ADVERTISEMENT

Mountaineeers vs. Mountaineers?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
NEW ORLEANS (AP) While the future of Appalachian State interim coach Mark Ivey is unknown, Mountaineers players left no doubt about how much they appreciated the way he handled his lone game in charge, carrying him off the field in triumph.

''It was an honor,'' said Ivey, a former Appalachian State player who took over when Scott Satterfield left for Louisville two weeks ago. ''I'm glad that the kids think enough about me to want to celebrate with me and have fun because I love every one of those kids. They are exceptional.''

Appalachian State receiver Malik Williams passed for two touchdowns on trick plays, quarterback Zac Thomas caught a scoring pass and threw for three more, and the Mountaineers routed Middle Tennessee 45-13 in the New Orleans Bowl on Saturday night.

I WOULD LOVE FOR SHANE LYONS TO SCHEDULE APPY STATE IN MOUNTAINEER FIELD. 2 MOUNTAINEER TEAMS PLAYING ON MOUNTAINEER FIELD.

GET IT DONE, SHANE!!!!

TALKING HEADS WILL GO CRAZY OVER IT.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) While the future of Appalachian State interim coach Mark Ivey is unknown, Mountaineers players left no doubt about how much they appreciated the way he handled his lone game in charge, carrying him off the field in triumph.

''It was an honor,'' said Ivey, a former Appalachian State player who took over when Scott Satterfield left for Louisville two weeks ago. ''I'm glad that the kids think enough about me to want to celebrate with me and have fun because I love every one of those kids. They are exceptional.''

Appalachian State receiver Malik Williams passed for two touchdowns on trick plays, quarterback Zac Thomas caught a scoring pass and threw for three more, and the Mountaineers routed Middle Tennessee 45-13 in the New Orleans Bowl on Saturday night.

I WOULD LOVE FOR SHANE LYONS TO SCHEDULE APPY STATE IN MOUNTAINEER FIELD. 2 MOUNTAINEER TEAMS PLAYING ON MOUNTAINEER FIELD.

GET IT DONE, SHANE!!!!

TALKING HEADS WILL GO CRAZY OVER IT.
All caps because the two schools share a mascot name? You think that would be big news? It would only be big news if ASU won the game. There would certainly be no media build up.

All caps because the two schools share a mascot name? You think that would be big news? It would only be big news if ASU won the game. There would certainly be no media build up.

They beat Michigan on their home field awhile back. Guess no one told UM that they were pretty good & would play hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT