investment made here. Out of all the guys that have left, this one is the most surprising to me especially considering he was just cutting it up and at practice despite the fact he was injured a few days ago and also the most impactful. Not necessarily from a can't replace standpoint, but his value on and off the field because he was on the track to being a professional. There is no doubt this one rubbed Brown the wrong way despite his comments toward Mesidor as a person and player and while he didn't say that it was obvious by his expression and the fact he even addressed it like this. Brown coming out to address situations like this has never happened before and it's a sign of the impact of this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News