ADVERTISEMENT

More evidence WVU could have released Brown

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
Via Kevin O’Donnell of Fox 13 in Tampa Bay, the current Jackson State coach is telling recruits he’ll be “at a school” on Sunday.

Per O’Donnell, the finalists seems to be Colorado, USF, and Cincinnati. Presumably, Sanders also could decide to stay where he is.

Cincinnati just lost their coach, USF just released theirs. Neither has higher revenues than WVU at least not currently--not even close.

But the excusers are pretending WVU needed months of evaluation to bring in a better coach.

Via Kevin O’Donnell of Fox 13 in Tampa Bay, the current Jackson State coach is telling recruits he’ll be “at a school” on Sunday.

Per O’Donnell, the finalists seems to be Colorado, USF, and Cincinnati. Presumably, Sanders also could decide to stay where he is.

Cincinnati just lost their coach, USF just released theirs.

But the excusers are pretending WVU needed months of evaluation to bring in a better coach.
I don't know about over here but there are no "excusers" on the Blue Lot. I would guess the number that supported his return is less than five. I definitely have some concern that they waited so long it would make the hire more difficult but yes they still had time.

Reactions: steeleer
There will also be many new coaches available at the end of next season, if by chance, Brown doesn't do a better job next year. Just my opinion, but I don't believe Deon Sanders would be a good hire for West Virginia. He'll use you for 1-2 good years, and bolt to another school down South. He would be a much better fit in the warmer climate states, especially in Florida, Texas, or California.

There will also be many new coaches available at the end of next season, if by chance, Brown doesn't do a better job next year. Just my opinion, but I don't believe Deon Sanders would be a good hire for West Virginia. He'll use you for 1-2 good years, and bolt to another school down South. He would be a much better fit in the warmer climate states, especially in Florida, Texas, or California.
Thats assuming he is even successful. You never know what you're getting when you hire someone, but he has only been a coach for 3 years and that's at an FCS school. Making a jump to wvu would be 2-3 steps above what the natural coaching progression is in most cases. Out of the schools mentioned I think he would be best off going to USF. It's a division 1 school in an area where he is familiar with. He won't have to deal with UCF Cincy and Houston anymore. If he has success, it will surely put him on the radar of some of the better power 5 schools.

Cincinnati just lost their coach, USF just released theirs. Neither has higher revenues than WVU at least not currently--not even close.

Spread the lies and Hate Bucky. What a guy.

I highly doubt Deion Sanders would give WVU 2 thoughts of coming here.

We are what we are but for f#&ks sake aren't we still a better job than f#&king Colorado?!?

I highly doubt Deion Sanders would give WVU 2 thoughts of coming here.
You're right, he wouldn't. I remember when WVU played Notre Dame for the national title, and I was living in Tallahassee at the time, and Deon ran his mouth about West Virginia. Maybe some of the rest of you can remember, but he was playing for FSU at the time.

You're right, he wouldn't. I remember when WVU played Notre Dame for the national title, and I was living in Tallahassee at the time, and Deon ran his mouth about West Virginia. Maybe some of the rest of you can remember, but he was playing for FSU at the time.
I remember him throwing a fit because Noel Devine was coming to WVU.

We are what we are but for f#&ks sake aren't we still a better job than f#&king Colorado?!?
I'm sure we could get a better coach then Colorado. The real question is would it be worth paying a Hugh buyout to get that guy? Wvu would have been 4th in line at best when you consider Nebraska, Auburn and whiskey getting the better candidates. I look at the Ga Tech Hiring along with The Arizona state hiring. Those hires look pretty uninspiring. Maybe its a reflection of what the coaching market looks like. I don't want the University shelling out big bucks to get a vanilla hire. It appears that's what remains.

I'm sure we could get a better coach then Colorado. The real question is would it be worth paying a Hugh buyout to get that guy? Wvu would have been 4th in line at best when you consider Nebraska, Auburn and whiskey getting the better candidates. I look at the Ga Tech Hiring along with The Arizona state hiring. Those hires look pretty uninspiring. Maybe its a reflection of what the coaching market looks like. I don't want the University shelling out big bucks to get a vanilla hire. It appears that's what remains.
I agree on that. This is not the time to hire. Unfortunately that is 100% Gee's fault and I feel it was absolutely intentional.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT