ADVERTISEMENT

Mountaineer Eats spoil sport

Richwood

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Have any of you seen the movie Forks Over Knives? After generations of folks dying young from heart disease in my family and after watching my dad spend 6 straight months at the Cleveland Clinc (just got home a month ago) which included getting a heart pump installed and after I had a Lipid Cascade blood test (I recommend this test to everyone) and finding out that I am following in my family's deadly footsteps (I know this is the longest sentence ever), I changed my diet based on the FOK movie. In 4 months I have lost 30 pounds (218 to 188), am never hungry, feel so much better and my new Lipid Cascade numbers have improved from "expect a heart attack in my future" to "expect to live forever". Check out the movie if you get a chance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

what were the biggest changes? (and . . .

fwiw, I don't consider it a spoil sport post at all.

The greatest disservice anyone can do is to tell another person that there is only one way to eat well.

Every flavor under the sun can be enjoyed from time to time, as long as it's kept in moderation. And with the right approach, eating healthy doesn't necessarily have to mean eating things that taste bad, either. A lot of folks, due to family history, metabolic quirks, poor habits, or myriad other reaons spend their entire adult lives in a struggle with weight. But living that struggle doesn't mean you have to give up eating well. It just means you have to be more careful about your choices, controlling portions, and balancing everything out with an active lifestyle.

I say all of this from within the context of losing a little over 80 pounds in the past year. I can say without reservation that I actually love all the food changes I've made. Some of it is thanks to the miracles of modern food science and technology (like the availability of greek yogurt, for example). Some of it is due to evolving tastes (I've learned to prepare vegetables in much more delicious ways). But most of all, it's due to the fact that I feel better than ever and want to keep a good thing going. And I still let myself have almost all of my old favorites from time to time--just in smaller amounts and not as ridiculously often as I used to.

Wow! Great job Richwood! I'm going to have to check that movie out.

Also, kudos to Big Clay too! That's a lot of weight bro! And I thought I was doing good dropping 20 in about a month! You and Falstaff have lost a couple 5th graders! Lol! Keep up the good work!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Did the same a few years back

I dropped 75 lbs, but cut back on my consumption and added exercise. It is amazing that when I don't do it, the amount of guilt I have. Something kicks in and makes me work harder the next time. I cut back on the smoked meat, deep fried goodies, ice cream and beer...well maybe not the nectar. I dropped the weight, an ex-wife, added an alimony payment and bought the sports car. The mid life crisis or wake up as I call it is something that most of us go through. Some decide to take the bull by the horns, Some decide to take the horns.
This post was edited on 6/5 3:47 PM by wvushwag98

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT